Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FreshMeat!!!

• 27-12-2013 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I can sticky this if you want, but a place where you can all post details of your FreshMeat courses and when they are starting might be helpful?

As far as I know, Tipperary Roller Girls, and Galway She devils are having Fresh Meat soon, anyone else?

M x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭binncheol

Dublin Roller Derby's next intake will be the start of February, will be posting details in the next week or so (:
    I like this thread idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

Yep, TRG have an Open Day in Clonmel on January 19th so people can come along, try it out, have a chat, eat some noms and just see what they think. Fresh meat will then start in February. Details of the Open Day are here: https://www.facebook.com/events/621515504574682/

Tell all your friends in Tipp! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

cork are too soon afaik.

Dublin Roller Derby are holding an info night for skaters, non skating officials & (skating) refs for anyone who's interested. Will be chatting about:
    - Roller Derby in Ireland
    - Dublin Roller Derby
    - The Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA)
    - Fresh Meat
    - Referees (Team Zebra)
    - NSOing (Team Flamingo)

https://www.facebook.com/events/575301199214585

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Woo! Been waiting for this one for a while! :)

1508148_10151959230803195_1940961920_n.jpg

• Advertisement

1497805_652150154831655_1850793542_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Tails!

Yep miss behave cyclones will be holdin an open night on the 24th! Will you be there? Freshmeat will then be starting on the 5th of march :-D so excited

Tails! wrote: »
    Yep miss behave cyclones will be holdin an open night on the 24th! Will you be there? Freshmeat will then be starting on the 5th of march :-D so excited

Can't wait! :) Wild horses won't make me miss this one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bambera

Anyone know if I'm too late to join anywhere in Dublin?

bambera wrote: »
    Anyone know if I'm too late to join anywhere in Dublin?

Dublin Roller Derby are currently running Skating 101's for people who just want to get on skates. Fresh Meat is starting in February. You can email freshmeat@dublinrollerderby.com to sign up for either. (:

• Advertisement

Boomtown roller have an information evening tomorrow night in Spin... If you've been thinking about it, just DO IT.. you won't regret it!!! :D

Info HERE

Cork City firebirds are starting a new freshmeat course too... email corkcityfirebirds@gmail.com for details!

Aaaand.. Waterford City Viqueens are also recruiting Freshmeat... Open Skate this Friday, details HERE!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Cork City firebirds are starting a new freshmeat course too... email corkcityfirebirds@gmail.com for details!

Are they women only? Or is there a men's team?

10551424_10204104781688706_2880101597481753378_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Bumping this to add that East Coast Cyclones' Open Skate is gonna be Monday the 08th of September at Ballywaltrim Community Center (accessible by 45A & 145, 84/a Bus Routes) from 8pm

Fresh Meat Course will begin the following Monday: same time, same place.

Send a mail-er-roo to eastcoastcyclones@gmail.com with yer shoe size and lets be having ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 xhiler8ion

Hope I'm not spamming the forum, but in case anyone is following this thread desperately waiting for updates - the Boomtown Rollers are hosting open skates over the next three Tuesdays (April 12, 19 and 26) as information evenings prior to the start of their next Fresh Meat.
    More information here:
    facebook.com/BoomtownRollers/

Advertisement