Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Offseason 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

1DRose wrote: »
    Golden State are possibly the most fun team in the league to watch! Great pick! I saw Warriors vs Spurs Game 4 at the Oracle in 2013 Playoffs, was a great game!

Looks like I'll be going to Nets @ Bulls December 30th. Anybody have any tips for securing Bulls tickets?

Just register with ticketmaster US, all bulls tickets sold there, where I got mine in January

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Lads is Stubhub a decent site as regards availability in the run up to games for NBA ? I've used them for NFL and never had a problem getting tickets. Haven't used US Ticketmaster myself.

Looking at bulls @ nets and heat @ Knicks double bill same day at the end of November! 3pm and 7.30pm starts respectively so I should be ok hopefully.

Cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Lads is Stubhub a decent site as regards availability in the run up to games for NBA ? I've used them for NFL and never had a problem getting tickets. Haven't used US Ticketmaster myself.

Looking at bulls @ nets and heat @ Knicks double bill same day at the end of November! 3pm and 7.30pm starts respectively so I should be ok hopefully.

Cheers guys.

I have used stub hub and it was fine but my God you get fleeced v face value of the tickets. Basketball tickets are generally harder to get for a few reasons - smaller venues, depends on who the opposition is, any NY team, etc. etc. Go the ticket master route if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 1DRose

stuchyg wrote: »
    Just register with ticketmaster US, all bulls tickets sold there, where I got mine in January

Yea that was my 1st thought obviously, it's what I've used before. But I want a fail safe in case it sells out!

Just need to be on the ball. Individual game tickets are out late September.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Only 18 nationally televised game for the champs in comparison to TThunder (32).weird one that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

If I were a Spurs fan I'd be too busy counting the rings to care about how much love ABC had for my team...

They got a showcase Christmas game. That's the only ABC date anyone notices anyway.

Soby wrote: »
    Only 18 nationally televised game for the champs in comparison to TThunder (32).weird one that

Nothing new there, they're rarely on tv, always under-represented. They have to cater for the casual fans who want to see dunks not great passing. :)

1DRose wrote: »
    Golden State are possibly the most fun team in the league to watch! Great pick! I saw Warriors vs Spurs Game 4 at the Oracle in 2013 Playoffs, was a great game!

Looks like I'll be going to Nets @ Bulls December 30th. Anybody have any tips for securing Bulls tickets?

Yeah, barring injury or a major upset I'll see Curry at the World Cup in a few weeks, but looking forward to seeing the Splash Brothers in action together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

You'd have to assume that the Pacers would have taken the Wizard's slot on Xmas Day if PG hadn't gone down.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sorry, but is Kobe taking the ****ing piss with his below comment:

06d8522bd51ad315bf6b16c8aaa8a9a3.png

From the New York Times a few years ago who recapped the Kobe/Charlotte situation:

9ae1114c417e6301624a911968a64fc2.png

That comment from him has really annoyed me (more than it should anyway).

Completely trying to re-write history again, just like with the Donald Sterling comment. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Havent been following. Love/Wiggins deal done ?

Soby wrote: »
    Havent been following. Love/Wiggins deal done ?

Officially? No. As per league rules nothing can happen until the 23rd of August.

Unofficially? Yes. Worst kept secret in the world. Love to the Cavs for Wiggins, Bennett and a future first round pick.

They're dropping like flies…..Boogie Cousins injured and now day to day. If they lose him, they'll be in REAL trouble for the Worlds. They need a beast inside or else they'll be very soft inside and open to be attacked even more than they're likely to be already.

Rose looked pretty good last night, as did Davis. Good win for the US, but they'll face tougher opposition than that in the Worlds. Crucially for me, they looked vulnerable inside though as predicted.

Shawn Marrion to the Cavs for veterans minimum. Even though he's declined athletically in recent years, he'll be able to play decent minutes at both ends of the floor and give the big boys a chance to rest. Good addition.

Shawn Marrion to the Cavs for veterans minimum. Even though he's declined athletically in recent years, he'll be able to play decent minutes at both ends of the floor and give the big boys a chance to rest. Good addition.

Excellent pick up IMO. I'm shocked there wasn't more interest at that price.

Paully D wrote: »
    Excellent pick up IMO. I'm shocked there wasn't more interest at that price.

Maybe there was but marion prob wants a ring

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

He has a ring already!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Very, very happy with getting Marion, especially on a vet's min. He supposedly had been in talks with Indy but decided to take less money to play alongside LeBron and go for a ring straight away

He has a ring already!

