Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hoping to start airsoft

Options
  • 30-07-2014 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

I'm 17 live in Galway and I've played airsoft once with a friend in Meath and loved it! I use to mess around with airsoft guns at home but only spring ones shooting cans...
    anyways I would like to get started playing,, and I've a few questions

Wheres the nearest airsoft place? are there any in galway? tigerlands a good 70km away..

What team positions etc are there and could you give a basic idea of the roles..

what are the basics I'd need?

I know its alot to ask for but if ye could give me a link or something I'd be grateful!
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GunNut2011

Firstly buddy airsoft is not a cheap game to play and alot of the time it will require alot of travelling every day i game i usually have to drive 1 hour 20 mins to the site

. Teams vary on what they do alot of teams are military based so they like to bring there experience into it where other teams just do it for fun

Basics u need is a AEG 2 mags bbs and eye peotection and start building up from that

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

ok airsoft can be expensive its like anything else if you buy more bits and bobs the costs run up. however you can just get some decent boots, and AEG and some eye wear and soem old clothes and youre sorted.

basics
    1. Eye Protection
    2. Boots
    3. AEG with battery and BBs
    everything else like camo, side arm, optics are optional

for sites check out this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057241603 it should link you every site around the country.

as for team, i'm at it 3 years or so and am not a part of a team. I turn up with my gear and just play. i couldnt give a rats ass who i'm with to be honest and theres a lot like that so I wouldnt be worried about teams and roles just yet. get out there, have fun and say good bye to your bank balance.

best advice:
    1. have fun
    2. get good eye protection
    3. get good boots
    4. have fun
    5. did i mention have fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

As far as I know there aren't any sites in galway. Your best off looking at sites in clare and Limerick. AEG, boots and eye protection are a must really.

Face protection is a good idea if you want to protect your face and teeth. Also gloves and knee pads are good to have. A sling is handy as well especially when your waiting between games. I'd recommend getting camo pants. They tend to be tougher than ordinary pants and don't absorb water as much. Just don't go dressed in a red and white stripey hoody like a guy did at LAC one day. He stood out a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Been playing 5 years and still not in a team. Just turn up and get stuck in!
    GunNut2011 wrote: »
    Basics u need is a AEG 2 mags bbs and eye peotection and start building up from that

I'd add a second battery to the list of starters essentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Association-of-Western-Airsoft-Players/244501685723581?fref=ts is just past newport, probably the closest except any in Limerick, depends on where in galway you are. Tigerland hasnt been open in a while so I'd rule it out for now.
    No set roles really in a normal game usually
    Hope it helps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 fintye

Hi I am selling out my gear and AEG, would be perfect for a beginner like yourself... and I wont stick the arm in, I remember how expensive it was to get started. But I've stopped now due to injury which wont allow me to play anymore.

Advertisement