Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know Your Elves #9 - Moonbeam

• 24-10-2014 7:25am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Happy Friday! Friday on a bank holiday no less!! Woohoo!

Here we go, week 9 and October is coming to an end and the clocks are going back, we are getting so close!!

So as usual I'll kick things off,

What is your favourite christmas movie?
    What is your favourite christmas song?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

Hello Moonbeam...
    What is your own favourite Christmas memory?
    Any parts of the Christmas season, you could gladly opt out off?
    Any special wishes for the forthcoming Christmas?
    C.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I love The Snowman and it is my favourite christmas song and movie:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

CarrieAnne wrote: »
    Hello Moonbeam...
    What is your own favourite Christmas memory?
    Any parts of the Christmas season, you could gladly opt out off?
    Any special wishes for the forthcoming Christmas?
    C.

My favourite christmas memory from childhood is going in to town to see Switzers window and the street traders on Henry St.

I would have opted out of christmas day when I was younger but now I love it all.

Not really but once we all get through it safely I will be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Do you cook Christmas dinner at home or do you go elsewhere? What's your favourite part of the dinner?

We will drive to Cork for a huge big family christmas dinner:)
    I cooked dinner once but that because i was too pregnant to travel!

Christmas pudding is my favourite bit of the dinner:) and all the people sitting around the table happily chatting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Do you listen to Christmas FM?

Do you have a favourite Christmas song?

Any festive tunes that really grind your gears?

If Christmas dinner main course could only consist of 2 things, what would they be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Hi Moonbeam,

Brandy butter ,cream or custard on your pudding?

Most precious/oldest Christmas decoration?

What does your typical Christmas eve routine consist of?

Posy wrote: »
    Do you listen to Christmas FM?

Do you have a favourite Christmas song?

Any festive tunes that really grind your gears?

If Christmas dinner main course could only consist of 2 things, what would they be?

Christmas FM will be permanently on in the car and house:)

Not that I can think of:)

Sprouts and mash.

delw wrote: »
    Hi Moonbeam,

Brandy butter ,cream or custard on your pudding?

Most precious/oldest Christmas decoration?

What does your typical Christmas eve routine consist of?

A tiny bit of ice cream on my pudding. I can't really eat dairy products so it is a tiny amount.

A lot of my decorations got lost,I had a "cheeky charlie" that I loved,my best friend got some personal decoration made for it and I love them too.

I have 4 January babies so Christmas and christmas eve had changed alot over the last 5 years:) Usually the kids have a bath,put on their christmas pjs ,watch a christmas film with me,then we leave the food out for reindeer and Santa.
    The kids go to bed with a story.
    This is when we need to start assembling toys and when I make a mess with water and carrots because reindeer are really messy eaters!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

What brought you to the Christmas forum originally?

Do the kids leave anything out for Santa? Eg mince pies, biscuits, drawings

What is the best part of Christmas with small children?

Do you have any Christmas jumpers? If so, describe!

• Advertisement

It was called Christmas:) who could resist?

The kids leave letters,drawings,treats and a drink out for Santa,D wrote her 1st letter this evening in fact!

The elf on the shelf keeps an eye on the kids and their bedrooms coming up to christmas,he moves around our house keeping an eye on them. I love the excitement christmas eve when every noise they hear must be santa and they are trying to go to bed all evening because they are so scared that santa wil not come if they are awake:)
    Then of course christmas morning when they get their presents,seeing the huge smiles and the excitement:)

I have a Rudolph hoodie,complete with antlers and bell bought in Pennys last year:)
    The kids have grown out of theirs so will need to replace them this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

1) When do you put up your tree?
    2) Do you to church or anything around Christmas time?
    3) If you could invite anyone, living or dead, to your Christmas dinner this year, who would it be?

:)

1) When do you put up your tree?
    2) Do you to church or anything around Christmas time?
    3) If you could invite anyone, living or dead, to your Christmas dinner this year, who would it be?

:)

The tree usually goes up the week before Christmas but only because I try to make it a family event .
    Not unless I have no choice and he is playing music there .
    I am adopted so I think it would be amazing to have my family there .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Moonbeam do you tune into rte's toy show?
    If yes to the above Would you have tuned into the toy show before the children?
    Do you hang Christmas stockings?
    What is your favourite christmas TV advert?
    Any christmas rituals in your home?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

eek....best get this one in before you go.... :)

What would be in your time machine selection box?

Modern LED or traditional shaded lights on the tree?

Do you have a crib?

The toy Santy had the hardest time finding in time for Christmas for you as a child?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Are there any films that aren't specifically festive that you watch every Christmas?

Do you prefer Christmas eve, Christmas day or Stephen's Day?

If Mr. Moonbeam won the euromillions, what extravagant gift would you want from him for Christmas?

SarahLil wrote: »
    Moonbeam do you tune into rte's toy show?
    If yes to the above Would you have tuned into the toy show before the children?
    Do you hang Christmas stockings?
    What is your favourite christmas TV advert?
    Any christmas rituals in your home?

I love the toy show:)last year I had to buy a new TV to watch it because ours broke in October but I was not bothered but could not miss the Toy Show! It is the only thing I watch on RTE.
    I have always watched the toy show,they fell asleep last year.
    Yes,we have chrsitmas stockings in grannys house and at home.
    The little girl and santa in the cornflakes ad is so cute and reminds me of my 2nd girl.
    We go to the concert hall to see The Snowman every year since D was born but no other traditions yet.

washiskin wrote: »
    eek....best get this one in before you go.... :)

What would be in your time machine selection box?

Modern LED or traditional shaded lights on the tree?

Do you have a crib?

The toy Santy had the hardest time finding in time for Christmas for you as a child?

I am not sure,possibly a trip back to my care free teenage years for a weeks holidays:)
    LED lights are the only ones that the husband allows ;)
    We have a crib...somewhere...

Posy wrote: »
    Are there any films that aren't specifically festive that you watch every Christmas?

Do you prefer Christmas eve, Christmas day or Stephen's Day?

If Mr. Moonbeam won the euromillions, what extravagant gift would you want from him for Christmas?

I love Christmas eve the best when we are at home for it,I like Christmas day the best when we are not.

He could finally get me and extension with a new kitchen in it and a Volvo XC90 :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Moonbeam! I'm so sorry for the late questions.

Feel a bit bad for it.

What's your favourite Christmas tradition?

Describe your average Christmas Eve/Day?

What's the most important thing for you at Christmas? Family, food, religion etc?

What do you feel people sometimes overlook when it comes to Christmas?

Cheers :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement