Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Firebrigade charges with ambulance

• 10-08-2014 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32 dave011

Hi, we had to ring an ambulance for my father yesterday. When the ambulance came they said they will need to call the firebrigade,as my father is a overweight and need extra support.

A friend told me that there is a call out charge because the firebrigade came out, is this true and if it is how much will it cost?

We couldn't of had a worse day, as when we arrived home last night. Well early this morning from hospital we were greeted with a load of water that came in out extension from the rain!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Maybe the folks over here >> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1023 could answer your question.

Sorry to hear about your day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

It should be covered by your home insurance op. Hope your dad is doing well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Moved your thread from After Hours. Sorry to hear of your bad news, best wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Hope your dad will be ok. As far as I know each council has a different charge for the fire brigade call out. Check it with your local council.

• The ambulance crew requested the fire brigade not you so I would say that you won't see a bill. The fire brigade / ambulance lads here will be better placed to confirm.

Out of interest, what part of the country was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 dave011

I'm in dublin,yes the ambulance crew requested the fire brigade, as they said they needed extra people to carry my father down stairs.
    foreign wrote: »
    The ambulance crew requested the fire brigade not you so I would say that you won't see a bill. The fire brigade / ambulance lads here will be better placed to confirm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

foreign wrote: »
    The ambulance crew requested the fire brigade not you so I would say that you won't see a bill. The fire brigade / ambulance lads here will be better placed to confirm.

The invoice is generally sent to the end user, not the caller. If more people knew this they'd stop ringing Garda stations about fires.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

As far as im aware, you wont get the charge for the fire truck if it's sent on a medical call or an ambulance assist

• dave011 wrote: »
    I'm in dublin,yes the ambulance crew requested the fire brigade, as they said they needed extra people to carry my father down stairs.

I'm going to say 100% no charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dave011

Thanks for all the replies. I hope we don't get charged for it. I saw one of the firemen filling out a docket book with our address on it, I don't know if that means anything or not! I hope we don't, with my father being so I'll now we need every cent we can get.

Thanks again everyone for your advice, I really appreciate it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Paulzx

There is categorically no fire brigade charges for ambulance assists in Dublin. If any agency sends you a bill for it tell them to shove it.

The "docket" you seen the Fire Officer filling out was him recording the information of the call for the purposes of completing his Fire Report when he returns to station. He must fill out a fire report for all calls but the will not be a bill for an ambo assist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭maniac2000

dave011 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies. I hope we don't get charged for it. I saw one of the firemen filling out a docket book with our address on it, I don't know if that means anything or not! I hope we don't, with my father being so I'll now we need every cent we can get.

Thanks again everyone for your advice, I really appreciate it :)

That "docket book" was more than likely a Patient Care Report. This PCR is used to document the incident including patient details and what was wrong with the patient. This PCR goes with the patient and is handed over in the ED to the hospital staff. Regards the charge AFAIK you wont be charged as it was not responding to a fire but rather as extra hands for the Paramedics on the ambulance

Advertisement