Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Random Lego chatter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That's still only a rumour though, so maybe best not to pin your hopes on it!

I like the Sandcrawler, but it's a hard sell at €299. It's also a really niche vehicle, very limited screen time so isn't as 'iconic' as the likes of the X-Wing or the Imperial Shuttle, so not sure how well it will do.

Maybe not the most "over used :pac:" vehicle, but for me its one of the most coolest looking ones for sure. Maybe I just have a sweet spot for it as its the most coolest thing I remember when I was a child from all SW trilogy. ( and that 4 legged yoke, very impractical and stupid, but boy it looked cool! )

I like Mostly all stuff from original Trilogy, but I cant even remotely understand the mess that are all current SW sets. Those ships ( if you can call them ) are a mess and look all over the place. Where is all that stuff from? I cant remember them from all 6 movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just finished the ground floor on Town Hall. I can't stress how great the modular line is. They'll always surprise you with techniques that are so inventive they're probably illegal in some southern states in the U.S. Cost is a balls, but if you only ever get one, Smyths do sell Pet shop, and if you wait till a 20pc off sale, you'll get a great build for just over 100 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Maybe not the most "over used :pac:" vehicle, but for me its one of the most coolest looking ones for sure. Maybe I just have a sweet spot for it as its the most coolest thing I remember when I was a child from all SW trilogy. ( and that 4 legged yoke, very impractical and stupid, but boy it looked cool! )

I like Mostly all stuff from original Trilogy, but I cant even remotely understand the mess that are all current SW sets. Those ships ( if you can call them ) are a mess and look all over the place. Where is all that stuff from? I cant remember them from all 6 movies.

There's a lot of non-canon SW stuff out there at the moment that doesn't interest me in the slightest. Can't comment on its merits as Lego because I've never looked at it closely enough. I'm an original trilogy snob all the way :pac:

I think there's a lot of good original trilogy stuff out there and coming out. All (or most) of the exclusives in the last few years have been great IMO. The system stuff can be hit and miss, but there's still a lot of good out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Do you mean the AT-AT? if so there is one coming out this year, there is also a snowspeeder coming out, you can't have one without the other. Also some new Imperial Star Destroyer's coming out. Could be an expensive lego year for me this year.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Some of it is from the expanded universe.

• Advertisement

Just finished the ground floor on Town Hall. I can't stress how great the modular line is. They'll always surprise you with techniques that are so inventive they're probably illegal in some southern states in the U.S. Cost is a balls, but if you only ever get one, Smyths do sell Pet shop, and if you wait till a 20pc off sale, you'll get a great build for just over 100 euro.

I debated for ages about falling down the rabbit hole that is the modulars. I took the dive by picking up the Grand Emporium. While I really liked it, I was unsure about continuing down that road. I eventually took another plunge and got the Fire Brigade. From the moment I clicked the two in together, there was no hope left for me.

Pictures don't do them justice. You have to see two modulars side by side to appreciate how great the line really is. I'm picking them up by order of release, even though Palace Cinema is my most wanted, so I'll be getting the Pet Shop next.

I debated for ages about falling down the rabbit hole that is the modulars. I took the dive by picking up the Grand Emporium. While I really liked it, I was unsure about continuing down that road. I eventually took another plunge and got the Fire Brigade. From the moment I clicked the two in together, there was no hope left for me.

Pictures don't do them justice. You have to see two modulars side by side to appreciate how great the line really is. I'm picking them up by order of release, even though Palace Cinema is my most wanted, so I'll be getting the Pet Shop next.

Of the four I have, Pet Shop is easily the favourite. The way the bay windows are created is brilliant, also think the interior is fairly good.. which is my big problem with GE. Still love the exterior look of it, it's just lacking inside - particularly upstairs. I'm also collecting them in order. PC looks amazing externally, but the interior isn't that great even though there's some very nice detailing. Hate that they use stickers and that limo will be the first time I mod anything from the line.

Need to pick up PR, PC. Hope to brick link Green Grocer (probably my favourite looking modular) and Cafe Corner eventually. Don't like the fan designed market street. Also would like haunted house. And the Simpsons house.... yes I've a problem. I'd be dangerous if I were rich.

Yeah, I don't like that limo either. I want to make a couple of modifications on the PC too - mainly replace the window in the theatre with another wall. I'd also like to make a few custom stickers for posters for other films like Star Wars and Indiana Jones (Lego-fied, of course) and have them on rotation with the posters you get with the set.

