Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

TTM.... A few interesting articles in the media, facebook , twitter etc for past few days regarding the treatment of a female freelance photographer at the Thurles CBS V Limerick collleges in the Harty cup. The manager of Thurles acted very badly and even got his subs to stand in front of and intimidate thephotographer. Very odd behavior by a team management. I wonder was there an illegal player or an overage player on the Thurles team considering the actions of manager. Must be something behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Smith614 wrote: »
    TTM.... A few interesting articles in the media, facebook , twitter etc for past few days regarding the treatment of a female freelance photographer at the Thurles CBS V Limerick collleges in the Harty cup. The manager of Thurles acted very badly and even got his subs to stand in front of and intimidate thephotographer. Very odd behavior by a team management. I wonder was there an illegal player or an overage player on the Thurles team considering the actions of manager. Must be something behind it.

I didnt hear at all
    That was in claughan yeah?

Any article link please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Breadandbutter

It difficult to get the balance right but you woul have to wonder about Kileagh in the b competitions - Clonakilty got a right beating and they actually had a few fine hurlers when later in game ( when Killeagh had withdrawn their stronger players ) and the game opened up a bit - given it was over as a contest at that stage

I know it's cyclical and can vary and I would never begrudge Killeagh their victory as they work hard at their hurling but it's a shame to see Clonakiltys efforts yield such poor reward

A similar scenario played out in A competition where Blackrock proved to be too strong for the winners of the divisional sides and although Carrigaline tried hard Blackrock were always going to win it

one player I was disappointed with for Carrigaline was Killian McIntyre - he seems to have had a loss of form - he wasn't terrific either against Newtown - I think half back is his natural position. - or certainly he has played very well in that position or midfield on cork underage teams - sometimes clubs try to push their better more flexible backs forward if they need a bit more punch up front and personally I feel this hinders rather than helps developing players - it's a bit unfair on them too - now I'm only supposing, maybe that is his preferred position but he certainly had less impact on the game named at 15 although predominately in half forwards - just an observation - rob o Shea did well and Jamie de Puis always handy with ball in hand and Coakley strong in the air too but ultimately Blackrock too balanced and strong in nearly all positions

If Crokes play Ballincollig there,will be a kerry man with cork club george durreant, but also a cork man with crokes,michael milner ex doheny dual player with them.

Puis did good but isnt intercounty.

Murphy was outstanding as was halloran cork.minor what a goal,what a player.

Ir
    Tim o.mahony,looney,halloran,kingston landers,jesus some forwards next year for cork.
    Draw is meant to be thurdsay week i heard not sure on it though

Ballyhea v lixnaw mallow next week,huge north cork at it,ballyhea should win it.

If Crokes play Ballincollig there,will be a kerry man with cork club george durreant, but also a cork man with crokes,michael milner ex doheny dual player with them.

Puis did good but isnt intercounty.

Murphy was outstanding as was halloran cork.minor what a goal,what a player.

Ir
    Tim o.mahony,looney,halloran,kingston landers,jesus some forwards next year for cork.
    Draw is meant to be thurdsay week i heard not sure on it though

Ballyhea v lixnaw mallow next week,huge north cork at it,ballyhea should win it.

Ballyhea V Lixnaw is clashing with Charleville V Fermoy, most North cork gaels will be in Pairc Ui Chaoimmh. Madness by Munster council to clash these two fixtures.

• Advertisement

Smith614 wrote: »
    Ballyhea V Lixnaw is clashing with Charleville V Fermoy, most North cork gaels will be in Pairc Ui Chaoimmh. Madness by Munster council to clash these two fixtures.

Id say lot neutrals go mallpw see pa callaghan and its munster game

A joke it clashing

Any link of the incident you mentioned thurles game please?

