Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Books etc. for sale! Post all your sales here :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jenjentcd

I still have the constitutional book left for sale

il buy, how much and can u meet in town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

jenjentcd wrote: »
    il buy, how much and can u meet in town?

Hi there. Please send a private message to the user who is selling the book you're interested in and make your arrangements there rather than on thread. Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 koffee_rb

Looking to purchase first year Enterprise Computing books if anyone has them for sale.

Hey Nordie,

Welcome to the course.
    There aren't really many textbooks prescribed for 1st Year EC.

Most of the lecturers provide specific course-notes in lecture. (MS121 in particular)

What I would recommend is picking up one of the Small O'Reilly Press "Linux: Pocket Guide", It'll help you for CA114 and CA249.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gemma1938

Looking for biological science 5th edition by freeman.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nordie Durdle

koffee_rb wrote: »
    Hey Nordie,

Welcome to the course.
    There aren't really many textbooks prescribed for 1st Year EC.

Most of the lecturers provide specific course-notes in lecture. (MS121 in particular)

What I would recommend is picking up one of the Small O'Reilly Press "Linux: Pocket Guide", It'll help you for CA114 and CA249.

Many thanks, ordered a copy of that. My knowledge of Linux is limited to some basic messing with hosting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gerdoc209

Help!! Doing Postgrad in Business Management at DCU. (NGM)

I need the following book:

Economics 8th Edition
    ISBN-13: 978-0-273-76312-3
    Author(s): John Sloman; Alison Wride; Dean Garratt

any other book people have for sale in this subject, give me a message....

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Oran Doyle: constitutional-law: text, cases and materials- €45 Needed for BCL AND EPL

Brian Doolan: Principles of Irish Law 7th edition €20 the 8th edition is now out will sell both books for €50

Byrne and McCutcheon on the Irish Legal System. Fifth Edition.
    By: Raymond Byrne and Paul McCutcheon
    Perfect Condition €50

I'd be interested in buying any of these if anyone still has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Breifne72

I'd be interested in buying any of these if anyone still has them.

Hi phantom lord, I have both at the minute if you're interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

LOOKING TO BUY
    -Campbell, Kilcommins and O'Sullivan: Criminal Law in Ireland: Cases and Commentary can pay max 50euro

-Craig and deBurca: EU Law: Text, Cases and Materials (5th ed.) can pay 25 euro

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 koffee_rb

Hi there o/

Looking for a copy of either:
    Andreas Spillner, Tilo Linz, Hans Schaefer, Software Testing Foundations
    (2nd or 3rd Ed)

or

Dorothy Graham, Isabel Evans, Erik Van Veenendaal and Rex Black, Foundations of Software Testing

Also if anyone has any web design/ HCI books focusing on HTML5/CSS3 or beginning Python books I'd definitely take a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 BitaAranda

Hey lads ! Happy New Year and hope you are doing well with all the essays!
    Just wanted to let you know that I will sell my books the first week of February. If anyone's interested, just let me know via FB. My name is Bita Aranda, you send me an inboxx!

The Middle East, 12th Edition, Ellen Lust - 45E
    Security Studies, 2nd Edition, Paul D. Williams - 30E.

The last two are as good as new!!! The first one was a second hand purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BitaAranda

Hi, I have:

The Middle East, 12th Edition, Ellen Lust - 45E
    Security Studies, 2nd Edition, Paul D. Williams - 30E.

As good as new!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Looking for any notes/books from Health&Society
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 thatdepends

FOR SALE: Intellectual Property Law in Ireland, Clark Smyth & Hall 3rd edition

Excellent condition. No marks or highlighting

PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 10 thatdepends

FOR SALE: Intellectual Property Law in Ireland, Clark Smyth & Hall 3rd edition

Excellent condition. No marks or highlighting

PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 5 timo2

I'll be starting my first year at DCU. (International Business) Do you think I will need the same books for the modules as they stated on their website for 2013/2014...I hope the answer is yes, because I've already ordered some used books from Amazon. I just wanted to beat the rush for those used books...I'm afraid I might have made a big mistake by doing so.... Any help would be appreciated. Thank You! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fccallan

