Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Intake 4!!! 1309 campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

27 shortly. Male. From NW originally. Good sense of humour. Enjoy long walks in the park. What else you like to know Novak? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 45 active_edge

Yip. One just ordered. I didn't realise you could get them in an asymmetrical format. The postman will be busy this week! :)

Can't believe you ordered a mankini, they're on the scale of issue in GV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Yip. One just ordered. I didn't realise you could get them in an asymmetrical format. The postman will be busy this week! :)

See now this is the bit that pisses me off cos I'm sitting here thinking "if I was going to GV with you I'd be buying one for you just for the craic" but I'm not so I won't :'( if no one shows up with one for you Fenners I'll be very disappointed lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

Changing the subject slightly.

I think we all got in at the right time as for the next campaign the starting salary considerably less with people starting at about 19k.

Although the salary does eventually end up at the same level its takes a while and I have noticed that alot of us on here are taking pay cuts to start at 23.5k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

I was wondering about this salary thing, do you reckon without giving away our start dates I suppose that those who start before 1st sept 2014 still remain on the higher starting salary and those who start from this campaign after 1st sept 2014 get put on 19k or will ones before 1st sept drop down to 19k after that date? Is there also some allowance of 2k added onto salary as well, I was reading somewhere I think or was it my imagination

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Sdcharger wrote: »
    I was wondering about this salary thing, do you reckon without giving away our start dates I suppose that those who start before 1st sept 2014 still remain on the higher starting salary and those who start from this campaign after 1st sept 2014 get put on 19k or will ones before 1st sept drop down to 19k after that date? Is there also some allowance of 2k added onto salary as well, I was reading somewhere I think or was it my imagination

It's 3k on top of your salary, it's subject to tax. Works out around £260 a month

19087 wrote: »
    It's 3k on top of your salary, it's subject to tax. Works out around £260 a month

Ah nice one that's great cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Dont think they will reduce salary for those in this campaign will they? I know if that happened to me, i would be severely browned off if those a few months ahead of us are on better pay.

Dont think they will reduce salary for those in this campaign will they? I know if that happened to me, i would be severely browned off if those a few months ahead of us are on better pay.

well its effective from 1st sept 2014 so I guess they have no choice if that's what was agreed and people are going to be annoyed anyway as there will be people employed non-stop over the next year or two with these 2 campaigns, still it does seem to balance out ok in the long run, I've no complaints on the salary :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

You would think they would have notified people though in that case? Give a chance for those who aren't happy to withdraw instead of blowing money on them and their medical-vetting etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

You would think they would have notified people though in that case? Give a chance for those who aren't happy to withdraw instead of blowing money on them and their medical-vetting etc

I haven't really looked at this Windsor report that's caused the decrease in pay but would there still be an immediate increase right after finishing GV as I think there is now?

Yes. The training is 19k and then goes up to 23k from what I remember. I also remember reading somewhere that it was with effect from April 2015 (can't remember where tho). Does it say that it is def sept 2014?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 active_edge

Presumably there will be some literature for us this week? And online learning links?

Yes. The training is 19k and then goes up to 23k from what I remember. I also remember reading somewhere that it was with effect from April 2015 (can't remember where tho). Does it say that it is def sept 2014?

I THINK so, like I said I haven't really looked at it too much but I seem to remember that being the month mentioned on a link someone posted. It also seems to be the month everyone's concerned about so majority rules haha you handed the notice in yet Fenners? Did mine yesterday, 3 shifts left cannot wait to be done!

Oh get me. Was looking at the sgt one...duh...not in yet and already getting promotion :)

Presumably there will be some literature for us this week? And online learning links?

I didn't think we got access to the online learning until after our induction. Would be nice if I'm wrong, I bet it's all interesting stuff, it'll bring out the bookworm in me anyway! The woman on the phone said though we'd be getting our letters/welcome packs (remind anyone of Harry Potter? :P) this week.