Id say lot neutrals go mallpw see pa callaghan and its munster game

A joke it clashing

Any link of the incident you mentioned thurles game please?
    Ill check it for u later and post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

Delighted for collig, 108 years is some wait!!! good for cork gaa in an overall sense that one of our most populous towns gets this profile as they are in serious competition with rugby and soccer in particular. Colligs cork stars like glavin, Kelly, sean kiely and the great john miskella stood up wherear only john o rourke did for rangers..........not surprising for those of us who have watched some of these fellas play.
    Sad to see the last of the GREAT sean og on sunday, and in fairness to piarsaigh they died with their boots on. Fair play to sean og for diving straight in with piarsaigh u21s and the cork u14s, what an asset the man will be.
    Very worried by the current silence from our media friendly football manager -where is the confirmation of pat Flanagan? who is replacing ronan McCarthy? when is he going to talk to the panel? cork are allowed and due to return training in a couple of weeks and there is nothing but rumours none of which are positive.
    Great news for sars with kilmallocks win, despite sars many weaknesses including their lack of physicality they should fancy themselves for this one and may finally do themselves some good in munster.
    As for hurling I hear a few of the fringe panellists are going travelling including egan so expect some changes being brought in, surely at this stage Jamie nagle?

My 2015 Cork Mcgrath Cup and National Football League Senior Football panel,where every single player unlike last year gets a fair chance and accordingly the Panel is reviewed and cut for the Championship,a few days after our league is over,and this panel is purely picked on talents alone,the clubs they repersent to me,is irrelevant,i dont and will never do club bias when I Pick at any grade at any level any Cork intercounty GAA Team.
    I have an agenda,only one it is ,Cork football to win a senior all ireland,nothing more,nothing less that simple.

Goalkeepers,halloran,hanaharan
    If they want a third,then pryce hes better imo than lordan.

Halloran can as proven in the club scence v mayo,v sligo kick a ball over 45m,taken and scored 45s for Bishopstown,its just a myth some have that he cant,what he needs unlike last year is a stable,reliable,consistent,coherent,effective, Serial ball winning midfield partnership to aim he's kickouts at.

Corner Backs
    The one aera cork had a real lack of depth last year and if Cadogan goes hurling only then will have to find more
    Alan and stephen cronin,,galvin,
    The only half back along with clydas o sullivan that could do a job at corner back is crowley but id rather him at half back
    John mcloughin,no way had hes chance.
    Ray carey may in a blanket defence but he wont play if asked for cork next year ,
    Outstanding minor full back kevin flahive,played senior for douglas should be on the panel,as good enough to be groomed,like the rock at 19 when he captained Cork to a hurling league title.
    Flahive has it all,future cork senior full back imo.

Full backs
    Shields,jamie sullivan

Half backs
    Loughrey
    If Cork are still in trouble Fiactra lynch in a blanket defence could do a job,not a forward imo,but is strong in the tackle,good man on the ball,good kickpasser.Played a league game at corner back.for cork and for a novice ,took to it like a duck to water
    Worth a look here our at midfield,real bottle he has, a good footballer also

Clancy x 2
    Crowley
    Dorman
    Colm Tucker o brien
    O donoughe ballincollig
    Brian o driscoll if not at half back play as an auxillary half forward
    Sean white

Midfield
    Mivhael laoire
    Deane if fit
    Maguire kiely,fitzpatrick,lynch maybee
    Walsh likely hurling,dinnen wont play id say
    Paul flynn ballyclough deserves a look in the league
    Kevin canty im sorry but no ,he was poorly treated by gerald mac in hurling in 2008, yes but despite a good game yesterday not up to senior for cork,was on the ist panel last year,didnt make the cut.

Half forwards
    John o rourke ,collins if not hurling,vaughan,hodnett,Mark Sugrue if not hurling,
    Kerrigan by the skin of hes teeth
    Id stop him from media interviews for a while, doing too much talking,not delivering consistently in big games imo.The guy to talk is,Doc ,or kelly or Colm o.neill,or shields proven consistent big game players.

Those four allow to talk ,yes the media have a job to do,you must facilate them absoultely, the media are vital to the game and im all for players doing it but pick and choose who you allow talk to them.
    Kerrigan has to work on consistenty for club and county in big games.Being great today,poor the next day not good enough,kilkenny would not accept or tolerate it.

