Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spiderman says no entry

• 30-07-2014 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,790 ✭✭✭✭

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Saw it yesterday on FB, hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i thought he was stopping him from leaving because the junkie was with someone else who stole his money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

So Spiderman is real! This is awesome news !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Can I have those few minutes back? That was crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

keano_afc wrote: »
    Can I have those few minutes back? That was crap.

Typical Youtuber's comment...

This is Boards.ie in case you didn't know :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

If's that's the master criminal known as "The Needle", he really needs to up his game if he has any hope of a sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Disappointed.

Where in the hell is his Web spinning ability?

He should have wrapped him in a silky rope wrap until the gards arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

That stuff happens day in, day out. Not surprised Spiderman lost it. Junkieville.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

What's the context of this? All we see is crap spiderman shoving someone around who was taking a few swings at him and blocking him from getting somewhere? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,092 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Disappointed.

He is a step up from Tobey Maguire though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Links234 wrote: »
    What's the context of this? All we see is crap spiderman shoving someone around who was taking a few swings at him and blocking him from getting somewhere? :confused:

I'm guessing Venom....the scobe took some money from him / the cap? Bad form for Spidey to continually antagonise him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,790 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Links234 wrote: »

No idea - its just a bit random

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Disappointed.

Where in the hell is his Web spinning ability?

He should have wrapped him in a silky rope wrap until the gards arrived.

Spider-man's webbing dissolves after an hour....he'd have been well gone by the time the gards showed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Spider-man's webbing dissolves after an hour....he'd have been well gone by the time the gards showed up.

Correction, "one to two hours". *snorts*

http://marvel.com/universe/Spider-Man's_Web-Shooters

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Worse fight ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

http://www.newstalk.ie/SpiderMan-and-pedestrian-arrested-after-scuffle-in-Dublin-yesterday-

The Irish Mirror have reported that both 'Spider-Man' and the second man were arrested by Gardaí.

allegedly the howya stole money off the girl who plays the harp, she asked for help, Spiderman intervened

Of course, if nobody did anything and let the scumbag steal, there would be still be complaining.

This guy helped stop a crime and gets arrested. The gardaí really sicken me sometimes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Outside 'Gotham City' though, which is kind of amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

No shoulder lock or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

So what did happen ? Did the guy steal money ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

I saw that spiderman guy getting egged on Grafton street last month. I'd say he has to put up with an awful lot of shite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Standman wrote: »
    I saw that spiderman guy getting egged on Grafton street last month. I'd say he has to put up with an awful lot of shite.

Maybe if stopped dressing as Spiderman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

I think its the "irish tearing people down" thing. Doesn't apply to developers mind.

Advertisement