Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I be paid out?

• 08-07-2014 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭

Ok,

long story here.

I got a tip earlier for a 33/1 shot, a friend tipped me up, ten minute walk to the store, wrote it down, the girl over the counter took the bet.

When I got back home it had gone to 6/1, a few minutes later.

No guarantee the bet will win and it is only peanuts my bet, but have they any ground to only pay out 6/1?

it is in my slip at 33/1. Will i be ok? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Odds change all the time. Your payout will be whatever is on your betslip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Ok,

long story here.

I got a tip earlier for a 33/1 shot, a friend tipped me up, ten minute walk to the store, wrote it down, the girl over the counter took the bet.

When I got back home it had gone to 6/1, a few minutes later.

No guarantee the bet will win and it is only peanuts my bet, but have they any ground to only pay out 6/1?

it is in my slip at 33/1. Will i be ok? :(

They will pay at the price the selection was at the time your bet was placed. They will check the time stamp on your bet and check the horse price at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ohbygod

Ur payout will be whatever was the price was at the time u placed the bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Twill ya

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

If you didn't write down the price at the time of betting then you'll be given the finishing price.

• Advertisement

If you didn't write down the price at the time of betting then you'll be given the finishing price.

Not true u get whatever the price is at the time the docket is stamped

Oops i read that wring ignore last post

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Cheers lads for the quick replies. :)

T'was a cricket bet, top batsman to be precise. I backed an opener at 33/1, (not a palp!) to top score, he got off to a flyer, 36 runs scored, he got out, loads others got out for few runs.:)

Except the lad who chinned the bet who went past 36. :mad:

Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

ohbygod wrote: »
    Not true u get whatever the price is at the time the docket is stamped

what bookies do you bet with?? if no price is on the docket you get SP. if you have a price on it, you get whatever the price was at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

;)
    ohbygod wrote: »
    Oops i read that wring ignore last post

i didnt read on, forgive me:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I don't think an opening batsman is ever going to be 33/1 for top scorer in an innings, so its either a palpable error or else was never 33/1.
    6/1 sounds nearer the mark in what is only an eleven horse race (bearing in mind the opener should be one of the more solid batters).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I don't think an opening batsman is ever going to be 33/1 for top scorer in an innings, so its either a palpable error or else was never 33/1.
    6/1 sounds nearer the mark in what is only an eleven horse race (bearing in mind the opener should be one of the more solid batters).

Its a tricky one, the guy bats quite high up the order for Notts in the 4 day stuff , normally top 3, but in t20 bats at 8 or so, bit of an all rounder really.

He was 33/1 as this would be his normal price batting at 7 or 8. However as one of the usual openers was injured and another gone back to Aus, captain confirmed before the previous game he would open. That turned out to be a washout, but not many bookies bothered to check this out. So he was going to open in this game thus my cheeky bet.

It was just crappy pricing really, not a palp. Shame it lost!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Hes only another Louis Saha.

Advertisement