Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NBA Regular Season 14/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Crazy basket from LeBron, genius.

Irving should have shot that off the pass, to dribble in that situation is just idiotic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Tristan Thompson has 12 offensive boards:eek::cool:

Tristan Thompson is God. 12 offensive rebounds.

Well that was a fun game. Cavs take it 114-108 in OT!:D

• Advertisement

Well that should settle the Cavs a bit. Good win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Weird game. Bulls didn't play well in regulation, apart from Rose who then had to go out with his twisted ankle.

Then they should've won it, if Snell didn't foul Lebron on the inbounds up 5, with 45 seconds left. That was the killer, giving them the points while taking no time off the clock. Not gonna criticise Snell because he played well, defending Lebron well and scoring.

No real chance in overtime, begun it down 4 starters.

- Lebron had an odd game too I thought, played a good first half. Went out of the game in the 2nd half, looked tired & asked to get subbed out of the game twice. Maybe just early season conditioning.

- Never seen the Bulls give up so many offensive rebounds.

- Didn't like Thibs player rotation, thought he could've used the bench better, gave up on McDermott & Mirotic early. Not enough offense at the end.

- Hard to read too much into it, two teams still workings things out. Game probably came a bit early in the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Have watched the Bulls-Cavs games and Spurs - Suns games from last night.

i'd agree about LeBrons conditioning to some extent. I wonder is it anything to do with the change of diet he went through. Word is that Rose is okay as far as i know, was worried it was another disaster when he went into the locker room.

I was impressed with the Suns, they really slogged it out with San Antonio with Alex Len showing that he's actually a decent player when he wants to be. Isaiah Thomas will be a shoe-in for sixth man if he keeps playing like he currently is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

dwight will have a field day tonight

Watching Mavs v Pelicans because I've backed Mavs tonight. Spectacular offense in the first half from Dallas, this team is really good and really deep. They execute the pick and roll better than anyone in the league, either the pick and pop from Ellis Dirk, or the pick and roll lob pass to Chandler/Wright. Almost the perfect first half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

nerd69 wrote: »
    dwight will have a field day tonight

Ah jaysus nerd at least pretend the Celtics have a chance. And stranger things have happened. The Lakers pushed the clippers last night so you never say never.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ah jaysus nerd at least pretend the Celtics have a chance. And stranger things have happened. The Lakers pushed the clippers last night so you never say never.

Anything can happen, but as sure as tomorrow is Sunday, Olynyk will be unable to do anything with Dwight in the post

i dont think so I'm afraid i love our guards and green is a decent player although he should be better than his is but we have nobody that can defend in the paint maby sully but nobody inside there will be abel to compete with the likes of dwight

i will say right here right now we are instant underdogs if were playing a team with very good offensive center

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Stuckey is out. Donald Sloan is the only point guard the Pacers have left now. Wow...

Dallas blow 17 point lead, down 3. Spoke too soon.

Rockets lead the celtics 37-22 at the end of one quarter.

Tyreke Evans is good when he is not grotesquely over weight. Tearing it up in the 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

How the raptors playing does anyone know?

shamrock55 wrote: »
    How the raptors playing does anyone know?

Beating the Magic 91-84 as I type.

Man, the Bulls are deep. No Rose, no Gibson, 2nd night of a back-to-back, on the road, and steamrollering the Timberwolves.

Also, Wiggins looks like a bust.

• Advertisement

padraig_f wrote: »
    Man, the Bulls are deep. No Rose, no Gibson, 2nd night of a back-to-back, on the road, and steamrollering the Timberwolves.

Is rose out for the game tonight ? They said he missed 181 games in three seasons. I mean its a shame for such a giftred player to have such injury problems.

to be fair a lot of experts said he would he didn't dominate in college like an anthony davis its all about potential with him so he was always likely to be poor enough for a season maby two

(having said that i got very caught up in the hype around draft time)

The celtics couldn't hit water if the feel out of a boat from the three point line. Whatever rondo tried there a three pointer It wasnt.

Is rose out for the game tonight ? They said he missed 181 games in three seasons. I mean its a shame for such a giftred player to have such injury problems.

Rolled his ankle last night, nothing to worry about, will be back in a couple of days.
    to be fair a lot of experts said he would he didn't dominate in college like an anthony davis its all about potential with him so he was always likely to be poor enough for a season maby two

(having said that i got very caught up in the hype around draft time)

I was kind of exaggerating for humourous effect based on one half of basketball, but he was poor in the first half. He's had some nice moments in the 2nd half, and the Wolves are back in it.

