Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where do you store your Christmas decorations?

• 20-10-2014 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭

We keep ours in the attic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Delighted for you

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

branie2 wrote: »
    We keep ours in the attic

Spare bedroom wardrobe spaces for me! In it, under it on top of it haha

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Attic!
    It was the spare bedroom back when I didn't have a house with usable attic space. Now everything is kept up there, it just gives me more scope to buy lots of new things every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭MysticMah

attic is the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

In my parents' attic! I'd never be able to keep all my stuff in my little apartment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

In the hot press! Our tree is only small (4ft) and it folds up really small in its box, and we squeeze all the rest into one other box. We're in an apartment too so not much storage space.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭touts

Just leave them up next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

Wheelie bin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

I have 6 very large containers in the shed, some boxes in the attic, some under the bed & one under the bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Dumbarton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

The mam's attic,no room at the inn here

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Attic. A couple of years ago I wound the lights around an empty wrapping paper roll with the intention of putting them in the attic and they spent the whole year in the computer room. It was a new level of laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I see your set of lights in the computer room, and raise you the entire Christmas Tree (in the box) sitting in the hall from January til it had to be opened up the following December :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

In the garage. Dont come out til christmas eve.
    Keep the decs in an old wheelie bin. Discourages mice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

In my Mams attic, but will be coming to live with us soon, we moved recently and now have an attic,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Up in the attic and in the hot press!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

I dump mine every year, like clothes they go out of fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭touts

In the garage. Dont come out til christmas eve.
    Keep the decs in an old wheelie bin. Discourages mice :)

You don't put up your decorations until Christmas Eve! Are you sure you're in the right forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

touts wrote: »
    You don't put up your decorations until Christmas Eve! Are you sure you're in the right forum :)

Tis the traditional way, decorations up on Christmas eve, down on twelfth night. Any decorations left up after twelfth night have to remain in place until next year.

We had a Santa on the cooker hood for about ten years as a result of this tradition...... It was part of the furniture & we keep forgetting it.

Keep the decorations in the attic, except the lights, which are kept in the hot press.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 danceash

we keep them up in the attic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Ours are stored in our store/utility room :) So handy for being able to take them out without having to root in various rooms/places etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Speedsie wrote: »
    Tis the traditional way, decorations up on Christmas eve, down on twelfth night. Any decorations left up after twelfth night have to remain in place until next year.

We had a Santa on the cooker hood for about ten years as a result of this tradition...... It was part of the furniture & we keep forgetting it.

Keep the decorations in the attic, except the lights, which are kept in the hot press.

Speedsie I heard keeping the lights out of the attic is better for them is that reason you don't store them up there, I need all new lights this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

One time we took our decs out of the attic and the lights wouldn't work so we had to buy new ones.

That's why we now store everything in one big box in the utility room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

SarahLil wrote: »
    Speedsie I heard keeping the lights out of the attic is better for them is that reason you don't store them up there, I need all new lights this year

That's what I heard also, hence they are kept in the hotpress.
    I live in an old house, and the attic can tend towards dampness, so anything that needs to remain dry is kept in the hotpress where it's dry. Keep crackers there too.

Advertisement