Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***MatchThread*** 29th Jul 19:00 BEN2 The Full Irish

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Mousewar wrote: »
    We won that one 5-1 against Brown Bag I believe.

We certainly don't play badly on the pitch - but yes the results are poor.
    Of course this might be academic - right now our winter league is scheduled for Wesley.

thats the cup game i am talking about. think we played brown bag in colmcilles twice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

where are people seeing the stuff about the winter league?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

thats the cup game i am talking about. think we played brown bag in colmcilles twice.

Oh yeah, the cup game.
    But we did played Brown Bag in benildus for the second game agaisnt them, winning by that exact scoreline.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057239929

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

where are people seeing the stuff about the winter league?

http://astro.ie/Soccer/11aside/newleagues.aspx
    Try that link.
    Social on Tuesdays down for Wesley.
    Although this season was down for Wesley as well before it seemed to change last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Keaner

Just thinking of one or two things, thought I'd share with yas!

I was thinking the crossing play and long balls would work better with 2 strikers, it seems to me what we are complaining about recently is trying these things too often and with only Derek up there always surrounded and out numbered maybe 2 strikers would create more chances on the ground. I think it means the wingers would need to work harder to get up and back to make up for a lil extra space in midfield but could be something to try as it might be the tweek to create chances out of moves that we keep trying but aren't scoring right now...

Although saying that that doesnt take away from some of the great positions and chances people had last night, a few headers were very close and a few shots too needed to be on target and one cleared off the line

second thing.....who else wishes we still had to play ballalley again after them trolling us! all ill say is at least when we won the league we did it right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Samba Beat

Keaner wrote: »
    Just thinking of one or two things, thought I'd share with yas!

I was thinking the crossing play and long balls would work better with 2 strikers, it seems to me what we are complaining about recently is trying these things too often and with only Derek up there always surrounded and out numbered maybe 2 strikers would create more chances on the ground. I think it means the wingers would need to work harder to get up and back to make up for a lil extra space in midfield but could be something to try as it might be the tweek to create chances out of moves that we keep trying but aren't scoring right now...

Although saying that that doesnt take away from some of the great positions and chances people had last night, a few headers were very close and a few shots too needed to be on target and one cleared off the line

second thing.....who else wishes we still had to play ballalley again after them trolling us! all ill say is at least when we won the league we did it right!

You should give up or try play like the angels. Some of the rubbish you lot talk is hilarious.

Also our fat centre halves are still part of a league winning side unlike any of your pack of ****.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

right he's gone

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

lads, we will finish 5th if we are not careful.

At the moment if the teams win their games in hand, we drop to 5th and for a team like ourselves, thats is really really poor stuff for the season. i think weve let the hammerings of the bottom teams go to our heads and when it came to digging out results in tight games against the better teams, we have struggled.

only 12 of the 55 goals we have scored came against the top teams and 5 of them came against Cork in a total freak game, leaving us with 7 goals in 6 games against the better teams, compared to compared to 43 goals in the other 9 games.

the difference is startling.

Advertisement