He wants to talk This is not the time,hes playing for cork senior football team,am i harsh no , but the honeymoon is over imo for Cork football ,it must get Real.
    Just watch john caulfield play the media game brillantly this week,he will pick and choose who talks,he,will blow up dundalk,and ease pressure on hes lads while beliving they can get a result.

Donnacha o connor could be a deep lying role in the pocket at half forward in games.
    Such balls of steel,i mean real real.balls of steel,dog,bite ,intelligent footballer and a big big game player when the need is greatest wont go missing,will always stand tall,you need hes type to win in killarney,like munster rubgy winning in the South of France you need a certain characther to do that.
    Doc is a warrior.

Cian kiely let him with the u 21s mainly but come may have on the panel,some player for the future as an half foward defender auxrillay role.

Centre forward withoubt a doubt kelly if injured collins.Barry donovan had a great piece on kelly in the echo hes magic moments in the game,and said correctly so paddy kelly was the best club player in cork this year,yet he,was Woefully dropped by our manager for cork.In fairness like.

Full forwards
    Colm o neill,brian hurley,Daniel Goulding,Dan Maceoin
    We will only need two full forwards in a blanket defence these four are plenty

Hayes,barry o driscoll,fintan gould,Colm O Driscoll ,ruthelessy dropped if I was Cork Senior Football Manager and a few others walking thin lines imo.
    To change cultures like any winning team,like clare,donegal,tyrone,Etc they made ruthless changes and cork have to go out with the old,in with the new.
    None of this give it time lark,three games maxium,player does not meet expectations,thanks but good luck enjoy your summer holidays,and club football.
    Young lads id be more patient of course but players for example like Kerrigan,Jamie Sul,Goulding,no exuse,there seasoned campaigners.
    Of course the biggest change id make of all is a new manager but would allow him stay if he got rid of davis,sexton,made two new selectors and appointed a coach to replace ronan mccarthy and,also realise its jack sh##t and,wasting hes time,and every ones elses unless he actually listens to hes selectors input,espiceally if they are proven successful coaches.

Devise a system,blanket,not totally but a balance with one sweeper,and counter attacking at pace and have a plan b.

Egan is going but he no huge loss as hes inconsistent ,mcdonnell is staying thank god,other two not confirmed yet.I have said all year jamie nagle must get a recall.
    Wonderful player .Has cut and bite in hes hurling.

Who sean would you drop of the hurling panel for next year??

I would consider dropping bud Hartnett, don't see it in this guy for this level. Would use Darren McCarthy as an outfield player, consistently excellent with ballymartle, not sure on sub keeper? probably Lawton also. Not much else there assuming that the 3 dual players go hurling. under no circumstances would I accept dual again if I was JBM or Cuthbert, the effect it had in august (as Cusack so correctly pointed out it would) was absolutely massive, with both walsh and cahalane having terrible games in both codes at this critical time of the year.
    If conor o Sullivan heads off I would recall the unfortunate killian murphy or perhaps Daniel kearneys brother

• Advertisement

Thanks sean Anyone on the football panel i named youd,disagree,with or add to it

How would you rate ballicollig if they play,crokes??

My hurling panel for the 2015 league and enter waterford crystal cup is

Goalkeepers.Nash,mccarthy  ,

Corner backs Conor o.sullivan
    Mcdonnell ,Shane O Neill,Killan Burke,Stephen Murphy

Full backs,dennehy,spillane,and cahalane

Please sent someone to watch jack sheehan if he plays,fitz ul again.
    Unlikely we need him now,but have a look at him.
    Half backs
    Colm barry,murphy,can play either wing,willam kearney but im not convinced or corner back
    Id rather killan.murphy poorly treated last year while others got nine lives.

If cadogan is just hurling fine,bit hes not a full back

Centre back ,ellis,joyce

Jamie Nagle,mcloughlin both get games for number seven
    Id drop egan,hes apparently travelling will miss the league anway.

