Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toy Show Tickets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Ssssssh !

Dont tell people. Less chance of getting tickets !

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Thanks OP, have applied, fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Apply every year with no luck, hopefully this year will be more successful

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭AG123

I applied too!! Oh I would love to be picked!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I came on to post the same link!

Just applied myself this morning. Best to luck to everyone who applied! If I don't get tickets I really hope someone on here gets some :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Interesting how news travels fast :) I posted a status up on fb last night to tip my friends off about it as I had remembered the application date was October & was just coming on here to post it here too. Anywhoo my application has just gone in anyways, so fingers crossed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

Thank you for sharing... my first year ever applying!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Thanks OP, have applied. Fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

They really want you to whore yourself out, I mean - show your talents. They're not looking for people to sit passively and lap up all the gifts and goodies. I've been through this before and almost had tickets but wasn't willing to do a party piece on national TV...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Tabnabs wrote: »
    They really want you to whore yourself out, I mean - show your talents. They're not looking for people to sit passively and lap up all the gifts and goodies. I've been through this before and almost had tickets but wasn't willing to do a party piece on national TV...

What do you mean almost had tickets?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Larianne wrote: »
    What do you mean almost had tickets?!

They offered him tickets to dance monkey boy dance... but he refused :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

When do you find out if you got tickets?

kitten_k wrote: »
    When do you find out if you got tickets?

Last Year the applications date closed around the 8th of November and all the successful applicants found out by the 13th of November. So a bit of a wait yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

dem tickets be MINE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Application in! Not a snowballs chance of getting them so I had a bit of fun with the form. :) O/h might not be amused with being referred to as a reformed Ebeneezer though..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Yeah I applied but put down 'no' for the party piece bit...so no chance of tickets then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Applied but put my wifes name down for the crack,imagine she got a phone call to say she won tickets ha

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

There was a piece on the lunchtime news about the ticket application open and how last year there was something like 40,000 applications for 200 ticket lottery.
    Not sure how much of a lottery it is if they ask you all those questions.

I firmly expect next year they'll make the 40,000 audition ala Xfactor for the tickets haha :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Aww it's a shame they base it on party piece, I said I hadn't a clue what I'd do. Did say I would participate in audience games though? I'll have to develop a talent for next year. Still, fingers crossed.

Tabnabs, did they really offer them contingent on saying you'd do a party piece?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭touts

When was the last time someone from the audience actually performed a party piece on the show? There might be some messing with the toys etc but singing or dancing or performing a magic trick? With 40,000 applications for 200 places (basically 100 pairs of tickets) on a taxpayer funded station giving away several hundred euro worth of stuff it really should be a raffle or at least make it very clear it is some sort of a creative writing fiction contest about how you would recite "''twas the night before christmas" to the tune of Jingle bells while dancing The Nutcracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 iglipigle

It is said on the application form that:

Section 2: Who are the tickets for?
    PLEASE FILL IN THE DETAILS BELOW Please note: persons under the age of 18 will not be admitted

is toy show mainly for the Children?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

The only children who attend are the performers. The Late Late audience has NEVER admitted anyone under the age of 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Hi all anyone know when we find out if we won tickets to the toy show thanks

Loughc wrote: »
    Last Year the applications date closed around the 8th of November and all the successful applicants found out by the 13th of November. So a bit of a wait yet!

Last year it was the 13th of November. Could be the same again this year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

How many tickets do they issue you with if you win? Not interested in going on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭touts

KonFusion wrote: »
    How many tickets do they issue you with if you win? Not interested in going on my own.

Two tickets to everyone drawn. That means just over 100 people will get picked out of the tens of thousands who apply so I wouldn't be stressing about going until you get a phone all or email from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

I applied, doesn't hurt to apply. Don't imagine I'll be getting any calls!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

As they say... "if you're not in, you can't win!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Anyone know what date the show is on TV? Can't seem to find out anywhere.

Advertisement