Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread for Maggots!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Album #5 is coming
    The album is done. Oh yes. I’d say 98 percent done. I’m in the process of heading to the studio to give a listen, see if there’s anything we need to touch up. But yeah, it is very close. The next step is the mix, and we’re going to try to get it out very soon. There will be big announcements soon. Big things to hear, soon. That’s really all I can say about it. I know we’re anything, if not diligent to our plan. The plan is to just slowly but surely get people to lose their minds for the next couple of months with just little stuff here and there leaked.
    This one, it just feels, there’s something weird about this one. Obviously this is the first album we’re making without Paul [Gray]. After everything we went through, there’s a catharsis that comes with this, being able to throw all the emotion and aggression out that we’ve been holding onto. At the same time, getting to be creative again. Feeling that juice coming back into us. It’s been a real positive experience just from an artistic standpoint, a lyrical standpoint. We’re making an album that’s not just a reflection. Let’s just get new music out there. There’s something very vital with what we’re trying to do. There’s something very visceral with the emotion we’re playing with and trying to tell the story of a band that’s gone through hell, and yet we’re back. It’s been really fulfilling.

http://www.metalinjection.net/upcoming-releases/slipknots-new-album-98-done-according-to-corey-taylor

Slipknot's .5: The Gray Chapter, due to be released October 28th

5_The_Gray_Chapter_Artwork.jpg

.5: The Gray Chapter Tracklisting

1. XIX
    2. Sarcastrophe
    3. AOV
    4. The Devil in I
    5. Killpop
    6. Skeptic
    7. Lech
    8. Goodbye
    9. Nomadic
    10. The One That Kills the Least
    11. Custer
    12. Be Prepared for Hell
    13. The Negative One
    14. If Rain Is What You Want

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Slipknot's .5: The Gray Chapter, due to be released October 28th

5_The_Gray_Chapter_Artwork.jpg

.5: The Gray Chapter Tracklisting

1. XIX
    2. Sarcastrophe
    3. AOV
    4. The Devil in I
    5. Killpop
    6. Skeptic
    7. Lech
    8. Goodbye
    9. Nomadic
    10. The One That Kills the Least
    11. Custer
    12. Be Prepared for Hell
    13. The Negative One
    14. If Rain Is What You Want
    Not long now.

Not thinking too much of the Negative One. Maybe it'll grow on me.

But The Devil In I, is a belter!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

HAve been announced for Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park and Nova Rocks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Apparently playing Ireland next year! UK tour supposedly coming early next year, so will be around then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mushy wrote: »
    Apparently playing Ireland next year! UK tour supposedly coming early next year, so will be around then.

Can't see them filling The Point, but i guess with the stage set up they will play there, with the top tier curtained off

scudzilla wrote: »
    Can't see them filling The Point, but i guess with the stage set up they will play there, with the top tier curtained off

Enough kids will want Christmas presents, I'd see nearly same as QotSA. Not that I'd be going anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

scudzilla wrote: »

Can see them getting a similar turn out as Avenged Sevenfold or more . Hopefully they bring a decent support act with them

http://www.metalireland.com/2014/10/13/mi-exclusive-slipknot-and-korn-set-to-play-ireland-in-january-2015/

SLIPKNOT RETURN TO THE IRELAND IN 2015!
    With Special Guests KORN
    3ARENA // 14th JANUARY
    Tickets from €59.50 // On Sale This Friday 17 October, 9am.

New Album ‘.5: The Gray Chapter’ out this Friday 17 October in Ireland on CD, Deluxe CD, CD + T-Shirt Box (HMV Exclusive), Vinyl, iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

:D:D:D

Makes Monday less miserable :D:D

• Advertisement

Tempted to go & cross 1 more band off my 'TO SEE LIVE' list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Dunno if I'd see them drawing suitable numbers here either but you never know I suppose. It's not like they were gonna put them in the Academy....that would be some laugh though :D:D:D

New track released to coincide with tour announcement...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Oh yeah :D. I saw the UK dates and Manchester is on my birthday so was thinking of heading to that but Dublin will do nicely :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Who's playing drums these days for them? I like that cluster track, would love to see korn live :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Korn and Slipknot together, this will be an unreal concert.

Can't wait!!

Mushy wrote: »
    http://www.metalireland.com/2014/10/13/mi-exclusive-slipknot-and-korn-set-to-play-ireland-in-january-2015/

SLIPKNOT RETURN TO THE IRELAND IN 2015!
    With Special Guests KORN
    3ARENA // 14th JANUARY
    Tickets from €59.50 // On Sale This Friday 17 October, 9am.

