Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My top 5 Star Trek Ships

• 13-05-2003 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

1. Prometheus Class

View Ship
    Ship Statistics

- regenerative shielding
    - oblative armour
    - multi-vector assault mode, whereby the ship parts into three sections each armed and responding to commands from the bridge
    - ability to travel at warp 9.9 (which made it the fastest vessel in Starfleet after the Intrepid class which could sustain 9.975), enabling the ship to reach assignments fast (and if necessary flee quickly too)

I mean cmon, no contest!

More info & pics

2. Sovereign Class

View Ship
    Ship Statistics

The ultimate high tech enterprise, way more advanced than the Galaxy Class

More info & pics

3. Negh'Var Class

View Ship
    Ship Statistics

Klingon Flag Ship, 20 disruptors, 1 huge forward disruptor, 4 torpedo launchers and a crew of 2500. Not to bad looking too :D

can't find more info (help?)

4. Galaxy-X Class

View Ship
    Ship Statistics

It is an upgraded Galaxy class, with the most obvious change being the additin of an extra warp nacell. The class has many more upgrades, including a powerfull forward phaser, a cloaking device and the abilty to travel at warp 13

More info & pics

5. Wells Class

View Ship

Temporal ship 1,000 years more advanced than anything else, nough said.

More info & pics click next page for more pics

[edit]Links fixed[/edit]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

but there are really loads of other ships like the Akira Class, Dominion Battle Cruiser, Borg Cube and the Dauntless. But i had to pick 5 :)

Oh and the cardassian beast the Hutet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Not sure about my favourites but really like, sovereign class, defiant class, the large jem'hadar battle crusier, akira class is a nice ship, (yeah the prometheus rocks, dauntless was nice also), the new romulan warbirds from nemesis (i think it is still d'deridex class?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Galaxy Class is my favourite.. I still have the little micromachine above me monitor.. :D

Originally posted by Xithus
    Galaxy Class is my favourite.. I still have the little micromachine above me monitor.. :D

original or X variant?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Originally posted by STaN
    It is an upgraded Galaxy class, with the most obvious change being the additin of an extra warp nacell. The class has many more upgrades, including a powerfull forward phaser, a cloaking device and the abilty to travel at warp 13

Warp 13? Elaborate.

• Advertisement

In 2270 it was realized that even this theoretical transwarp domain was only part of the whole structure. The theory allowed for an infinite number of such domains, each separated by a warp barrier. Throughout the early 2270's there was a huge effort to discover whether these transwarp domains where just theoretical constructs, or where actually real. In 2273 the Starfleet science vessel USS Wanderer conducted a subspace particle dissipation experiment which proved conclusively that not only did transwarp domains actually exist, but that under certain circumstances it was possible for matter to circumvent the warp barrier and pass into the transwarp domain.

Theoretical and practical studies quickly established that at a point infinitesimally past Warp 10, the warp factor exponent fell from infinity to zero and then began to gradually rise again. By Warp 11 the exponent reached 13/3, after which it mirrors the behaviour of the normal warp curve. A Warp 19 the exponent begins to climb, again reaching infinity at warp 20 to form the next warp barrier. The whole process is repeated again in the second transwarp domain, and again in the third, and so on. In each domain the 'steady' central value of the exponent increases linearly - from 10/3 in the warp domain to 13/3 in the first transwarp domain, 16/3 in the second, then 19/3, 22/3, and so on.

The speeds of warp factors within the warp domain and the first two transwarp domains can be seen on following chart.

twspeed.gif

Lots of interesting information on Warp and Transwarp here

Shows how fast each is too

Originally posted by STaN
    original or X variant?

NCC 1701D no bloody A, B, C or X !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

im awe struck a treky sadder than me :D we trekys truely have no grasp on reality lol (im not trying to offend you stan just a joke)

my fav ships

1.Sov class star trek 10 refit (looks like its going warp 9 standing still)
    2.Borg taticle cube (only seen twice but amazeing looking with the extra armor)
    3.Scimitar class romulan warbird (so so powerful)
    4.Type 9 shuttle just looks cool
    5.Galaxy class and the x refit .........who doesnt love those 2 ships

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Delta Flyer
    Prometheus
    Dauntless
    Enterprise-E
    Species 8472 BioShip (soo cool)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Humm.. i understand about the warp 13 thing, but what confuses me is in the episode of voyager where they go past warp 9.9 and they "evolve". was the theory of the transwarp domain created after or before that episode of voyager?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

constellation class are so cool and also the Defiant Class and also the galaxy class
    :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Xithus, I have exactly the same thing above my monitor :D
    Personally my favourite ship is the Galaxy-X because I think it looks so cool and it moves away from the usual 2 nacelles, saucer et al. Ok, not by much but it's enough to make it look more interesting than most of the classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spock