Midfield
    AidanWalsh, ,kearney,rob o shea,Michael Sullivan
    Glen kennfick is fast,wristy hurler,wouldnt be starting any game but have him training with senior panel like michael cahalane next year and pa callaghan who declined last year,will again likely decline next year

Half forwards
    John cronin,harnedy,cooper,lehane,coughlan,Shane O Keoffe,David Cunningham Glen Rovers

Full forward line
    Horgan,cadogan,moylan ,padraig gould,paudie sullivan,Anthony spillane,pa cronin
    Sean hayes ,have him on training panel one for the future should be intermediate panel next year
    These young lads i have wont develop at u 21 under pat,so must be under good coaching in liam hayes or at senior.Pa callaghan would be,im not sure hell join
    Would be an ideal full forward,or even half forward,won ball in the air ,like a kangaroo,elastic jump,like richie hogan,very roboust,strong as,an ox,but crucially tough on the inside,will mix it .
    Pa callaghan if he doesnt play senior or u21,may  who knows imo play for intermedates under liam hayes.
    No one can blame pa if he,was dulliusioned or grew out of love for cork hurling,had three years at minor,on awful coached teams,knock the,stuffing out of anyone.
    Pa ,and hes family are wonderful hurling people,not just ballyhea club games,but i often saw hes people in the crowd at games like the newtown u duhallow game,two weeks ago,and cork v clare u 21 challenge last march even though pa wasnt playing in either.There real ,real hurling people,im delighted for them last sunday.
    If cahalane was fine at full back,maybee,maybee,colm as a ball winning half forward.Hes superb in the air,aggression in hes hurling.

I dont expect some of the 19 year olds to start,but blood them in the panel,and  give sean hayes,kingston for example hope in they had the misfortune of having last year under a poor set up.Time for a new captain,only between three,harndey,walsh, nash
    Id prefer an outfield player.

Close call and hes time will come,i would have given it to harnedy,but id give it to walsh,reward hes loyalty to hurling,and showed real leadership,honesty courage,balls of  conviction for speaking openly and calling a halt to dualism.

In a position on the field to really lead, he is the only player with a senior all ireland medal,players,would look up to him.
    Horgan cant be captain,wouldnt sit well with him,enough pressure on him with being ace free taker and marquee forward as it is.

This years u 21 set was so predictible,tried to play aggressive hurling.Thats all management knew.
    When limerick played kilkenny,cusack previewed it by saying limerick bounced off kilkenny,kilkenny would absorb the shock and take it.He used a phrase, would you karate chop bruce lee.?
    You must pick off scores ,play with fluidity he said.
    Thats applys to cork u 21 hurling team,We beat waterford,being physical bouncing of them,they had no intensity .We won more down to what waterford didnt do than what cork did.

We tried to do it to clare but it was an arrogrant insult to the toughest u 21 team in living history imo with no logic,we tried to bounce of them ,but they were like skippy the kangaroo,they bounced back and then were too fluid,systetmatic,had a cohesion that is alien to cork u 21 trained teams the last five years and blew us away as our team were like a statue,oblivous to the reality that lived in the moment besides them.Any team i ever saw Et the last five years I
    With cork.u 21 plays as indivuals,not as a collective force.

Cusack has one great line,to lead to the summit,you first got to scale it yourself.
    In my words it is only he who wears the shoe know exactly how fits.

We have guys that never reached the summit in cork hurling,as managers of our teams when you gave them sat nav,map,compass,still couldnt reach it with the greatest respect to them,and i judge them hurling soley and only hurling.No one can doubt their commitment,or passion,but thats not enough imo.

Players that have been tried and not impressesd imo,lawton,haughney very poor,cian maccarthy etc very unmobile will have cracker in kilmallock do but more bottle in fairness than haughney ,and lawton put together.
    Cussen name will crop up but with the usal media suspects  thankfully jbm wont recall him again.When jbm didnt use him much in 2013,tells the story.
    At the end of the day Cork hurling is not an airline,can ill afford to carry even one passenger in 2015.Harsh,of course it is lads,im human too,i geuinely get no joy in being so harsh,but this is now elite sport winning is everything for cork hurling,second is nothing for a county like us.

