Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

On a BAD run, what to do?

Options
  • 06-11-2014 12:08pm
    Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

For the last few 4 weeks, on a run from hell.
    Horses getting beaten, football teams that should be winning getting beaten.
    Knew it was time to have a rethink when sitting on a large payout with Arsenal as the last leg on Tuesday, then tried to get me losses back and was waiting for Chelsea to win and both teams to score last night.
    1-1, peno to Chelsea and Hazard has never missed a penalty in his life :mad:.
    ************!

Should I just give it up now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭markobucko

Yes..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

It happens just wait it out

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭unjedilike

Law of averages has you penned in for a win, it seems. That law can be a bit of an awful bunt though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Never chase losses, its when your judgement is utterly out the window. Just take a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 PeterBrown1415

unjedilike wrote: »
    Law of averages has you penned in for a win, it seems. That law can be a bit of an awful bunt though.

Probability theory doesn't though.
    Probability theory can be very counter-intuitive, especially for non-independent events.

IMO, if the OP is trying to win back their losses, they should give up now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭gymman39

I feel your pain as a few years ago I had a ten team acca and the teams from the Friday evening and Saturday lunchtime games all won and I was waiting on arsenal to win their 3pm game against Newcastle for a large 4 figure sum and when they went 4-0 up i went mental and had the money spent on all sorts of things..Newcastle came back to draw 4-4..I cried with temper that evening but that's gambling for you as it can bite you in the bum big time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

gymman39 wrote: »
    I feel your pain as a few years ago I had a ten team acca and the teams from the Friday evening and Saturday lunchtime games all won and I was waiting on arsenal to win their 3pm game against Newcastle for a large 4 figure sum and when they went 4-0 up i went mental and had the money spent on all sorts of things..Newcastle came back to draw 4-4..I cried with temper that evening but that's gambling for you as it can bite you in the bum big time

Thats not gambling thats playing the lotto

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Warper wrote: »
    Thats not gambling thats playing the lotto
    The key to any form of successful gambling is to bet stakes that will not have a serious impact on your life.The only way to bet is to be happy to win small amounts regularly.Bookies love multiple bets as usually one will let you down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Good loser

Quit for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Good loser wrote: »
    Quit for a month.

And then watch all your would-be bets winning ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement