Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Pink is definitely a grower.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Have ye heard "A Sunny Day in Glasgow"? I'm not sure about their album "Sea when Absent" yet... I was under the impression they were a shoegazer type band!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

daUbiq wrote: »
    Have ye heard "A Sunny Day in Glasgow"? I'm not sure about their album "Sea when Absent" yet... I was under the impression they were a shoegazer type band!
    Some of their older stuff has a more shoegazer vibe to it albeit with a very experimental edge, but I'd consider them more of a dream pop band these days. I love Sea When Absent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Anyone listen the new Foxygen album?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I had 2 of their albums on Spotify until earlier, deleted them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

I downloaded it earlier when I read your post. (Modern tech is wonderful) Anyway, listening to the first track, I was a bit meh.. next track was great, bit of a change I thought...but further inspection proved it was Autechre that somehow came on.

How much more irrelevant can Hot Press get?

Radio advert for current issue loudly proclaims Delorentos as one of Ireland's most important bands ever.

Time to put it out of it's misery.

Birneybau wrote: »

Radio advert for current issue loudly proclaims Delorentos as one of Ireland's most important bands ever.

But they are important. They have a very special place in making bands like My Bloody Valentine, Microdisney and God is an Astronaut appear God-like. You've got to have bands like Delorentos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭mosstin

Birneybau wrote: »

I'm not quite sure I've ever heard a song by them. I'm sure it's inevitable that I have but I wouldn't recognise one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

mosstin wrote: »
    I'm not quite sure I've ever heard a song by them. I'm sure it's inevitable that I have but I wouldn't recognise one.

Excellent first album, then moved on to meh after that. Hot press just being dramatic

• Advertisement

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

mosstin wrote: »

I heard rumours a few years ago that they were seriously tight with someone in the music industry who basically got them onto HWCH and Meteor award shows undeservedly.

Keep in mind that this was from people in other bands knocking around at the time, so it might all just stem from jealousy, but I've heard it said a fair few times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

Crystal Castles have split up. Alice Glass is going solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

The new Weezer album is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭part time punk

Sleatter-Kinney have reformed, they're playing in Vicar Street next March and I just got tickets! And just for the bonus it's a Friday and I'm about to make a pot of coffee. Woo hoo !!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Sleatter-Kinney have reformed, they're playing in Vicar Street next March and I just got tickets! And just for the bonus it's a Friday and I'm about to make a pot of coffee. Woo hoo !!

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭part time punk

Who?

Sorry, Sleater-Kinney with one t :o
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleater-Kinney

Can't get youtube/spotify in work but well worth checking out and if it's your thing tickets here ...

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/search?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search&aid=781369&user_input=sleater+&q=Sleater-Kinney

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

The new album from The Twilight Sad is now on Spotify and the like. I personally think it's their strongest yet

Oh, and you can also stream it here

http://drownedinsound.com/news/4148395-album-stream--twilight-sads-10-10-awarded-masterpiece-nobody

Sweet! Stoked for the new album too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭smacg

Anyone listened to this much. Mercury Prize 2014: Young Fathers win
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29791914

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Really enjoyed the Antlers tonight.... Been a lot of gigs this year... Probably done now unless some local ones show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Really enjoyed the Antlers tonight.... Been a lot of gigs this year... Probably done now unless some local ones show up.

Surely you have enough gas left for Future Islands?

nocoverart wrote: »
    Surely you have enough gas left for Future Islands?

Wish I did. Looks like I'll have to wait until next time. Say it'll be a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

Would have loved to see Antlers. My own fault for bad scheduling :(

Going to Future Islands though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

steve_r wrote: »
    Would have loved to see Antlers. My own fault for bad scheduling :(

Going to Future Islands though! :)

Was at Antlers last night and going to Future Islands on Sunday...toot toot.:o

Thought Antlers were excellent, was at the back though so was affected by bar chattering during some of the quieter moments, especially Epilogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Was at Antlers last night and going to Future Islands on Sunday...toot toot.:o

Thought Antlers were excellent, was at the back though so was affected by bar chattering during some of the quieter moments, especially Epilogue.

See now that's just rubbing it in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

steve_r wrote: »
    See now that's just rubbing it in :pac:

There was no need for it I admit.

Will happily take an infraction for being a dick. :pac:

• I was at The Antlers too. Great gig (Kettering would have made me cry if I wasn't made of stone) but I was painfully conscious of being pretty much the only loner near the front of the stage. I wish I had more gig buddies (or buddies in general) :(

• Advertisement

I was at The Antlers too. Great gig (Kettering would have made me cry if I wasn't made of stone) but I was painfully conscious of being pretty much the only loner near the front of the stage. I wish I had more gig buddies (or buddies in general) :(

Why don't you join one of those groups that meet up for gigs? Say its a good way to meet people as well.

Advertisement