Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIBA World Cup

• 30-08-2014 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Well i'm following my national team of course and I must say I am pretty impressed with with their performance (Gilas Pilipinas). They've given Croatia a run for their money and hopefully they'll show up against Greece tomorrow.

I think their pick n roll defense needs some improvement as well since they've been giving jumpshot after jumpshot to the CRO team. Blatche is an addition to the national team, but is kind of a mixed bag; brilliant in the first play, horrible decision making in the next.

What are your thoughts on the other games?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Anyone know WTF is going on with the Eurosport scheduling of the World Cup? I'm just home from the college football game in Croke Park and thought I'd be watching hoops for the night but neither of the Eurosports on my UPC are showing it according to the guide. Will be seriously pee'd off if it's not on as they're supposed to be showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Is it on any channel this side of the pond?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mjavi

Look for the thread 'FIBA WorldCup to watch in Galway' in this subforum (n00b here can't post links / pics). hth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

On the ESPN America schedule but the ESPN here is showing a triathlon. :confused::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Anyone elses stream really choppy on the paid site for this? I have fibre power, and should have no lag, but it's terribly choppy. Awful site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

buyer95 wrote: »
    Anyone elses stream really choppy on the paid site for this? I have fibre power, and should have no lag, but it's terribly choppy. Awful site.

Not using a paid stream. Gofirstrow's free stream is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

buyer95 wrote: »

i found the stream for the US game was very choppy last night but the spain game was fine :S :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dariukas

Had issues on the 1st of September, nothing since! :)

Going back to Topic i'm impressed with Brazil performance!

France not doing as well as i was thinking they will do...

Anyone else underwhelmed at the US? I wouldn't be surprised if they got knocked out before the final. Spain have to be the new favourites

• Advertisement

Brow and Faried have been quite a revelation.. The only bigs that I can imagine that could match them are the Gasols.

They've been a revelation against bad teams though......I'd put it the other way that brow and faried might be the only bigs to match the gasols

Davis has looked very good. Hard to believe he's still so young.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

ec18 wrote: »
    Anyone else underwhelmed at the US? I wouldn't be surprised if they got knocked out before the final. Spain have to be the new favourites

Someone tipped Spain from the start;)
    http://www.punditarena.com/basketball/comahony/team-usas-final-roster-coach-ks-mistakes/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Davis has looked very good. Hard to believe he's still so young.

I can't wait for the inevitable "coming home" to Chicago shite before the Bulls fall short on getting him. :rolleyes:

I am hoping for a SRB vs ESP match in the semis, probably since I cannot get over their 2010 QF match.

Flying out in the morning until Monday. Have tickets for the semis but no final ticket yet, hoping to pick one up around the venue. Missus is going shopping for 5 days (lol).

Anyone have any thoughts on whether its the tournament style and the switching in and out of different line ups that are having an affect on Rose's game or that he's just lost something during the last 2 seasons. Physically he looks as explosive.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether its the tournament style and the switching in and out of different line ups that are having an affect on Rose's game or that he's just lost something during the last 2 seasons. Physically he looks as explosive.

FIBA basketball is a different game to the NBA. I've actually been quite impressed with what I've seen of Rose all things considered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Han534

Great

Han534 wrote: »
    Great

Nice contribution there Han.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Haven't watched any of the games yet, but in all-star games he was always happy to be more of a faciliator when he had better players around him. Apparently Coach K had a chat with him before the last game to be more assertive. Seems to have had an effect:

I'll probably watch the semi and final, hopefully that performance wasn't a one-off.

Ah well, Spain is out. That's a surprise! Now USA out and i'm extremely happy!!!

Tonights Semi has the potential to be good. At the last olympics the Lithuania took USA right to the wire.

Dariukas wrote: »
    Ah well, Spain is out. That's a surprise! Now USA out and i'm extremely happy!!!

Spain is out? :( What happened? Did France played out-of-their-minds basketball? Have to watch the replays...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,522 ✭✭✭nerd69

Dariukas wrote: »

spain where my big hope the us wouldn't win its pretty much a done deal now it would be fantastic for at least one other basketball powerhouse to come through so that they dont win every tournament.

canada could be handy in a few years but spain should peter off a bit. any other countries coming though?

nerd69 wrote: »
    spain where my big hope the us wouldn't win its pretty much a done deal now it would be fantastic for at least one other basketball powerhouse to come through so that they dont win every tournament.

canada could be handy in a few years but spain should peter off a bit. any other countries coming though?

Imho france serbia or lithuania are pretty good powerhouses too... ofc spain was probably the best one but you never know usa might slip...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Seems that BT Sport are showing the conclusion to the World Cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

USA-Lithuania semi on at 8.

Advertisement