Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookies/Arb questions

• 02-11-2014 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I normally post in the football betting forum, although more recently I took a break and started focusing on arb bets or as close to arb as possible.
    Bit of background;

Myself and cousin started many accounts between us using free bets etc to arb and to make easy profit.
    Futhermore we're trying to figure out what other bookies to use.

I use oddsportal.com for the bets mostly. Due to being so many bookies, obviously trying to narrow it down.

I know some bookies charge per withdrawal?(Pinnacle?) Does anybody know more about this? Are there many other bookies like it?

We're members of mostly the big bookies, Powers,Ladbrokes,Skybet,WH etc etc.

All going well so far as we have profited.

Just the main questions are;

Pinnacle? Am I right in saying they banned UK/Irish accounts or something?
    Do many bookies charge to withdraw cash?

Has anybody else tried to do much arbing and how did you find it?

Regards,

Shano, all help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

There's another couple of posts about arbing already, have a look at them.

My tuppence worth (or 2 cents).
    Best Bonus is Betfred.
    BetVictor, PP & Hills for PL football prices.
    Betfred & Bet365 on a Saturday for racing.
    AFAIK no main bookie will (or should) charge for a withdrawal.

Never used oddsportal and just had a quick look.
    Bit surprised to see the list of "Premium bookies" displayed doesn't have
    PP, Hills, Boyles or Betfred? :confused:

Word of warning though, don't keep backing arbs as you will get closed in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭paulo6891

Be careful of the sport you're arbing too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

paulo6891 wrote: »
    Be careful of the sport you're arbing too :)

How so mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭R0UF

Tennis is the classic one - different firms and exchanges have different rules on injuries. It has bankrupted many arbers.

R0UF wrote: »
    Tennis is the classic one - different firms and exchanges have different rules on injuries. It has bankrupted many arbers.

Yup, that's the one that comes to mind. It has happened in soccer too, but tennis is the one where it happens a good bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

My two cents - arbing is a very quick and easy way to burn accounts from bookies who can be very profitable in the long term.

Meaning, bookies specifically mark customers depending on their betting behaviour. E.g the punter who bets on Man United to win regardless of how good or bad the odds are, punters who only bet on accumulators etc. Finally, the worst of all in bookies' terms - arbers.

The problem (from a bookie's perspective) is that punters who only bet on arbs are bad for business as they reduce the amount of profit a bookie can realistically make from a punter. Once the bookie closes your account down that's it unless you assume the identify of someone else. A buddy of mine got closed down by Victor Chandler after four arb related bets.

Certain bookies (Will Hill and Ladbrokes for example) offer regular refund offers where you can make decent profits while minimising the risk if you do it properly.
    Full info here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Hi all,
    I normally post in the football betting forum, although more recently I took a break and started focusing on arb bets or as close to arb as possible.
    Bit of background;

Myself and cousin started many accounts between us using free bets etc to arb and to make easy profit.
    Futhermore we're trying to figure out what other bookies to use.

I use oddsportal.com for the bets mostly. Due to being so many bookies, obviously trying to narrow it down.

I know some bookies charge per withdrawal?(Pinnacle?) Does anybody know more about this? Are there many other bookies like it?

We're members of mostly the big bookies, Powers,Ladbrokes,Skybet,WH etc etc.

All going well so far as we have profited.

Just the main questions are;

Pinnacle? Am I right in saying they banned UK/Irish accounts or something?
    Do many bookies charge to withdraw cash?

Has anybody else tried to do much arbing and how did you find it?

Regards,

Shano, all help appreciated.

With Pinnacle you have 1 free withdrawal per month after that you pay for 1.
    Yes they have banned accounts from the U.K the last month but not Ireland as we dont yet have a charge put on bookies by the powers that be, they are of course ways around the ban in the U.K.
    Have you tried matchbook they have good liquidity on football and beat Pinnacle most of the time on Prices.
    Also try sbobet, there a asian bookie and never ban people same as Pinnacle and Matchbook.

Mezcita wrote: »
    My two cents - arbing is a very quick and easy way to burn accounts from bookies who can be very profitable in the long term.

Meaning, bookies specifically mark customers depending on their betting behaviour. E.g the punter who bets on Man United to win regardless of how good or bad the odds are, punters who only bet on accumulators etc. Finally, the worst of all in bookies' terms - arbers.

The problem (from a bookie's perspective) is that punters who only bet on arbs are bad for business as they reduce the amount of profit a bookie can realistically make from a punter. Once the bookie closes your account down that's it unless you assume the identify of someone else. A buddy of mine got closed down by Victor Chandler after four arb related bets.

Certain bookies (Will Hill and Ladbrokes for example) offer regular refund offers where you can make decent profits while minimising the risk if you do it properly.
    Full info here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41

Just to note, accounts get closed too if one is only backing specials. But I don't disagree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

With Pinnacle you have 1 free withdrawal per month after that you pay for 1.
    Yes they have banned accounts from the U.K the last month but not Ireland as we dont yet have a charge put on bookies by the powers that be, they are of course ways around the ban in the U.K.
    Have you tried matchbook they have good liquidity on football and beat Pinnacle most of the time on Prices.
    Also try sbobet, there a asian bookie and never ban people same as Pinnacle and Matchbook.

I came across both Matchbook and sbobet, but don't have accounts with them. Did I see Matchbook have a winners tax? Or did I imagine that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I came across both Matchbook and sbobet, but don't have accounts with them. Did I see Matchbook have a winners tax? Or did I imagine that?

No you just pay a commission as its a exchange, its mostly good for pregame bets.
    Pinnacle the place to be for in play on the NBA, they do every game and its you vs there traders.

• Advertisement

Pinnacle the place to be for in play on the NBA, they do every game and its you vs there traders.

I think that's enough of a reason to bet elsewhere actually.

Advertisement