Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What was your festival portaloo experience like?

• 07-08-2014 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

We all hate that feeling of needing to piddle at a festival but you just have to do it because it is better out than in. The portaloos and long drop toilets at festivals can be so dirty at times we just do a #1 in the bush or in our pants.

What was your festival portaloo experience? How long were you waiting for a pee? Did you hold it in as long as possible? Were the queues long? And during your time at the festival did you go for a #2 in the toilet at all?

It is a relief when you go but you want a cleaner toilet, let us know your stories!

How was your portaloo experience? What did you do? 3 votes

Piddle
    0% 0 votes
    Poo
    0% 0 votes
    A pee I was dying for ages to do.
    33% 1 vote
    The portaloos stank of piss and ****
    33% 1 vote
    The toilets were clean
    33% 1 vote
    I didn't use them
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Hello journalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Hendrix campsite at EP last year was a disaster, 40 or 50 minutes queues to go for a dump, plus it was a bit manky too. Worst was later in the Body & Soul area the loos were practically full to the brim, hopefully this year they will have more of them and that they are cleaned frequently enough.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

Have you ever watched Schindlers list?
    Remember the scene where the kid was hiding under the latrine?
    There you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Teaforlife

Haha yeah once in Oxygen one of the toilets wouldn't flush, so it was stinking of pee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭BigCOB

Well I'm gonna respond anyway, in spite of the smell of a tabloid off this.....

The key to festival toilets is timing. Early morning is best as you get the choice of loos and you get to pick the least sensory offensive one. EP for me always starts out great, as in for the first few hours, then they are awful, even though they get 'deep cleaned' daily. The other thing I do is I take a mental map of location and level of activity, then I know Toilet X is quiet and just cleaned at X time, toilet Y is...... and so on and so on.

I may be a weirdo, but toilets at festivals are a major issue for me, I'd rather hold and wait until I know something is clean or not too busy. And that's just portaloos, those semi-circular urinals where your basically looking at other lads pissing are a joke, what about us poor shy bladder lads :) Also, they are normally in plain view of the women in the queue for the other side, unless they're into that kinda thing, do they really want to be watching us pissing?

At the New Year celebration thingy in college green last year, they put those standing up urinals beside the port a loos but totally open to everyone, so you had families standing waiting for the loos while drunk lads where pissing beside them, no fencing or anything.

Winge over.......

p.s. I have never pissed my pants.......you weirdo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Teaforlife wrote: »
    We all hate that feeling of needing to piddle at a festival but you just have to do it because it is better out than in. The portaloos and long drop toilets at festivals can be so dirty at times we just do a #1 in the bush or in our pants.!

Really???

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Teaforlife

Yeah not me though, I've seen young women going #1 in their pants because they don't want to use the toilets or they've held their water to long. Better out than in, but please ladies do it in a field not in your pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Teaforlife wrote: »
    Yeah not me though, I've seen young women going #1 in their pants because they don't want to use the toilets or they've held their water to long. Better out than in, but please ladies do it in a field not in your pants.
    Nonsense thread closed.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement