Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's The Worst Pain You've Ever Experienced?

• 29-08-2014 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Decided to treat myself on the way home from work today and bought a packet of those Trolly jellies. Sat down at 7pm and ate the whole bag, but it came at a price. I've just gotten over a toothache which lasted 3 and a half hours. I've never experienced pain like it. The whole right hand side of my face was throbbing with pain, I was head down on my bed clutching my pillow in agony. Thankfully my Mother arrived home a half hour ago and gave me these strong pain killers and some clove oil which has cured it. I'll admit it, I cried. :(

My previous best was when I was knocked down by a van when I was 15, broke my collar bone.

What's your most painful moment?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

The pain of looking at yore ma's face.

Mod: this poster is taking some time off from the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

You're high on pain killers man..

Just so you know, you don't get a tooth ache for no reason. There's a problem there. Go dentist!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

The pain of looking at yore ma's face.
    Enjoy your yellow card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Ingrown toenail removal without proper anesthetic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭The Rabbit

Kidney stone, now, agony.

Might lie on the tiles for a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Another one of these threads :/

Dislocated kneecap with torn ligament was pretty painful. Waiting in the A+E for 5 hours with a dislocated kneecap especially!

Also had a dry socket once. Not as painful as the kneecap though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Tonsillitis.

You may say wtf, but anyone who's had truly bad tonsillitis knows the score!

But no I've never had a disease, broken a bone, been hit by a car or fallen from a ten story building and landed on railings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

That day I had man flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Bone marrow test (its just a pain you have never felt before). Or the days after a lumbar puncture. Nothing gets rid of that head ache :(

Or having an extremely bad kidney/bladder infection with a bleed on the bladder. Which results in having to pass blood clots through a highly irrated urethra. Oh god my poor penis hasn't been the same since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

so you had a toothache for a whole 3 1/2 hours :eek:

jesus wept :rolleyes: pussy, youve clearly had some sheltered life

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Dowl88

Whats worse getting kicked in the balls or giving birth?

You don't see men going back for a second kick in the balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

whirlpool wrote: »
    Tonsillitis.

But no I've never had a disease, broken a bone, been hit by a car or fallen from a ten story building and landed on railings.

This. Fainted from it

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I stood on a lego once....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Luke92 wrote: »
    Bone marrow test (its just a pain you have never felt before). Or the days after a lumbar puncture. Nothing gets rid of that head ache :(

Or having an extremely bad kidney/bladder infection with a bleed on the bladder. Which results in having to pass blood clots through a highly irrated urethra. Oh god my poor penis hasn't been the same since!

Jesus you've had it bad!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ear infections

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Had a really bad ear infection that wouldn't clear. My eardrums were leaking fluid and I couldn't eat or move my head for over a week as every time I moved my jaw the agony was just too much to bear. That was when I was about 13 and I'll never forget just how awful it was.

I feel so sorry for people who suffer from chronic pain. Couldn't think of anything worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I stood on an upturned plug

Worse than when I was ran over (over not hit out if the way) by a car

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

That day I had man flu.

I feel you brother.

Op, tooth ache, was bad for me, got it on a Saturday night and could not get it sorted till Monday. It was worse than going without food for 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm an electrician by trade. Was working in a kitchen one day changing over socket plates when the aul lad working with me decided to start testing sockets. The sockets were above the counter so I was leaning on a stainless steel counter top, just putting the live cables into position, next thing I'm on the ground with a chippy standing over me laughing.

I was obviously touching the copper when the aul lad flicked the switch. I've never felt pain like it before. The only way I can describe it is, it was like two balls of energy shooting from the cables, through my hands and up my arms but the balls were expanding the whole way up and it felt like my arms were going to burst... serious pain. Blacked out for a couple of seconds :/

TLDR; Got whacked outta it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tosspot

whirlpool wrote: »
    Tonsillitis.

Been in hospital on a drip with tonsilitis more than once and it is terribe but the worst pain was breaking both tibia and fibula in an accident. Not even close

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Cutting my eyeball was the most painful thing that's ever happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

I was helping my dad unload bullocks from a cattle box a few years ago, and we were using a gate at the left side of the trailer to prevent the bullocks from going back behind the trailer.
    When what i thought was the last bullock had gone i swung the gate back around only to have another bullock leap out of the box and tackle the gate, throwing me to the wall and then wedging me between the gate and the wall with the animal applying pressure.

many bruised ribs, much pain

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

BDJW wrote: »
    Cutting my eyeball was the most painful thing that's ever happened!

I'M CURRENTLY TYPING WITH MY HAND OVER MY EYES NOW THANK YOU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

1. Punctured lung sore as **** and it happened to me twice
    2. Sunburned my legs once very badly
    3. Swollen appendix or tooth ache on a par

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

The Rabbit wrote: »

Get into a really hot bath.
    Small bit of relief but it's all that ever worked for me. (Apart from morphine and oxycotin.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

a pilot dropping the plane too fast on approach.

felt like someone stuck razors in my ear drumms for about 15 minutes :(

the utter cnut :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I hate to say the obvious, but childbirth. :D

I only gave birth 10 weeks ago so it's pretty fresh in my mind! It's such an unusual overwhelming pain that builds and builds and then ebbs away to nothing until you have 60 seconds of feeling completely normal waiting for it to come back. But at it's height it feels like you're splitting in two down there! I have a good threshold for pain but I was clinging to the bed screaming like a banshee for parts of it:o I have to say though, out of all the terrible pain you could have, experiencing it for a positive reason makes it less scary and horrible so in that sense it's easier to go through and the second it's over and you have your baby, you'd do it again in a heartbeat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Nib wrote: »
    Decided to treat myself on the way home from work today and bought a packet of those Trolly jellies. Sat down at 7pm and ate the whole bag, but it came at a price. I've just gotten over a toothache which lasted 3 and a half hours. I've never experienced pain like it. The whole right hand side of my face was throbbing with pain, I was head down on my bed clutching my pillow in agony. Thankfully my Mother arrived home a half hour ago and gave me these strong pain killers and some clove oil which has cured it. I'll admit it, I cried. :(

sounds like an abcess, I had one a few years ago, don't think anything has even come close to being as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

Tonsillitis here too.

I'd never had it until my early 20's, so when it started I assumed it was just a sore throat or something. By the time I realised something else was wrong, even breathing hurt. The sides of my face, and all down my neck were swollen. When the doctor looked at my throat even he went "ugh!"

Had it a few times since, and while painful, I've caught it in time for it not to be agony.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

The Rabbit wrote: »

It could also be liver failure...just saying like.

Advertisement