The template when people say we are too harsh,just have a moment,close your eyes and ask what would Brian Cody do?????or Eammon Fitzmaurice,or Eammon ryan or Jim Mcguinness,Jim Gavin or Davy fitz all ruthless managers.
    Ruthless,execution on and off the field Cork Hurling Craves for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭zetecescort

Would it be worth including Cormac Murphy in the senior squad as a replacement for Egan, was impressed with him in the couple of Cork intermediate games I saw this summer?

Would it be worth including Cormac Murphy in the senior squad as a replacement for Egan, was impressed with him in the couple of Cork intermediate games I saw this summer?

Definitely!!! one for 2015 for sure.

TTM, Stephen o Donoghue is one I have always felt was worth a look for cork, never got a break under counihan, like galvin.
    Tbh its very difficult to get excited or enthused for 2015 knowing the disaster tha this year has been and the way a lot of the players feel.
    We simply dotn have a management team capable of managing at this level - they don't understand what it takes, they don't have any experience and they don't seem to learn from mistakes.
    Unfortunately they believed the hype of the league instead of the Dublin game being a huge wake up call, I have no doubt the moral victory vs mayo has long term done more damage then good giving a false sense of being correct to Cuthbert.............hard to even start thinking about players for 2015 at this stage

Outstanding for club,county at intrrmediate and u 21,and for ucc

Outstanding in two challenge senior matches player of year imo corl intermediates

Him ,nagle got to get games

Half back though not a,forward

yeah id agree had murphy and o donugje in.my panels

What do you make colm tucker o.brien

Is flanganan.joining as coach??no one knows

If macarthy went outfield sean,theres one man,only one man young patrick collins just going on.19 but already two as u 21,and three yeats left,what a talent,temparment,superb hands,plays half forward for club,hes unbelievable sean breathtaking saves in walsh park u 21,four beauties,would lost otherwise,two splendid in.minor v limerick

Not too young for sub goalie,cusack was similar

Sean will.be one of the great i mean great,great really great goalies not just in cork.
    Younger brother ger is just as good also.

If macarthy went outfield sean,theres one man,only one man young patrick collins just going on.19 but already two as u 21,and three yeats left,what a talent,temparment,superb hands,plays half forward for club,hes unbelievable sean breathtaking saves in walsh park u 21,four beauties,would lost otherwise,two splendid in.minor v limerick

Not too young for sub goalie,cusack was similar

Sean will.be one of the great i mean great,great really great goalies not just in cork.
    Younger brother ger is just as good also.

ya fully aware of young Collins, unfortunately he will have the distinction of playing about 5/6 years at moinor and u21 for cork without ever getting out of munster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! getting to a munster u21 final only to be destroyed.............terrible situation for these young cork hurlers to have kenneally for 4 odd years.........but defintaly Collins is next in line after nash

http://munster.gaa.ie/2014/10/20/corn-ui-mhuiri-round-1/

The dean ryan cup semis cancelled due to a bereavement.
    May that person rest in peace

not sure can i make it but i want to see chriost ri ,scroll down,that some panel they have play croke champions ,dingle
    Ephie on the sideline with kerrigan,and aidan moyinhan
    They were unlucky in the replay last year,they will want revenge

Thats strong dingle panel
    Fitmaurice gone as manager it seems?

I think brian kerins is the late rip johns son,great goalie great person

Obizgende could take this competition by storm in paul galvin role,unbelievable minors wouldnt start him despite staring at u 21 level club

Alano callaghan outstanding blackrock u 21 hurling satirday minor hurler cork thos year,some big game player good footballer

West,is fine player also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

What odds are Hassig on Saturday? Can see them over-turning C'Martyr.