True but it never stopped anyone else

• Advertisement

There was very little interest in him by all accounts, I think I posted my surprise about it earlier in the summer as it had been mentioned by the usual media guys.

Cleveland and Indiana were the only teams he met with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Paully D wrote: »
    Nice piece on Kevin Love from Bill Simmons below. Too long to copy and paste over but worth the read:

http://grantland.com/features/kevin-love-lebron-james-trade-minnesota-timberwolves/

Havent lurked in this thread for a while but its the finds like this that keep me coming back.

Thats an awesome write up. Maybe a little bit biased because I really rate him as a player. Would love to see him succeed with a legitimate team around him

Some prior context may be needed for this:

From his Microsoft days:

Clippers Press Conference:

Mark Cuban has some competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Dick Bavetta retires, hasn't missed a game since he started reffing in 1975, crazy run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Just came across this podcast recently, it's good:
    Hardwood Paroxysm

In the off-season they're doing these player retrospectives and the latest one is a look at Scottie Pippen's career:

"They actually let us come back? Well, that's a relief! In episode 2 of the Over and Back Podcast Jason Mann and Rich Kraetsch are joined by Nate Duncan of BasketballInsiders.com to discuss the life and career of Scottie Pippen, his place in history, how he changed the SF position and much more. Scottie Pippen is perhaps the best "second banana" ever, a man constantly in the shadow of one of the NBA's greatest players ever, but on his own merits still one of the top 50 players of all time and a first-ballot Hall of Famer. A man constantly hungry for admiration and respect, Pippen struggled in keeping his emotions in check whether in the media or on the bench, leading to constant questions about his leadership and motivation. Never a gifted offensive player, Pippen eventually turned himself into an offensive weapon utilizing his unbelievable athleticism and length. Defensively, there were few better. Making full use of that length, athleticism and basketball instincts, Pippen was the patriarch of the famed "Three Doberman" defense that propelled the young Chicago Bulls to NBA royalty. On the podcast, we discuss Pippen's humbled beginnings in rural Arkansas, his evolution from a relative unknown NAIA prospect to multiple time NBA All-Star and eventually six-time NBA champion. We discuss Pippen's evolution as a player, his issues with Bulls manager and his ultimately disappointing post-Bulls career with the Houston Rockets and Portland Trailblazers."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Apparently D Rose has been feeling "Knee soreness" since the game against Brazil. More question marks over his health

Apparently D Rose has been feeling "Knee soreness" since the game against Brazil. More question marks over his health

Wouldn't read too much into that just yet. It was his first full contact, full speed game in a year, he's bound to be sore. No matter how hard he was pushing himself in training and in the gym, nothing compares to a real game. Looking at him, he's put on a lot of muscle too in his time off. No problem resting him for a meaningless friendly. I genuinely hope he's ok and there's nothing more þo this but either way it's too early to tell and worry.

10489626_10152711033703278_3440302170255661065_n.jpg?oh=2e63b6687e6d4a23d5ead0258b40ee61&oe=545C0FF1&__gda__=1416462606_9213fc137c6eaf2166c0e7b428b5f6d9

Trade official! K Love is officially a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers and will wear the #0:D:D:D

Minny get Wiggins, Bennett and Thaddeus Young from the Sixers

Philly get Alexey Shved, Luc Mbah a Moute and Cleveland's 2015 pick (from Miami)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

10489626_10152711033703278_3440302170255661065_n.jpg?oh=2e63b6687e6d4a23d5ead0258b40ee61&oe=545C0FF1&__gda__=1416462606_9213fc137c6eaf2166c0e7b428b5f6d9

Trade official! K Love is officially a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers and will wear the #0:D:D:D

Minny get Wiggins, Bennett and Thaddeus Young from the Sixers

Philly get Alexey Shved, Luc Mbah a Moute and Cleveland's 2015 pick (from Miami)

Wiggins had his twitter location changed almost straight away when it was announced. If ever there was a reason for a guy to play with a chip on a shoulder then this is it. I really hope he goes on to have a terrific career.

• Advertisement

Wiggins had his twitter location changed almost straight away when it was announced. If ever there was a reason for a guy to play with a chip on a shoulder then this is it. I really hope he goes on to have a terrific career.

Yeah, completely agree, thought it was wrong that he was basically a pawn (and really was never wanted by us) in all this. Hope he goes on to do great things in Minny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement