Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Strain by Guillermo del Toro

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Havnt read the books but will watch it when FX screen it this side of the pond. Ive avoided reviews and what not as I want to make my own mind up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I read but lost interest in the original material, but decided to give the show a viewing.

I thought it was solid, nice blend of mystery, suspense, horror and outright gore.

Based on the first episode, it may not be a must see, but it's definitely one to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

just watched the first episode...looks intriguing at least..dont know the books..

Edit: Just watched up to episode 6..will definitely keep watching. Story is strong, acting is good. Violence..is violent....blood, etc....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Been ok so far, not great though. Doesn't strike me as being anything particularly original at the moment. And that Master dude from the coffin is simply a bigger, slightly more solid version of the Dementors from Harry Potter. Moves exactly like them anyway.

Advertisement