TTM.... Crowds going to Mallow to see Pa O Callaghan, are u serious??? Ah calm down boy. Goood player but not the talk of the province.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

not sure can i make it but i want to see chriost ri ,scroll down,that some panel they have play croke champions ,dingle

Tommy Griffin is the new manager

Thanks Denis

If you hear please the venue and refixed date for the dean ryan cup semi final ,would you please post it

Thanks in advance

Dingles survivors of last year game aproxiatemely nine of them

Brian Ó BeaglaoichAn Ghaeltacht full back
    Aodhán Ó ConchúirDaingean Uí Chuis sub defender
    Seán Ó GairbhiaAn Ghaeltacht corner back
    Marc Ó ConchúirDaingean Uí Chuis midfield

Seanachán Ó Muircheartaigh,
    Tom Ó SúllleabháinDaingean Uí Chuis half forward line

Cathal Ó Bambaire andConchúir Ó Géibheannaigh  Daingean u both in the full forward line
    Seán Ó Bambaire An Ghaeltacht sub

Coláiste Chríost Ri 8 survivors off last year game
    Matthew O’Mahoney Nemo
    sub keeper
    Colm ScullySt. Finbarrs corner back
    Corey BuckleySt. Finbarrs half back
    Alan O’Callaghan and ian O’CallaghanSt. Finbarrs were midfield

Brian keirns barrs and Chidozie OgbeneNemo Rangers were in the full forward line with john GoodTracton half forward,sub cork minor hurlers v limerick this year

A few dingle lads won all ireland with kerry minors so they will be very hard to beat in what should be a close game .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Fitzmaurice taking a break but Tommy Griffin taking over as Denis said above, he was with them last few years anyway and has huge inter-county experience aswell. Hardly a huge step down.
    Chriost Ri beat this Dingle side in the Frewen Cup so would fancy their chances I think. Dingle still have the likes of Marc O'Connor (midfield for Kerry minors) but most of the stars from last season are gone.
    St. Brendans are very strong at this age group as they have Micheál Burns and a few others, but Rochestown will probably be favourites with Seán Powter, Evan Ryle, Shane Kingston amongst others on board. They had a comprehensive win over Spraoid Naomh in the Simcox last week.

Speaking of CSN, terrible to hear about their young pupil that died in Wilton at the weekend. Was a fine young football apparently, terrible to hear. Ar dheis dé go raibh a anam.

Smith with respect ,dont talk nonense stuff that would make the grass grow in texas so to speak.

As a charville fan you should know too well how Great pa callaghan is and can be now most charville men acknowkedge that,of course like most clubs in local rivaräy theres a contempt to acknowäedge a smaller parish have a player of a quality,despite ye having some top top young players imo have no one at this time to even come close to Pa,nor have Newtown,dromina,mallow,even kilmallock maybee ghrame mul but he cant win high ball etc,simply as callaghan,dont insult the lad by saying he is just a good player,is a great i mean great young player,as a rare commodity in cork forwards bar cadogan,callaghan is,fast,elusive,lords the air very strong and powerful.

I can understand you dont want to take away from yere big day,fair enough but dont take away from the greatest young forward talent with Cahalane last year in cork that would have played senior and u 21 if he wanted it.

Remember as well,he was on poorly coached minor teams,didnt play u 21,not in colledge as far as im aware,one and only time so far people can view him in a munster game that he,actually first tine,EVER playing on a,well coached team that are not ACTUALLY beaten before they start.

Dont be fooled,lixnaw as kerry teams in the past proved in this grade will be tough,lixnaw have a tough breed of characther,and have,some fine hurlers ,will push ballyhea,so the fact its munster knockout game,neuteals will go to see that game than even hough there both very good teams,charville v fermoy,and both well coached,in the bigger scheme of things Callaghan after two weeks ago is the main attraction.

Good hurlers imo are brian lawton,michael cussen,cathal naughton,Kevin Canty,Fintan O Leary,bud hartnett ,cian maccarthy,Garvan Maccarthy,Niall Moran etc.
    To define pa callaghan as good imo put him in that group,and he is much much better than each of them nine out together imo so young and if he decides to play for cork will be great ,truly great if he has a good coach only then, as he is the perfect combination.of guile,craft,hurling intelligence,power,,pace,great hands,Elacstic spring jump,mobility, elusive ,inner resolve,awesome hurling touch score anywhere within sixty yards,is not just good,he is a great,i mean great truly great young talent now.
    On poorly coached minor teams he never got a chance to showcase hes talents,Cork hurling failed him,not he failed cork,but on beaten teams he always stood out.
    A lot of dromina,meelin,mallow who have connections to some ballyhea lads,kilmalliock etc will go to watch callaghan,kanturk also,as also mallow closer than cork ,and charville v fermoy is a big game but out 35 etc players on show no one can light up a game can pa callaghan can.One point alone in the county final,few could even think bout it,let alone pull it off now.