Finally got the PC built. Really need to find a better home for them than on a window sill.

lego_zps78d97f16.jpg

Looks great m8, but be careful as sun will destroy it. :(

• Advertisement

Looks great m8, but be careful as sun will destroy it. :(

Thanks. Usually have paper or cardboard behind it, but took it away for the photo. Still, that looks terrible as well. Need to get some shelves put up. I'd rather it didn't join my technic in the attic....

lego2_zpsbf229d0a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I was wondering if I spend too much time reading things about lego..l and well 3 of my most visited sites are about lego...

ced6cf369835337b8aa7f9e9ee85f6d8_zpsb6cdf303.jpg

I wish I had kids so I could use them as the excuse but then the kids would get in the way of my lego :-/ At least my boyfriend doesn't judge!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Seriously envious of your modular collection Oafley!

I'm planning on buying the Curiosity Mars rover next.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Seriously envious of your modular collection Oafley!

I'm planning on buying the Curiosity Mars rover next.

I'd go looking sooner rather than later; it is sold out on shop.lego.com and the aftermarket prices are already starting to rise. There is a used one on adverts.ie for €35 and a new one for €55.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Liking this new architecture set, but once again the price on them seems way too high always! I know the part count is high ish but they're always small pieces!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

That Mini is just awesome, I watched Brickshow today on it. does not look like its going to be a very big model for 100eu though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

That Mini is just awesome, I watched Brickshow today on it. does not look like its going to be a very big model for 100eu though.

Yeah. There's a designer video up too, over a thousand pieces they say, but I have to feel that at some level they are pushing up the piece count to justify the price.

Paddy

--

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    Yeah. There's a designer video up too, over a thousand pieces they say, but I have to feel that at some level they are pushing up the piece count to justify the price.

Paddy

--

Looks cool, but a bit small. Plus its not cool enough for 84eu. :( I might wait out and see if there will be any sales of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭lostboy75

http://kotaku.com/very-cool-tiny-custom-lego-mechs-from-builder-brian-ke-1616251282

This just popped up on my phone's home page, will have a better look at it when I get home from work, but me likey

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Anyone know the best site or place to buy some classic 1980-86 Lego?

Interested in all sets from that era, but the postage on eBay ruins the possible purchase.

Anyone know the best site or place to buy some classic 1980-86 Lego?

Interested in all sets from that era, but the postage on eBay ruins the possible purchase.

http://www.bricklink.com/browseTree.asp?itemType=S

A lot more choice, but delivery can be steep. Dont forget, we are on Islnad, so all deliveries just load on premium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

http://www.bricklink.com/browseTree.asp?itemType=S

A lot more choice, but delivery can be steep. Dont forget, we are on Islnad, so all deliveries just load on premium.

There is a small 80's item on eBay in the US for about $17 and the shipping quote is $40.

After a pm on eBay, the seller said he could ship it for $12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Anyone have the Star Wars Ewok Village 10236? My son is looking for it from Santa this year, pricey enough in Smyths/Ken Blacks 300+ euro. Looks good but not sure if it justifies the price. I am trying to persuade him to ask for a couple of decent sized space ships instead, not working so far!

Anyone have the Star Wars Ewok Village 10236? My son is looking for it from Santa this year, pricey enough in Smyths/Ken Blacks 300+ euro. Looks good but not sure if it justifies the price. I am trying to persuade him to ask for a couple of decent sized space ships instead, not working so far!

It should only be 240 in Smyths although that is still pricey. Keep any eye on Amazon it may show up cheaper.

However I would think it's a great play set for kids, mix in a few other smaller sets and there should be hours of fun in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

It should only be 240 in Smyths although that is still pricey. Keep any eye on Amazon it may show up cheaper.

However I would think it's a great play set for kids, mix in a few other smaller sets and there should be hours of fun in it.

Yeah, thanks, I'll keep an eye out, at least I have a few months to get one, which gives me a better chance of finding one at a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

looks like with cheap AT-AT's and garages around at the moment, you can almost guarantee what will show up on adverts.ie next year :)

• Advertisement

Someone already had a Garage up on adverts, when they were questions one it they withdrew the ad.

I don't think the AT-AT are at such a low price that they will appear on Adverts just yet, they are only 20-ish cheaper than from LEGO.

Advertisement