Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAMPUS ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 k_Rattigan

How do you see where you're staying?

If you go onto the online payment system and look into the details it should tell you where you are living!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LaughingOwl

k_Rattigan wrote: »
    If you go onto the online payment system and look into the details it should tell you where you are living!:)

Thanks, I'm having problems with the website. I'll just wait until they email me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Nurgle_94

Thanks, I'm having problems with the website. I'll just wait until they email me.

It may not say it in the email. I'm going into 2nd year so got the email I April when the lottery results for continuing students was out and it only says on your tcas account.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭blackkeyes

Hargadon apt. 6?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

blackkeyes wrote: »
    Hargadon apt. 6?

Apt 11. Close enough :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 jDicey

Rye Hall, anyone? Are friends outside of NUIM allowed to stay over nights?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

jDicey wrote: »
    Rye Hall, anyone? Are friends outside of NUIM allowed to stay over nights?

Officially they need to be booked in in advance.

Officially they need to be booked in in advance.

Is that something that would be a pain to do every other week or so, or is it a quick okay and sign in kind of deal?

jDicey wrote: »
    Is that something that would be a pain to do every other week or so, or is it a quick okay and sign in kind of deal?

I never actually did it myself. I think you just register it online at some stage. Can't do it that night. Think the link should be on TCAS or the accommodation page. Can't link as I'm on the phone ATM.

I never actually did it myself. I think you just register it online at some stage. Can't do it that night. Think the link should be on TCAS or the accommodation page. Can't link as I'm on the phone ATM.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 ItsJustLaura

Leavey in Village, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maggie94

Hargadon, apt. 3 anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

Riordan apt. 5? Anyone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ethomas94

im in leavey too!

ethomas94 wrote: »
    im in leavey too!

Oh which apartment?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭blackkeyes

maggie94 wrote: »
    Hargadon, apt. 3 anyone?

I'm in 6 which is near by, I'd say!

Oh which apartment?

between 5 and 10?

ethomas94 wrote: »
    between 5 and 10?

Ah, I'm between 10 and 12.

Ah, I'm between 10 and 12.

I see, I'm 9 so I'm not too far away!

Are the apartments in Village mixed?

• Advertisement

It varies I think. I just want to find someone in Hargadon 11

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

Some are.

miissjuly wrote: »
    Some are.

You'll find its mostly final years or those who got places last minute who get mixed apartments.

You'll find its mostly final years or those who got places last minute who get mixed apartments.

Like the lotto people?

9bred4 wrote: »
    Like the lotto people?

Well everyone's lotto! :-)
    Those who got places last minute, after others turned theirs down, in early Sept. When they have to fill rooms quickly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Well everyone's lotto! :-)
    Those who got places last minute, after others turned theirs down, in early Sept. When they have to fill rooms quickly.

Obviously I dont know about previous years but I found last year nearly every village apartment I was in or knew people that lived in was mixed! Off the top of my head I can only think of one that wasnt, of course I didnt ask everyone that lived in village last year who they lived with but I think it would have been more uncommon for them to be single sex!

deise_girl wrote: »
    Obviously I dont know about previous years but I found last year nearly every village apartment I was in or knew people that lived in was mixed! Off the top of my head I can only think of one that wasnt, of course I didnt ask everyone that lived in village last year who they lived with but I think it would have been more uncommon for them to be single sex!

Unless they changed it for last year? In my first four years in village it was all single sex for me and everyone else I know. Last year it wasn't in my place but the one or two others that I did know in Village were single sex apts.

Could be that they've almagamated the apts more and St. Pats' rules have been changed.

Unless they changed it for last year? In my first four years in village it was all single sex for me and everyone else I know. Last year it wasn't in my place but the one or two others that I did know in Village were single sex apts.

Could be that they've almagamated the apts more and St. Pats' rules have been changed.

I dont know maybe it was just the people I knew but definitely atleast 8 of the Mullin apartments were mixed. And the 3 others I knew in Riordan were also mixed!
    Like maybe it was just a once off haha but just something I noticed anyway

deise_girl wrote: »
    I dont know maybe it was just the people I knew but definitely atleast 8 of the Mullin apartments were mixed. And the 3 others I knew in Riordan were also mixed!
    Like maybe it was just a once off haha but just something I noticed anyway

Could be that it was changed with all the other changes in accommodation this year so! The traumas of being Maynooth vintage!

• Advertisement

Could be that it was changed with all the other changes in accommodation this year so! The traumas of being Maynooth vintage!

Haha the traumas of not understanding these rules and regulations the previous Maynoothians saw before me..
    Like "the bridge"? I just know it was awful and slippery but I know nothing else about it or where it is!

Advertisement