I was kind of exaggerating for humourous effect based on one half of basketball, but he was poor in the first half. He's had some nice moments in the 2nd half, and the Wolves are back in it.

my bad still suffering the hangover of all hangovers i fear subtle humour is beyond me at the moment :o

lads I'm trying to cancel league pass but can't find anywhere on the site to do it. can anyone help me out

Nearly jinxed them, bit fortunate to win in the end.

Led by 2 with 24 seconds left, gave the Wolves 4 chances at it, giving up 3 offensive boards, Kevin Martin nails a 3 with 2.7 seconds left.

Inbound from half-court. Jimmy drives, slips, pump-fakes, Wiggins jumps a mile into the air. Jimmy draws the foul, and nails both free throws for the win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

it's way too early to say Wiggins is a bust. The kid has only played less than a handful of games and he's only 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

lads I'm trying to cancel league pass but can't find anywhere on the site to do it. can anyone help me out

Usually when you go to your account you can go to a billing or package section and cancel it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just watched the Golden State - LA game - is there a more exciting (offensive) back court in the league than Curry and Thompson? Looking forward to seeing them in the flesh in a few weeks (PLEASE DO NOT GET INJURED IN THE INTERIM!). Ok, my overdue predictions for the year:
    East: 1) Cavs 2) Bulls 3) Wizards 4) Raptors 5) Hawks 6) Charlotte Hornets 7) Knicks 8) Heat( I really wanted to omit the Heat here, that pick comes down to how much you trust Bosh's ability to get back to his Toronto days.I think that Stan could find a way to get Detroit into the playoffs also.)

West 1) Spurs 2) Clippers 3) Grizzlies 4)OKC 5) Warriors 6) Rockets 7) Mavs 8) Trail Blazers (Suns won't be far away. It's just hard to see any of last years teams slipping out of the playoffs. The Blazers are the most likely to have a regression year imo, and I have a sneaky feeling about the Pelicans. Davis could possible drag his team kicking and screaming into the 8th spot.

MVP: It's too easy to say LeBron and though he is the best player in the league part of me thinks he will suffer from voter fatigue again. So, that, and Durant out for part of the season ruling him out I'd going to throw in a wild card - Joakim Noah. This is contingent on the Bulls winning the East (which I think they will) and the press hankering for a team player over individual style MVP a la the real old days. Wild card - either Chris Paul or Blake Griffin from the Clipps; and, and I'm not joking here - writer/cocah/commentator favourite Anthony Davis has a real shot at this if the Pelicans make the Playoffs.
    Rookie of the Year: Smart - I think he's going to get major minutes in Beantown and in the ROY race that's a huge factor.
    Defensive Player of the Year: Anthony Davis
    Most Improved Player: Anthony Davis (again - if it's possible to win more than one award, this is the guy to do it). Or Blake Griffin (seriously).
    6th man: Isiah Thomas
    Breakout Player: Mason Plumlee (prob should have been ROY last year in hindsight - check the stats and the +/-)
    Coach of the year: Thibs (or potentially Blatt)

East:
    1. Bulls - obviously contingent on the 1st 5 staying injury free.
    2. Cavs
    3. Raptors
    4. Wizards
    5. Atlanta
    6. Charlotte
    7. Miami
    8. Brooklyn

West:
    1. San Antonio - you just can't knock them, the coach or their consistency.
    2. Clippers - have to improve on Year 2 with Doc
    3. GSW - I said they'd win the West last year, think they have a real shot this year again if Bogut in particular can stay healthy.
    4. Houston - only this high due to OKC losing ground early but on their day could beat anyone, Think the Parsons loss will ultimately be something they regret
    5. OKC - would have been way higher save for the current injuries, prob. 2nd to be fair but losing Durant and Westbrrok early will hurt them. That said, if you're going to lose guys to injury better now than any other time.
    6. Dallas - look seriously good offensively
    7. Memphis
    8. Portland

The East will be a bit of a joke again this year with really only 2 teams competing for it while the West will see really good teams not make the Play Offs again - which is a shame.

Finals:

Bulls V someone from the West (lol). Really torn on this, my head says San Antonio but they're going to have to beat at least 2 really really good teams to get that far. I see anyone from San An, OKC, the Clippers or GSW legitimately have a shot at winning the West and ultimately, it all. I'm going to say San An or GSW, but this is a fricking coin toss.

• Advertisement

Anyone watching the early game? Clippers lead 51-45 at the half

Advertisement