Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dropping out of college

Options
  • 01-07-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I'm dropping out of DIT as I dislike my course. Just wondering how I go about it? Do I ring the college or is there a form I have to fill out? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I'm dropping out of DIT as I dislike my course. Just wondering how I go about it? Do I ring the college or is there a form I have to fill out? Thanks

Just drop into the student services office and they'll be able to help you out. The one in Aungier covers south side campuses (campi?) and the one in Bolton covers Northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 petersullivan5

I can't drop into DIT as I'm not living in Dublin and won't be there for a while, is there an alternative way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

It is really important to send in the deferral/ withdrawal form otherwise it could have implications later re fees etc if you ever want to go back to another college or course in the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

actually your best bet is to simply email the registration.service@dit.ie - the academic year is over so technically at the moment you are not a student.

You dont say what year you are in but if you didnt pass all your exams for the year you are in then you wont be ask to return for the next academic year. You will be invited to repeat in the supplementals if you wish but that is up to you. If you dont wish to repeat then just contact the relevant exams office.

If you were successful in the year you are in then you will be invited to progress into the next year. This will happen august/september. If you dont intend to return then simply email the registration.service@dit.ie

Hope this makes sense. You dont need to complete the withdrawal form as the academic year is over

• Advertisement
Advertisement