Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 5 - I'm in!

1151617181921»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 twilightbella

Trust me everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 31 recruit2010

hey guys havnt been on in ages.
    loving the hotel and you all will to and as bella as said "reds rule!!"...lol...
    well just a wee tip for when you start...
    LEARN THE DEFINITIONS!!
    were lucky in that our spock is fantastic but you really needa start on them early week 5 will come to quickly... we have already done 3wks and feels like 3days at times...
    good luck to you all and if you need anything just ask the older squads were all here to help or if you want to ask something just pm me...
    all the best folks and happy new year to you and your new career!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ItShouldBeMe

Hey guys just got THE PHONECALL!!!! contacted vetting yesterday to be told it was still ongoing.. had given up hope of getting in and then today i get the call! Hope plenty more of you get the call in the next few days and congrats to those who already have!:D:D

Just goes to show that even when you think its not going to happen there is still hope! Still shaking! Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Well done to all those who got in.

I feel so sad and jealous now. I can blame my crap AC score. For an 18 stone man I feel so deflated.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Relax 1986, it aint over yet!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 wonderboy86

does anyone know the dress code for the sunday which you start? is it formal shirt and tie or causal clothing?
    start date coming up soon and it unfortunately doesnt give any info in the pack provided!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭princess deity

does anyone know the dress code for the sunday which you start? is it formal shirt and tie or causal clothing?
    start date coming up soon and it unfortunately doesnt give any info in the pack provided!!

This question gets asked almost every time a new intake is going for induction day.

Suit for both men and women. Clean crisp white shirt is advisable, no fancy wacky colored shirts/ties either, draws attention to yourself at too early stage. Smart dress is essential as first impressions last. You wear a suit on your first day so it would be a good idea to invest in a suit so you can wear also to induction day. You are required to wear a suit on your court day trip also etc etc.

Remember you are going into a career where you no longer blend into the back ground, you need to present yourself in a professional manner. It is important to look after your appearence and your uniform from day one. Your tutors, the staff and members of the public all expect to see professional officers so give them professional.

Suits can be picked up at a reasonable price these days in the likes of Burtons, Next, Matalan, River Island.

You will feel disappointed on induction day and start day if you turn up in a pair of jeans or trackies (and yes new recruits have, i saw it with my own eyes) as 95% of you new colleagues will be in smart, neat, clean suits.

Hope this helps. Good luck on start day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 wonderboy86

This question gets asked almost every time a new intake is going for induction day.

Suit for both men and women. Clean crisp white shirt is advisable, no fancy wacky colored shirts/ties either, draws attention to yourself at too early stage. Smart dress is essential as first impressions last. You wear a suit on your first day so it would be a good idea to invest in a suit so you can wear also to induction day. You are required to wear a suit on your court day trip also etc etc.

Remember you are going into a career where you no longer blend into the back ground, you need to present yourself in a professional manner. It is important to look after your appearence and your uniform from day one. Your tutors, the staff and members of the public all expect to see professional officers so give them professional.

Suits can be picked up at a reasonable price these days in the likes of Burtons, Next, Matalan, River Island.

You will feel disappointed on induction day and start day if you turn up in a pair of jeans or trackies (and yes new recruits have, i saw it with my own eyes) as 95% of you new colleagues will be in smart, neat, clean suits.

Hope this helps. Good luck on start day.

thanks for the quick response. suit is what i was planning on wearing, just wanted to check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jclegs

Bring a 2-3 extra shirts with you on the first week, you'll need them for the first couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AlphaBravo6

Hey guys, anyone know what the approx. intake date for GV for this years campaign? The campaign that started in june? Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement