Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Match Thread*** Tuesday 23rd Vs Collies Team 9pm Knocklyon

• 16-09-2014 12:00pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Existing Players
    Cathal -in
    Ciaran -
    Conor -
    Damo - in
    Darren -
    Derek -
    Derek McL - In
    Ed -
    Jules - In
    Keith - In
    SteK - IN
    SteMcd - In
    Julius -
    Dave -
    Pudsy -
    Heggo - injured

**new players**

kmac - In
    whiskeyman
    yes there - In
    bluestrattos - in
    liverpool23years
    helloghan
    not1but4
    Darrenon91 - Out
    Bostitch12 - In
    kmcattack
    allybhoy - In

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Be upto watch won't be playing though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

In

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

In.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

In. Looking forward to getting some momentum built up ahead of the new campaign and great to see such interest from new players, have no doubt we'll have a few quality additions to improve the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 paradigm

mrDerek wrote: »
    Be upto watch won't be playing though

Why won't you be playing.
    Who is the game against ???

paradigm wrote: »
    Why won't you be playing.
    Who is the game against ???

Trying to fix me leg once and for all was going good till the end of the season think playing for two teams took it's toll. besides if it's a game to take a look at new players me sitting this one out gives another spot for someone to get a look in

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Collies grass team

Aaaaannnnnnd i'm gone.

Rolled my ankle in training last night, early retirement beckons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Aaaaannnnnnd i'm gone.

What's with your ankle? I still wear an ankle guard after tearing all my ankle ligaments last year. It's a bit restrictive on movement but it stops you rolling it and lets you play while it gets stronger. I'd recommend it if you have recurrent ankle problems and want to keep playing. Something like this:
    http://www.physioneeds.biz/ProductDetail.aspx/Atlas_Lace_Up_Ankle_Brace/.ATL30

• Advertisement

Mousewar wrote: »
    What's with your ankle? I still wear an ankle guard after tearing all my ankle ligaments last year. It's a bit restrictive on movement but it stops you rolling it and lets you play while it gets stronger. I'd recommend it if you have recurrent ankle problems and want to keep playing. Something like this:
    http://www.physioneeds.biz/ProductDetail.aspx/Atlas_Lace_Up_Ankle_Brace/.ATL30

Cheers I'll look into that. I've no idea...never had issues before this Summer.Went to physio after the Accenture game and she couldn't figure it out.

I've been back training on grass for the past few weeks and it's been relatively ok, lost the ball last night and chased too hard to get it back and it was agony.

Heading for an MRI over the weekend to hopefully get some answers.

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Aaaaannnnnnd i'm gone.

tumblr_n3dfwlPSL11rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Who's easy rod.
    Played collies team last week with Ed.

keaner's in for the match too btw. says noone texted him.

Who's easy rod.

Heggo.

Or the 'new darren' as I like to call him...

actually iv changed my mind i will play on tuesday

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Just a reminder lads the game is €7, dont forget it.. im not a bank!

Looking forward to getting things rolling again. We've a bit of making up to do after the end of last season.
    Looks like we have a few new recruits up tonight and I think our backline is going to be pretty unfamiliar so let's forget about the scoreline tonight and just focus on blowing off the cobwebs and getting used to knocking the ball around together again. I think the most important part about tonight will be trying to make sure we get off on the right foot for the season mentally, that we're playing as a team again and have put aside some of the things that bogged us down a bit at the end of last season. See yas there.

Oh and don't forget kickoff is 9. I think one of the texts said 8 so don't go off that - it's 9pm (but obviously try to get there earlier so we can meet up and get organised.

Yeah we'll have 6 new players tonight, result isn't important more just trying to get into a good flow

• Advertisement

So how many we gt down tonight?

Mousewar wrote: »
    Looks like we have a few new recruits up tonight and I think our backline is going to be pretty unfamiliar so let's forget about the scoreline tonight and just focus on blowing off the cobwebs and getting used to knocking the ball around together again. .

this.

looks like we'll have to spend the first few games of the season getting familiar with new players/ replacing missing players but it looks like we'll have a couple of good new players in the side; the left back in particular was looking good tonight.

was also glad to see players like damo and derek pick up where they left off last season with good solid performances. was a positive game for us despite the loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh well said Ste. Great to see so many new players and so many of them very comfortable on the ball. Takes time to settle in with new players and get things organised defensively, but for it to click so well going forward on many occassions first game playing together means there's plenty of positives for the season ahead.

We just need to get Ossie Ardiles to manage us with Kevin Keegan as his assistant so we can all play up front and win every game 6-3. Be grand. Jules

We got Dessie Ardiles. Much better.

lol had to google ossie ardiles

cant have me at manager, i only sent 10 players onto the pitch for the second half :eek::pac:

Good attacking football, result is not a focus tbh.

Good to be back and I came through without 10 new injuries so that's a plus

Hoping we hit the ground running but with that many new players and I assume a good load were missing might be all over the place the first few weeks

mrDerek wrote: »
    Good to be back and I came through without 10 new injuries so that's a plus

Hoping we hit the ground running but with that many new players and I assume a good load were missing might be all over the place the first few weeks

Derek: Says he won't risk playing the friendly so he can avoid injuries.
    Ends up playing two matches in a row. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement