Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Overnight Kayak

• 24-06-2014 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi all

Myself and my buddies are going on a camping trip before one of our long term friends heads for asia to live and work.

Our spot is out on an island on a lake in Galway.. Galway is where im situated

Im looking to rent a kayak for the night or even to buy a dinghy for under 100 euro

Can anyone help out with suggestons please. I have seen some ok dinghy on ebay but i dont have paypal and i think by the time i set that up and order one.. it may not be here on time...

The excursion is on Friday 4th July

Thanks All :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,032 ✭✭✭✭neris

you might get better info on the canoeing/kayak board

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

thanks .. i wasnt aware there was one! can i move myself or will a mod do that for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

This reads like the start of an incident report.

To be honest if you are not an experienced paddler it's not a great idea. There are some great places to wild camp in galway you could have a great time without going near the water.

thanks for your advice.... but no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

blueb wrote: »
    thanks for your advice.... but no

why ask for advice if you're just going to ignore it :confused:

• Advertisement

ec18 wrote: »
    why ask for advice if you're just going to ignore it :confused:
    if you read the post im not asking if you think its a good idea......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

Fair enough.......Adrian's correct though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

You're speaking to people who are experienced paddlers here. What you're suggesting is a bad idea and could end with death. We generally don't help people top themselves around here. :)

so if your not an experienced paddler do not go on the water?????

how are you suppost to get experience? im not paying for lessons

feck it im not bothered anyway.. i got a boat and doing it so this thread can be closed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭nookie

This post has been deleted.

do you think 2 footballs in a backpack would be ok as a life jacket? the light dora the explorer ones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

lol. Where did you get the boat by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

you should join a kayak / canoe club. that way you get to use the gear and improve your skills over a year. they are not mad expensive to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

feck it im not bothered anyway.. i got a boat and doing it so this thread can be closed

I hope you have an enjoyable trip. If you ever do need some advice on paddling in the future, drop on by :)

thank you ;)

Advertisement