Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gomorra the Series (Sky Atlantic)

Options
  • 22-08-2014 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Anyone watching this on sky?.The first 3 episodes were pretty good so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭johnire

Yes...it's really good isn't it?i love all those subtitled programmes that are on now.
    Anyone watching this on sky?.The first 3 episodes were pretty good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭franco25

going to give this a look, if it is anywhere as near as good as romanzo criminale, then thumbs up already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Am I mistaken in thinking no one is discussing this on boards?

This show is unmissable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭johnire

You are indeed correct on both counts.
    Funny...I got through about half if the first episode and was going to abandon it but by the end if that same episode I was hooked!
    It's got better and better with each episode. I wonder if there's a second series?

This show is unmissable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Love it, why there is not more interest in it baffles me. One of my favourites on the TV in a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭ironingbored

It is a scarily accurate portrait of the nefarious grip the Camorra has on Naples and its environs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

It's a great show. I thought Ciro was going to be the man, but now Genny is back and gone badass I'm not so sure. It's a hard show to predict what's going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

longshanks wrote: »
    It's a great show. I thought Ciro was going to be the man, but now Genny is back and gone badass I'm not so sure. It's a hard show to predict what's going to happen.
    I can see Genny making a major **** up along the line and running back to Ciro for help,I can't see Ciro just rolling over maybe switching sides.

Very good show although some parts from the second half of the series are not so believable.
    Genny's transformation was not very believable to me. He went from a fat gormless muppet to macho lady-killer dictator after just one sth american holiday - albeit one where he did have to chop up a chap with a machete.

I'm near the end of series 1 now.

Yer wan Imma is such a mafia milf - would love to see her and Ciro get it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Some cold blooded goings on in that episode.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

best gangster drama on TV, makes love hate look like play school

was posting in another thread but that one seems dead. well worth watching and yeah shows up love-hate for the over-rated blah that it is. though that the Genny transformation was a bit too much - he goes out to sth America like yer man from saved by the bell and comes back as Max Payne and we don't see anything except hearing that he had to chop up a lad with a machete. His ma imma is the uber mafia milf :) I'm on episode 8. Ciro very marginalised at the mo.

Ciro is a snake. Conte is ruthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This show is unmissable.

It was being discussed (sort of) - you couldn't find it because there is no "h" in the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Its getting better with each episode.You can see that Ciro is getting pissed off with the way he is been treated.Only a matter of time till he kicks ass.:D

just finished it. I can't see it continuing that well into a second series, given what they have done with all the characters. could be a burn out in one series type of thing. the body count must have been over 100 in 12 episodes - a bit too much in the end - no effect at seeing another dude (or milf) popped. bit random on the ending
    releasing don pietro, even though genny is hinted at still being alive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Excellent show, really enjoying it. There was also a movie/book (spelled with the H) a couple of years back, also very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭cozar

it is just so good very unpredictable. anyone know how many series in it. know there was a film from the same book a few years ago. best thing on TV at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The Author of the book has protection now from the Camorra, they didn't like him telling it like it is.
    Very realistic and the way the characters develop, you think you like Ciro then you realise what he is capable of...

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

glasso wrote: »
    the Genny transformation was a bit too much - he goes out to sth America like yer man from saved by the bell and comes back as Max Payne and we don't see anything except hearing that he had to chop up a lad with a machete.

Cracking series but this is the one thing for me that didn't really compute either, Genny coming back from SA as the whip-cracking hardass after being such a wuss earlier was baffling. Also, from being like Ciro's puppy he's suddenly dissing the guy bigtime. Just watched episodes 9 and 10 today, brilliantly suspenseful drama about Danielino (and his gf), the poor ****.

• Advertisement

What an episode! Never say that coming. Asked bfore but anyone know how many series\seasons in it..... Hopefully a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭nu_90

Just finished second last episode there, gotta say its the first show in a while that a can't get enough of, great twists all the way , that ciro is one sneaky fella.

Next week's looks like a serious amount of shooting going on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Ugh, heard nothing but good things about this one so I'll have to watch it! I've so much shows to catch up with and it's even worse when some of them aren't even finished yet. I think a big reason this is considered so unknown is a lot of people just don't like watching anything that's subtitled and that's pretty sad to be honest, especially if they're people who talk about how how much they love movies and shows. Some of the greatest movies ever are foreign films (Intouchables, Old Boy, The Raid 1 & 2 to name a few) and they miss out on them because they can't be bothered reading a few sentences on screen at times.

Pity I didn't record this all on sky Atlantic because by the time I can watch it the episodes will have expired from on demand and the quality of those is usually better than the one's I'd take the time to download myself.

ftakeith wrote: »
    best gangster drama on TV, makes love hate look like play school

Not exactly a hard thing to do though lol.

Boardwalk Empire is another underrated show. Some scenes in it could easily be passed as something from a Tarrantino movie. Scorsese as executive producer, can't go wrong.

Final episode next week:-( only filmed this year so dont know about future seasons:-(:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Been watching this on sky atlantic and I have to say it's brilliant stuff. Looking forward to the finale next week. Surely have to be a second season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Ugh, heard nothing but good things about this one so I'll have to watch it! I've so much shows to catch up with and it's even worse when some of them aren't even finished yet. I think a big reason this is considered so unknown is a lot of people just don't like watching anything that's subtitled and that's pretty sad to be honest, especially if they're people who talk about how how much they love movies and shows. Some of the greatest movies ever are foreign films (Intouchables, Old Boy, The Raid 1 & 2 to name a few) and they miss out on them because they can't be bothered reading a few sentences on screen at times.

If you like that sort of stuff, check out "Mesrine" French movie in two parts (based on true story)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 orchard02

Mesrine is good but you should check out Braquo, French cop show , superb!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

Good show
    I'd have liked to see the father remain in charge of the business longer
    The son is less interesting and a complete clown

Best finale ever! could be 2nd series after that wide open. couldnt believe twist at end..... :-):-)

• Advertisement

Best finale ever! could be 2nd series after that wide open. couldnt believe twist at end..... :-):-)

Advertisement