Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booking multi-leg US flight?

• 09-07-2014 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Heading to the States in November, with a couple of stops.

Dublin > LA > Minneapolis > Dublin.

I've sourced decent fares on Edreams and Opodo.

Flying one way etc seems far more expensive.

Just wondering if you guys recommended any other multi-destination websites or approaches?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

IMO you're best to book with the Airline, all the major airlines do multi stop itineraries. If you book with a third party you are often caught between pillar and post if anything goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Go to any airline website and book a multi city or multi stop flight. This allows you to create your own schedule of flights for one price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Use this to identify the cheapest fares, you can't book through this site but bring the details to a travel agent and they'll be able to book it for you.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭billie1b

I booked a multi city in the US through tour america the other day, great help from the staff and cheap, got flights, hotels and resort fees included for cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

hi guys
    thanks very much for the replies...will look into it all and get it sorted
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Ive just come back from a trip that involved Dublin>North Carolina>Denver>Phoenix>North Carolina >Dublin

I agree with the other posters, its best to book with the airline, as if you are delayed etc, they can move you onto next flight. With 3rd parties, you dont really get any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

United airlines are very good for that sort of a trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,183 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

finbarrk wrote: »
    United airlines are very good for that sort of a trip.

Given the inclusion of Minneapolis, I would be surprised if the OP didn't gave to include Delta (old NorthWest) at some point which might tip the pricing their way.

Advertisement