Enterprise 1701-A
    Klingon Bird-of-prey
    Galaxy Class ship
    Anything Khans in
    Romulan Warbird

• Registered Users Posts: 20,876 ✭✭✭✭Stark

woah stan, didn't figure you for a trekkie. The strange thing is I was actually fascinated by all those technical specs :eek: especially the transwarp domains

My favourite classes would be

prometheus
    galaxy/galaxy x
    sovereign
    intrepid
    dauntless if it existed ;)

Originally posted by Sloth
    Xithus, I have exactly the same thing above my monitor :D

Ahhh.. but is it the generations special one ? With the seperating saucer section :D

i don't really like the intrepid class don't think it looks fantastic and probably as its not the ship of the line, like least with the enterprise you knew it was the best in the fleet, or the defiant the federations only realy warship with cloak and it being a prototype and all that, but jesus voyager isn't even the prototype not does it carry the name enterprise, no prestige no nothing.

i liked the nova class equinox though looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,876 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Well Voyager did have the bioneural gel circuitry which I liked as it showed the interest at the time into neural net research in computers, and the use of biology to make computers faster. It was also the fastest ship at the time, was small and built for manoeuvrability. Engineering looked cool which the blue cloud warp reactor.

As time went by though it began to show its age. A couple of hardware upgrades would have been nice, the script writers had plenty of time to do this, and many of the episodes showed them considering trading for new weapons/sheilds etc. There were rumours for ages, of voyager being abandoned and replaced with a new ship although that sounded very impluasable. The introduction of the Duantless at the end of season 4 was nice because it provided a tease for people buying into those rumours. I think in the end the rumours ended up being about the delta flyer (which was a nice ship, and looked a lot bigger in some scenes than in others)

ya the df was like 24 meters wide even though voyagers shuttle bay was only like 14 meters wide (numbers might be compleat bull but the fact is true)

and its true voyager always looked like the ship you give to a newbe captian where as the sov and galaxy class are the real toys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Species 8472 Bio-Ship or that ship that was in the Voyager ep "Year of Hell", can't remember it's name (if it had one) but it was cool.

The chrono ship or temporal warship or something was it? any takers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

warbird.jpg

D'deridex-class A-type Warbird
    The A-type Warbird is considered the flagship class of the Romulan Warfleet. It is the largest vessel ever built by the Romulan Star Empire and currently out-classes any Federation starship in existence, including the new Sovereign-class starship. With its massive array of weapons, which includes 6 plasma torpedo bays and 10 disruptor cannons, the A-type is one of the most feared warships in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants.

i wish to contest your point that it outclasses any ship in the federation fleet, galaxy class could stand up against and i'm sure a sovereign class could kick some serious ass against it, that class of warbird is old its been round the quadrant so to speak and now the romulans have there new warbird

good info on romulan ships here, though the length of the new warbird is contradictory to the information on the official nemsis site

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/romulan_ships.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

calm boyeee just quoted from a site :)

The chrono ship or temporal warship or something was it? any takers?

The wells class time ship :)

Secondly the romulan warbird isnt even a match of a normal Galaxy class unless they where cloaked and the galaxy didnt find them

The sovy has something like 8 normal Photon torps 1 x Rapid fire quantum torpedo tube 16 type XII phazer arrays (i think) hull armour etc etc etc

A warbird wouldnt have a donkeys hope at a red neck sex show

Originally posted by bizmark

The sovy has something like 8 normal Photon torps 1 x Rapid fire quantum torpedo tube 16 type XII phazer arrays (i think) hull armour etc etc etc

yet for some reason it fired photon torpedo's in nemesis i think? WTF?

Cool pic stan

yet for some reason it fired photon torpedo's in nemesis i think?

na they fired Q-torps too but remember Quantums are still rear in the fed and the sovy would only have 30 or so where as they would have 200+ photons

so the enterprise has to fire 200+ photons before it can fire quantums?

no quantums can only be fired from the quantum turret and not from the normal photon launchers

so they can fire quantums till the cows come home (or untill they run out) but only one tube can fire them and only from the front of the ship

i think

• Advertisement

hmm bit ridculous they didn't fire them against the scimitar then isn't it? i just think it was an oversight, they launched them straight away against the borg sphere

Advertisement