Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I need help designing mass booklets...

• 28-07-2014 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

... but I'm not a religious person and can't find accessible information as to how an Irish ceremony is supposed to run.

To twist the plot a bit, this is an Irish wedding to occur in Spain. Should that make a difference?

A friend has asked me to design Mass booklets, but I'm not sure which prayers and sermons are to go where, and in which order. I have the wording and the prayers, but the file I have is all over the kip.

Can anyone advise? Hugely grateful for any help!!!

Thanks!!

Mac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭coats

http://www.weddingmusicduo.com/about7.html

Found this site when looking for templatesfor my civil ceremony. Seems to have everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Mum was going through a few bits yesterday and found a cousins one would have been a church wedding, I could scan it for you and send it if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Macapooloo

This is gold.

Thanks a million!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭anamaria

Www.gettingmarried.ie

If it's a Catholic ceremony you're having. I think this website is run by Accord

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭anamaria

Actually something to note is that the wording of some of the prayers changed a couple of years ago so if you're working from an older booklet it might not be accurate. The Accord website has the official church wording so at least you can be sure it's the correct one. I think they even have a template so you can just edit it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

The gettingmarried.ie template is great. You input the B&B and priest's names and pick some readings and it gives it all to you in a word template. I found it so handy. We then changed the readings and prayers of the faithful to ones we'd chosen ourselves, but at least we knew all the important holy bits were right....and our names!

My sister was at a wedding a few weeks ago and spotted in at least 4 different places the names of another B&G....clearly a very bad copy and paste job!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,657 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Here are a couple of planning forms here which will help you with the order things go in - and can be handy for tracking who does what too.

One for a wedding Mass: http://www.liturgytools.net/2012/07/wedding-liturgy-planning-worksheet.html

One for a Catholic wedding without Mass: http://www.liturgytools.net/2012/07/wedding-ceremony-planning-template.html

Advertisement