New Album ‘.5: The Gray Chapter’ out this Friday 17 October in Ireland on CD, Deluxe CD, CD + T-Shirt Box (HMV Exclusive), Vinyl, iTunes.

Savage news.
    I'd say slipknot would easily fill the point, with korn supporting, it'd be a dead cert

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Who's playing drums these days for them? I like that cluster track, would love to see korn live biggrin.png
    Still kept under wraps most heavily rumored is Jay Weinberg(Madball/Against Me!) and is Bruce Springsteen's drummer Max's son.
    Savage news.
    I'd say slipknot would easily fill the point, with korn supporting, it'd be a dead cert

Will be interesting to see if they do, Didn't go but Korn played the Olympia 2 years ago and as far as I know was tickets still tickets available close to it although they did a gig in Belfast that time too and I think were selling tickets for over 50 quid just for Korn basically as there was limited support on the tour.

Saw both bands a couple of times like others mentioned in the thread Slipknot haven't let me down any of the times I've seen them either, gonna be odd without Joey though.

Korn for a band I'm not too fussed about really were more than watchable and enjoyed them the times I caught them. Both bands I've actually never seen in an indoor setting that may change come Jan.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still kept under wraps most heavily rumored is Jay Weinberg(Madball/Against Me!) and is Bruce Springsteen's drummer Max's son.

I love madball :D

We might never know who the new drummer is according to Jim Root, http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slipknots-jim-root-i-think-were-always-going-to-deny-who-new-drummer-is/
    SLIPKNOT guitarist Jim Root says that the band will probably never officially confirm their new drummer's identity because there is no guarantee that the band's latest addition will ever become a full-fledged member of the Iowa-based outfit. "We're not saying who the new drummer is," Root told Guitar World magazine. "Even if people find out beyond a shadow of a doubt who the new drummer is, I think we're always going to deny who it is. He might not last. He might tour with us a year and figure out we're all insane and he can't handle being around us. Or we might shut him out. Who knows?"

Ohhhh very interesting!

• Advertisement

Ohhhh very interesting!

Indeed, keeps the fans guessing, though every Slipknot fan may have already figured it out, and Custer is a sick track, the '' Cut cut cut me up, **** **** **** me up'' part will definitely be a crowd sing along. And whoever the new drummer is, fair play to him, couldn't have been easy sitting behind the kit post Joey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Will be interesting to see if they do, Didn't go but Korn played the Olympia 2 years ago and as far as I know was tickets still tickets available close to it although they did a gig in Belfast that time too and I think were selling tickets for over 50 quid just for Korn basically as there was limited support on the tour.

Saw both bands a couple of times like others mentioned in the thread Slipknot haven't let me down any of the times I've seen them either, gonna be odd without Joey though.

Korn for a band I'm not too fussed about really were more than watchable and enjoyed them the times I caught them. Both bands I've actually never seen in an indoor setting that may change come Jan.

Was that two years ago now?? :eek::eek: I was hmming and hawwwing that fifty euro until the night before the gig and the only part left was the Upper Upper Circle of craned necks in the Olympia.

They were excellent in fairness, just an awkward position and was kinda dead there for a gig.

Slipknot indoors shall be an experience alright. A sweaty one :o:P

Loose translation: We want to keep the lions share of the profits amongst the remaining members!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm thinking of coming up to Dublin (from Cork) on my lonesome for this if anyone is around and up for pre-gig / post-gig pints? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Anyone got a pre-sale code for this, I signed up but don't know how to get the code? I'm so excited to see slipknot and korn live I just can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Slimseamie

Anyone got a pre-sale code for this, I signed up but don't know how to get the code? I'm so excited to see slipknot and korn live I just can't wait

Should be in your email, anyway the code is OT9EUROPE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

€59.50 is very steep, I'll be giving it a skip anyway.

€59.50 is very steep, I'll be giving it a skip anyway.

Like everything else in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I tried to get a ticket there now via the fanclub presale and as soon as I click purchase I get an error :(. Guess I'm waiting to Friday then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I tried to get a ticket there now via the fanclub presale and as soon as I click purchase I get an error :(. Guess I'm waiting to Friday then...

txt slip to 52010 , you should get a code back for the three.ie presale

Advertisement