Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The cost of Wrestlemania magic?

• 07-07-2014 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey folks. Apologies if this question has been asked to death......As a life long fan of all professional wrestling (even the british wrestling on ITV on sat afternoon in the 80's) im delighted that my son is coming to the age old enough to travel to wrestlemania. Having never gone myself I wanted to enquire what was a rough cost per person for travel from Ireland for any of ye that travel yearly. Flights from Dublin,WM tickets, meet and greet tickets,accomodation. We were thinking of WM 32 or 33, so we want ti get planning. Thanks in advance for any info.........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

I posted my break down from this years mania few months back, for next year so far we've booked flights and hotel for a week 2 people sharing for about €800 each.

Last year was per person

Flights from Dublin - €465
    7 night apartment share with friends - €245
    Mania ticket Sec 143 - €210 (these seats were great)
    Raw ticket Sec 315 - €35 (would have liked better but couldnt get any)
    Axxcess VIP HBK - €82
    ROH GA - €25
    Dgusa VIP Floor- €28
    Evolve VIP Floor - €28
    An evening with Jim Ross GA - €30
    Wrestlecon - €20

Total €1168

I always book eveything seperate( cause I like to stay for a week/going every year really adds up) but the travel packages take most the work out of it and the seats are great.

Heres last years list for an idea of them http://sescoops.sescoops.netdna-cdn....thepackage.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Retrovin

Thanks very much for the info. Do you start pricing and booking as soon as next venue is announced. Have ya been to many? Which has been your favourite?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Retrovin wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the info. Do you start pricing and booking as soon as next venue is announced. Haveen to many? Which has been your favourite?

Ive been to 25, 28, 29 and 30. Last years was my favourite best show and best buzz around the local area. Last year and this year ive booked the accomidation as soon as they go in sale. Best places at lowest prices, have gorgeous family run b&b this year and had luxury time share apartment last year, both close to everything (use trip advisor and google maps).

Then for flights I set up sky scanner alerts so the lowest price is emailed to me daily.

You have to be on the ball with Raw, VIP axxess and hall of fame tickets. Try presales and general sale as soon as they go in sale. General admission axxcess and Wreslemania less so, sometimes better seats for mania are relealsed closer the time

Id highly recommend a trip to axxess for your son, wrestlecon and hall of fame less so but maybe for you.

Nice. You've been to good ones so. I've noticed the crowds at Hall of fame tend to be that little bit older alright with not many kids. I think the axxcess and Raw are a must alright and might try get to a local company event(location depending). Thanks again for all info man. Much appreciated. Hope you enjoy WM 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the costs will vary depending on city. hotels in places like new york, san francisco, miami and new orleans are expensive at the best of times with nothing major happening in town.

my costs for this years trip..
    flights €530 (that included couple of days in new york first)
    mania ticket was €105, second tier of the stadium, fine view
    raw ticket was €36 and we were up in the top tier but still great view
    5 nights in new orleans hotels sharing a twin room €290 per person

stuff like taxi fares, food, merchandise etc can really eat into your budget. new orleans was great in that you could easily walk to all venues but in some cities the site of wrestlemania is 10-15 miles away from where raw and hof are being held (miami for 28, phoenix for 26 examples of this)

• Advertisement

I suppose the bigger cities are bound to more expensive especially when WM rolls into town. Starting to get fair idea of rough flight and accomodation costs. Spending money is personsl preference as rinossie 1977 pointed out can be expensive. I think I read somewhere that WM tickets have been increasing year on year. Have ye found this? I often wondered how many travel every year, because I've seen a few tri colours in the crowd over the years.

Advertisement