Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power [Starz - Spoilers]

• 06-06-2014 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I had a look for a thread about this, but couldn't find one (surprisingly). It starts officially on Starz tomorrow night, but the pilot is out now. I thought it was an absolute cracker.
    Power is an upcoming drama television series on Starz created by Courtney Kemp Agboh and produced by the rapper Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson. The series follows James St. Patrick, nicknamed "Ghost", owner of a popular New York City nightclub. In addition, he is a major player in one of the city's biggest illegal drug networks. He struggles to balance these two lives, and the balance topples when he realizes he wants to leave the drug ring in order to support his legitimate business.

One to watch....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Definitely going to give this a watch. Looks really promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

Watched first episode. Looks promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭squonk

I watched the pilot last night based on the comments above. It's grat. It was a strong start. Great setup overall and I'm looking forward to the next episode. I hope they can keep the quality up post-pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just caught up with this three episodes in and it holding up story wise if they can keep this going they will have a strong series on there hands.

Yeah it's on my must see list at the moment. Very strong for a summer show. I just really like lots of things about it. Very fine replacement for the much lamented Boss.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

So without any spoiling.. Is this show worth watching, now that it's finished airing?

I really enjoyed it and it has been renewed for a second season.

It stayed strong for the 8 episode season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Have to agree with agent coulson

I enjoyed it, decent characters (especially the women) so bring on season 2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

ixoy wrote: »
    So without any spoiling.. Is this show worth watching, now that it's finished airing?
    Yes with out a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

ixoy wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it and it has been renewed for a second season.

It stayed strong for the 8 episode season.
    Have to agree with agent coulson

I enjoyed it, decent characters (especially the women) so bring on season 2
    Nody wrote: »
    Yes with out a doubt.

Have to agree with all the above. I enjoyed it and delighted to hear it got renewed.

• Advertisement

Yes, as said above, top class stuff all the way through. Not a dud episode or filler in sight. I hope they keep this up for Season 2. I think 8 is just the right number of episodes per season for the story they're telling.

Season 2 trailer.

Really looking forward to this.

Back tomorrow night Stateside.

Really looking forward to this hopefully it will be as strong as season 1.

Strong opening episode that lays down a good maker for what looks like another strong season ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

loved the first season of this, will probably wait til the end and binge s02

Great first episode to season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just started watching this and it's excellent. Was hooked within 10 minutes of the first episode, which is rare enough.

Just started watching this and it's excellent. Was hooked within 10 minutes of the first episode, which is rare enough.
    Solid first season. Really enjoyed it. Loving how it's becoming a little bit more complex in the second season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Liking this.
    Hating when they have half their conversations in English then the other half in Spanish.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Liking this.
    Hating when they have half their conversations in English then the other half in Spanish.

What's wrong with that por favor? Yes annoying, it's like Bernard dunnes speaking Irish where he explains what he's just said in English

It just got really interesting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Great episode.. Few twists and turns to come I'd say

The twists are coming alright I really think this is my number 1 summer show.

The show really is holding up to the same level it had in the first season.

Yeah. They're upping the ante every episode. Some nice twists etc but with some of the recent ones you've gotta question the longevity of the series.

Now that Angela knows Ghost is Ghost they might be able to get another season out of it.

3 seasons would be about right for this story next and final season can be about the downfall of Ghost.

Just caught up with this and I also am enjoying the momentum, I even went back and watched s01 again just to be sure I hadn't missed anything.

Now to catch up on what's happening in Abuddin

S2 e7: So Tommy walks into the counting house & sees a wall of notes ana say to Julio, " you got this place looking like the US Mint baby"... Mint is coins right?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

S2 e7: So Tommy walks into the counting house & sees a wall of notes ana say to Julio, " you got this place looking like the US Mint baby"... Mint is coins right?
    Nope; the mint is were all the money is printed inc. bills and coins (even though part of it may be outsourced).

Advertisement