I have hundreds of college e-books available to sell. I am a student myself in DCU and can meet anyone with the book or if file is under a certain size i can email it to you.
    Pm me with the book/books you require and i'll try my best to get it for you if i do not already have it.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Sciscitatio

timo2 wrote: »
    I'll be starting my first year at DCU. (International Business) Do you think I will need the same books for the modules as they stated on their website for 2013/2014...I hope the answer is yes, because I've already ordered some used books from Amazon. I just wanted to beat the rush for those used books...I'm afraid I might have made a big mistake by doing so.... Any help would be appreciated. Thank You! :)

You should be fine, no need to worry, it is unlikely they will have changed the reading list much and if so you will still find you will be able to use them for assignments and studying of the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Still interested in these if anyone wants to offload them at the end of semester/year
    Oran Doyle: constitutional-law: text, cases and materials- €45 Needed for BCL AND EPL

Brian Doolan: Principles of Irish Law 7th edition €20 the 8th edition is now out will sell both books for €50
    Constitutional Law: Texts, Cases and Materials.
    By: Orand Doyle
    Perfect Condition €50

Torts in Ireland. Third Edition.
    By: Eoin Quill
    Perfect Condition €45

Byrne and McCutcheon on the Irish Legal System. Fifth Edition.
    By: Raymond Byrne and Paul McCutcheon
    Perfect Condition €50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Pearson New International Edition.

Physics, Douglas C. Giancoli, Sixth edition.

In perfect condition, literally used it twice. Created the mastering physics account already (can't find the blue slip for it atm but it's somewhere, thought you don't need it as I made the account using the code). Mastering physics isn't part of the course anymore though, but you could still use my account I think if you wanted the practice.

50euro starting from. PM me. (Can't remember the price I bought it new from, someone let me know if I'm too close to it, talking about the H&F price)

EDIT: not sure if you can use my account as it is connected to my biology one and my general pearson account which I need, so I'll have to look into it. Price will come down if the mastering physics is a no go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I may also have this book for sale I will know in a couple of weeks, It will be on the list for all first year science students!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fccallan

John.Icy wrote: »
    Pearson New International Edition.

Physics, Douglas C. Giancoli, Sixth edition.

In perfect condition, literally used it twice. Created the mastering physics account already (can't find the blue slip for it atm but it's somewhere, thought you don't need it as I made the account using the code). Mastering physics isn't part of the course anymore though, but you could still use my account I think if you wanted the practice.

50euro starting from. PM me. (Can't remember the price I bought it new from, someone let me know if I'm too close to it, talking about the H&F price)

EDIT: not sure if you can use my account as it is connected to my biology one and my general pearson account which I need, so I'll have to look into it. Price will come down if the mastering physics is a no go.

I have this book in the 7th edition as an ebook - 25 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 8 matty69s

Selling Economics book by S...

A

• Registered Users Posts: 8 matty69s

Sorry this is a repost:

Selling Economics 7th edition by John Sloman. Very good condition, selling for very reasonable price pm if interested.

This book is ideal for first year actuaries/business students/MINT etc... was a great help to me. If you're doing actuary this book will help you get a nice result for your CT7 exemption and help your accredation average.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Conor9320

Anybody have any books for 1st year aviation management?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JohnHunt

Anybody selling books for International Relations?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Esteps93

Anyone on here have books for the Electronic Commerce masters course?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lunnatic

JohnHunt wrote: »
    Anybody selling books for International Relations?

Would also be very interested in these if anyone is selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 frisbee!

Science books for sale! All in good condition

Chemistry, 8th edition by Raymond Chang €25
    Quantitative chemical analysis,7th edition by Daniel Harris €45
    Organic chemistry by Jonathan Clayden, Nick Greeves, Peter Wothers and Stuart Warren €40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

frisbee! wrote: »
    Science books for sale! All in good condition

Chemistry, 8th edition by Raymond Chang €25
    Quantitative chemical analysis,7th edition by Daniel Harris €45
    Organic chemistry by Jonathan Clayden, Nick Greeves, Peter Wothers and Stuart Warren €40

What course were these used for?

Advertisement