Smith youre the same fella that said peter finn is just good coach,as trying to say hes not main reason yere much better now.
    Claude gough may be popular man in yere town ex player,great servant yes,take pladuits, and im sorry to bust your bubble but lets get real, Peter Finn as hes record proved great,great club coach,in one year hes the Main reason yere young talents got better this year imo.Like any good coach rarely in the spotlight,working hard to get things right.

You tried telling me another local club had a game postponed,always more or less in trouble,complety untrue,takes two to tango.
    The club you were on bout it ,is a great club,has been great cork hurling,i admire and like charville but some like you need to actually wake up ,realise other clubs surronding charville,dromina,newtown,ballyhea,meelin,even limericks effin,kilmallock,put ye to shame with on field successs,so get off the high horse and we are above the rest lark just yeu21t just cause yere in a final and breed contempt for others who had,success long before ye now ,and be slow like in callaghans case to acknowledge a special,talent just causes hes from a club down the road from charville.Many would across province go to watch pa play,as there real hurling people,have beeb deprived seeing pa for cork this year.

I will be the first to congratulate charville,dont mind who wins,like,fermoy,both have bright futures,but this club bias out of some i dislike.
    In fairness,though i some charville
    lads who will like to see ballyhea do well.
    Im still waiting for the link on the schools game incident,i heard nothing bout it,while i dont do doubt something may have happened,i have a feeling until i see different with respect you follow the norm,you added two plus two and got a hundred.
    Fiction or fact ??
    Give me some fact please by link if your good enough to tell bout it in the ist place please,or dont waste my time with half hearted news please then.

As for castlematyr,been beaten by ballinshaig,could happen,but castle have no excuses that happens,talking up ballinshig imo will be done to say if they win,they deserve huge credit upsetting odds,if they loose,like hide behind excuse we never were expected to win.I wont swallow that anchor.

Simple fact it is ballinshaig junior team,not intermediate side,so not great,wont reperesent cork in munster or get promoted as already up,so hunger wont be as much as castle to win who badly need this county title as they need a county,justify all east cork titles,so with lawtons both Cork expierence,tuama variois cork teams they should be,winning it
    No excuse if they dont.
    You cant be sure,with them' but i think they will stumble to a win,if they loose imo its a,dissaster for them,they will imo never have a better chance to win a,county title.
    They should be winning this in truth .

Sink or,swim time,like sarsfields in kilmallock in a few,weeks.Both have no excuse,as both are playing winnable games,and been around a,while now .

TTM... You have my club wrong no.1. I am a member of no county Cork club and played most of my Hurling outside the county due to work location. I know lads involved in all clubs and if I suggested the u21 fiasco was all onesided well as u say it takes 2 to tango. Club Bias? What u on about? I said Pa Callaghan is a good player but has nothing done yet to warrant ur tag.
    I know the scene around Cork fairly well and to get on ur high horse when Anyone disagrees slightly with u is a bit childish. Iv seen plenty of Ballyhea, Charleville, Newtown, Dromina, Kanturk , Kilmallock etc this yr and don't think there is any special talent coming up in any of those clubs. To Compare Pa to Graeme Mulchay at this stage is a bit Silly. If Sars are worth their salt they will beat a very average Kilmallock team. They will never get a better chance of getting to a munster final.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Producer Ben

Ballinhassig can get promoted, premier intermediate is a different grade to intermediate a. Don't see why they can't go up if they win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Of course Hassig can go up.

• Advertisement

To compare him to be as great as ghrame mulchay is not silly.I call it a shrewd comparsion

Ghraeme is a superb hurler,huge fan of him,fast,electric,elusive goal getter,has real bite in hes hurling and pa is every bit as good imo at just 19 can be better simply ,over one main point,he can win ball in the,air consistently,Mulchay,cant,very few can be fast wristy,powerful in the air ubkess,your kilkenny of course,all in the one but Pa is one of those rare exceptions.

