Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Autumn And Winter!

• 26-08-2014 5:04pm

Crisp air, roaring fires, nights closing in, shepards pies and homemade soup, woolly hats, fingerless gloves, red noses in the chill air, leaves underfoot, frosty grass, snowflakes, still mornings, electric blankets, new coats, Christmas, hot chocolate, watching movies by the light of the christmas tree, and possibly most of all, new boots!

From here until New Year is my favourite time of year, I LOVE it! :)

Am I alone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

No, I love it too! Sitting in a room listening to the rain lashing off the window is so relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I love it too. ( hate it when roads are scary) but I love winter. Boots, scarfs, candles, fires, Santa , lights and happiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Boots and knitwear and electric blankets and cinnamon hot drinks!

I forgot candles. Candles are the best :).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Today is a horrible cold rainy day where I am. But such happiness as it's a no work day, stove is lit, children are happy coloring and playing. The horrible cold is outside and we are happy and cosy inside. I just love been tucked up inside whims the cold rain bashes against the window. I love winter :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I can cook lamb stew without people thinking I'm weird

Lamb stew is the opposite of weird, it's awesome! Steak and ale pie is my favourite winter comfort food, alongside shepard and cottage pies. Winter food is the best :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Big fan of Winter myself...wearing my big woolly jumpers!

Like going for a walk when it's really cold outside... Coming into a warm room where the stove has the place piping hot...

A nice coffee or tea or whiskey to warm me up....that's me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Why did you include "red noses" as a plus?
    That's not something to love

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I love it. Best time of the year by far. I love the smell of the fire throughout the house.

My partner on the other hand hates it although she is Spanish.

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    Why did you include "red noses" as a plus?
    That's not something to love

Yes it is! Red noses are indicative of chilly air and I like the tingle when you walk into the warm house. :)

Tzardine wrote: »
    I love it. Best time of the year by far. I love the smell of the fire throughout the house.

I love the smell of orange peel thrown on an open fire. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Teddy bear hats!

Stripey scarves!

Cute gloves!

My new bear coloured furry coat/jacket with ears on the hood!

Okay tis not entirely that time of year just yet as its still warmish out, aka too warm for anything more than a light hoodie/sweater imho, but its nice to have your woolies all ready though :)

Oh and moreso for now, Halloween plans and costumes and decor etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

animals-in-autumn-8__880.png
    animals-in-autumn-71.jpg
    animals-in-autumn-4.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I've decided to give up waiting for summer and embrace the fact that my favourite season of them all, Autumn, is here :D

There is a definite chill in the air, a few green leaves in the garden have turned red and the evenings when it's not raining have a golden glow about the sunset hours. Looooooooooooove it :pac:

Boots! Boots! New boots season! :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Yes and a nice new winter coat too :)

I'm thinking red this year :)

I love winter clothes!

I can't wait to try on some snuggly winter coats!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I can cook lamb stew without people thinking I'm weird

It's not weird at all, when can I come over for tea.

• Advertisement

Hot chocolate season on its way :D

Saw the most beautiful red and gold leaves today, and so many conkers!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I just love this time of year; whenever I am feeling low, I just think of the wintery nights and Christmas coming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I love this time of year too. It all feels so cosy. (Christmas is my favourite, such a lovely atmosphere. Time to be around family and friends you may not have seen since last year.) Crunchy leaves. Taking the dog for a walk in the crisp autumn/winter air. Leaving food out for the birds when the ground gets frosty. Lots of candles. Warm jumpers and boots. My Birthday is in Winter too. Ahhhh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I love this time of year too. I love walking in the local park, especially on a day like today. The trees are just amazing, all the different colours, truly in 'their Autumn beauty'.
    I love cold, crisp days, I love seeing the Autumn /Winter colours coming into the shops, and buying new boots. Cosy nights in, candles lighting, hot chocolate, what's not to like. :)

Halloween is on the way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Halloween is on the way :D

I loooooove Halloween. :) I hope I get tricker treaters this year. ^___^

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Me too! As long as they're nice kids and not little scumbags...! :)

I've just been looking online for a nice cosy, massive scarf and some new boots. I have enough pairs but any excuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

Finally! :) I found someone I can relate to. Everyone else thinks im complete bonkers b/c I love autumn and winter (more winter) and I detest summer

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

Candie wrote:
    Boots! Boots! New boots season!

Yaaaay :D Penneys here I comeeee! :):):):):):)

• Advertisement

Bump!

September!

I still love autumn and winter. :)

Advertisement