I THINK so, like I said I haven't really looked at it too much but I seem to remember that being the month mentioned on a link someone posted. It also seems to be the month everyone's concerned about so majority rules haha you handed the notice in yet Fenners? Did mine yesterday, 3 shifts left cannot wait to be done!

3 shifts? That all? You must be holidaying or something?

I was in work when I got the call and I had already told my boss about expecting it. She sat behind me and cried no! Lol

Really must put it in writing tho

3 shifts? That all? You must be holidaying or something?

I was in work when I got the call and I had already told my boss about expecting it. She sat behind me and cried no! Lol

Really must put it in writing tho

Haha I'm only a part timer in the current job (just finished uni! Yes, I will be the baby faced runt who looks about 17 when you'll see me on induction). My mum was beside me in the car when it happened, I pulled in to answer, gave her the nod it was the call and she immediately burst into tears haha

On a different note, could someone do me a favour and see if they can get this link to work?

http://goo.gl/sCdpQw

It's the uniform style guide, I was looking at it about a month ago but for some reason I can't get it to open anymore. If anyone can get it to work you'll see you're gonna have to clear out your cupboards, the amount of kit is crazy haha

Haha I'm only a part timer in the current job (just finished uni! Yes, I will be the baby faced runt who looks about 17 when you'll see me on induction). My mum was beside me in the car when it happened, I pulled in to answer, gave her the nod it was the call and she immediately burst into tears haha

On a different note, could someone do me a favour and see if they can get this link to work?

http://goo.gl/sCdpQw

It's the uniform style guide, I was looking at it about a month ago but for some reason I can't get it to open anymore. If anyone can get it to work you'll see you're gonna have to clear out your cupboards, the amount of kit is crazy haha

I think I would just have done an emergency stop wherever I was lol

Aye looking 17...has this whole process not given you grey hair or made you lose some?

No it won't open for me either but if what you're saying is true I might see a few of you in ikea tomorrow doing some wardrobe shopping!?lol

• Advertisement

I think I would just have done an emergency stop wherever I was lol

Aye looking 17...has this whole process not given you grey hair or made you lose some?

No it won't open for me either but if what you're saying is true I might see a few of you in ikea tomorrow doing some wardrobe shopping!?lol

Haha well a grey or two on the chest but that's about it! Also if anyone's interested in the style guide, computer whizz kid here figured it out :P here's the link. The personal highlights being the 12 shirts and 5 pairs of trousers (page 19 of 59 of the PDF) haha

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

Hi all, just reading through the posts there and can anyone tell me what the extra £3k is for? And is that on top of your wage??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Sgtmort wrote: »
    Hi all, just reading through the posts there and can anyone tell me what the extra £3k is for? And is that on top of your wage??

It's essentially danger money, under a nicer and more peacetime name! To cover having to live further away from work and driving different routes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PT93

Big congrats to everyone who got the call :) , was this intake still all A's and A*'s then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

PT93 wrote: »
    Big congrats to everyone who got the call :) , was this intake still all A's and A*'s then?

Thanks.

I can't speak for everyone but I got an A.

PT93 wrote: »

I got an A as well. Don't think they've got round to calling anyone in the 60s yet, at least no boardies in the 60s as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PT93

Cheers for the info, all the best in Gville :D , passed medical last week and sitting on 69, fingers crossed its our turn next :)

Hmm with this money debate going on it's just occurred to me that although we start in August our first pay isn't until September so I wonder will we be on the 19k? Maybe the welcome pack will have some info, if not I guess we'll be waiting till our induction lol

Hmm with this money debate going on it's just occurred to me that although we start in August our first pay isn't until September so I wonder will we be on the 19k? Maybe the welcome pack will have some info, if not I guess we'll be waiting till our induction lol

Great minds and all that. Although if we start in August then we should be on the old pay scale...right?? As everything changes from September...

• Advertisement

Great minds and all that. Although if we start in August then we should be on the old pay scale...right?? As everything changes from September...

You would definitely like to think so! Technically we're starting before the change (even if it is just by a week) so fingers crossed it won't affect us...

Advertisement