Mulchay hurled with ucc,and limerick u 21 won a munster been winnig and competing senior limericl county finals ,he got more exposure to Top level hurling big days.

Pa had no college hurling,no senior club hurling yet,declined senior and u 21 for cork,if he like mulchay played at those levels,he would become great .
    Whether he plays for cork remains to be seen.If he does hes game will go up another level.

As for ballinshsig simple fact imo there already team premier intermediate,so junior final imo not the be and end all,this is their second team for them but castlematyr it is poor reflection they dont win it now ,fact take newcestown to a replay,again newcestown second team who also lost players to football,was poor reflection on them.

This is castlematyr ,meant to be the pride of east cork junior hurling, their ist team,three intercounty players this year on it,should be winning it lets call a spade a spade.
    No one gave ballinshsig chance at start many fancied castlematyr,its plain and simple .
    Castlematr imo have way more to loose in defeat than ballinshig who imo,ballinshsig are a great,i mean great now club and for even just getting to this final have already won with their second team

They have good players,darren dinneen played intermediate for cork i think,mick aherne if fit,fine player ,colin and chris reynolds and won south east junior league but by and large it is their second team.

Before the year started if you told me that Castlemartyr would be in the county final, I would have been delighted for them and would have hoped they'd win. But after seeing them today it left a very bad taste in my mouth. Castlemartyr players were timewasting from the throw in, taking ages to take frees and puckouts. Worse was the referee left them at it for the whole game. He only played 3.5 mins injury time at the end of the game when there should have been at least 6. Also a couple of Castlemartyr players went down "injured" as if they were shot. Throwing themselves to the ground when there wasn't a Cloughduv player near them. Again the referee left them at it.
    I also thought that Cloughduv found frees very hard to come by while they came a lot easier for Castlemartyr. Referee was very poor overall.

If what you say is true,poor reflection on castlematyr,seems no real belief in their hurling,and have to win by timewasting against a limited cloughduv,only one,scoring forward in Colm Ryan second time around hardly a sign of a great team ,to be brutally honest.
    They have nice hurlers to win junior games handy,can play nice brand of hurling,but then closing out games,must be hard to watch for their fans at times as they make life diffcult for themselves when their is no need to and not always do they answer the hard questions when asked.To convince me,they would,want to win by seven or 8 points,i doubt they will win by that much though.

I agree smith ,kilmallock are not great imo,paddy loughlin should start corner back,still in harty cup,still a minor yes but so too was na piarsaighs mike casey,ronan lynch who both still with ard scoil ris played and played very well for Ns Parsaigh in last years senior club all ireland semi final.
    Loughin is a superb prospect for limerick senior hurling in the future.
    Sars in a tight ptich ,with a lot of expierenced campaigners,should be,suited by kilmallock,it should be a slow paced tempo game,physicality suit them,ryan,quigley,cian mac etc.In fact i expect cian to have a great game,it suits him this game but we cant get carried away and expect him to do it for Cork in Summer Hurling.

Sars v eirns own in tonights seniors hurling league,sars,should win but may take,foot of gas tonight with kilmallock looming so eirns own have a chance.

In the other semi saturday i hope rockies get revenge on ballymartle for over poor side line calls by browne lost a game they should if won,and unlike that game start niall cashman outstanding in u 21 final.

Its better for cork ,rockies win league outright,as with u 16,minor,u 21 county titles got to push on now and win at senior.
    Winning the league be a huge confidence boost after u 21 for a young team for next year,if they dont win the league id get browne out and do all i can to get fergal ryan in as manager,too much talent to just waste away on management if their not up to it.
    They have the talent to beat ballymartle a well coached team by crowley,good coach,and indeed sars if
    They combine their talent with these three qualites

1 they match their opponents workrate,intensity

2 Get the match ups right
    3 play with a real belief,as a team not indivudals

All these three characstics in any team in any sport anywhere in the world can only be got from having a good manager.You dont have a hope of having those,qualites without having a good manager.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement