Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mortal Kombat X discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Nutrient wrote: »
    Cassie has baraka double kicks!??!

tumblr_inline_mntu1a2PUW1qz4rgp.gif

Confirmed low tier

lol that gif was 100% my reaction when i saw her doing it.
    wait...there barakas...uh oh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

I hope to god they fix her neck...

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Just announce Jax and I'll buy the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Cassie's looking a lot more Blade than she is Cage. She seems to play very Sonya-esque. Perhaps she'll have Johnny's attitude and be a complete douchebag.
    That's the first gameplay I've seen of Kotal as well (not including that swift shot of him fatality-ing someone at E3). He doesn't really grab my interest too much though. Also, those X-Rays are vicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Cassie is mine >: )

• Advertisement

deathrider wrote: »
    Cassie's looking a lot more Blade than she is Cage. She seems to play very Sonya-esque. Perhaps she'll have Johnny's attitude and be a complete douchebag.
    That's the first gameplay I've seen of Kotal as well (not including that swift shot of him fatality-ing someone at E3). He doesn't really grab my interest too much though. Also, those X-Rays are vicious!

the style they didnt show is called "hollywood", say thats more cage like but ye agree with ya from whats shown she seems to take after her mother more.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Cassie is mine >: )

if mileena or tanya come along she's all yours :P

if mileena or tanya come along she's all yours :P

Tanya actually has a fan?

maaaaaaaaannn tanya is legit. you just hating cause she stole cammys drill cannon and screwed over edenia.

i do think her story/character cool though and with her being connected to shinnok and there being a heavy call to put him in mkx, she might just make it in for use in story mode

maaaaaaaaannn tanya is legit. you just hating cause she stole cammys drill cannon and screwed over edenia.

i do think her story/character cool though and with her being connected to shinnok and there being a heavy call to put him in mkx, she might just make it in for use in story mode

I'm hating on her because she looks like a pop star and her name's Tanya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Tanya is sick doe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Did anyone else actually notice that Sub-Zero is officially back from the dead, if this is in fact a carry on of MK9?

Gimme dat zombie Liu Kang NRS, I need my postman pat bnb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Did anyone else actually notice that Sub-Zero is officially back from the dead, if this is in fact a carry on of MK9?

Probably a 3rd sub zero, who knows

I'm hating on her because she looks like a pop star and her name's Tanya.

....ill remember you said that. :p
    Kuro Tao wrote: »

yea boon said story mode will explain.
    luke told me a rumor that if true would be pretty crazy but theres loads rumors flying about at the min

TECHNICALLY we dont know 100% kang is dead, he passes out after radien zaps him but when raiden and friends tele away, kang goes with them.
    also heard some rumors that he's going to be end game boss in this game that shao gone.

why must i wait 10 months :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

I know its early days but man that Cassie Cage model is crap looking. It looks like a Killer instinct 1 model on the snes. I have noticed with NRS, especially Injustice that some of the graphics are crap. I think they have a dodgy artist or two working on Injustice and I suspect that Cassie Cage is a victim of the same artist :).

An few examples of what I am talking about:
    The texture background on Scorpions final pose when he wins. (so crap)
    The vine/wreath on Zods victory pose ( a tube rendered with a crap leaf texture)
    The whole background on Martian Manhunter on his victory pose. (Rocks rendered through a crap sand texture)
    Hmmm (I just noticed that they are all DLC characters).

Loads of bad art in the story mode.

Anyway, There are some amazing art work in their games and the concept art is great. MK9 was much more consistent than Injustice IMO. Its not that its bad but inconsistent.

My money is on this being a third Subby, Kuro. Apparently the hasn't will span about 25 years of story, so I'd imagine it's a descendant of the Sub-Zero brothers that we knew.

Evil Kang sounds very plausible. Boon did say the final boss would be a "surprise returning character" so that fits the bill. Also, the fight between Raiden and Kang happened after Raidem fought the souls of the dead characters, from what I can recall, so it's wide open.

On the point of Cassie Cage looking bad, she's got her mother's jawline. She could never look good!

My money is on this being a third Subby, Kuro. Apparently the hasn't will span about 25 years of story, so I'd imagine it's a descendant of the Sub-Zero brothers that we knew.

Evil Kang sounds very plausible. Boon did say the final boss would be a "surprise returning character" so that fits the bill. Also, the fight between Raiden and Kang happened after Raidem fought the souls of the dead characters, from what I can recall, so it's wide open.

On the point of Cassie Cage looking bad, she's got her mother's jawline. She could never look good!

ill be sad if radien doesnt get in the game, i want johnny to always be in the car ;)

ah id say the cassie model could just look a bit off cause it was a early demo so they mightnt finished the model 100% yet, the neck has to be fixed though lol

wait.....what if....kitana is the "big bad" coming back from the dead???
    evil kitana! who would see that koming

ill be sad if radien doesnt get in the game, i want johnny to always be in the car ;)

ah id say the cassie model could just look a bit off cause it was a early demo so they mightnt finished the model 100% yet, the neck has to be fixed though lol

wait.....what if....kitana is the "big bad" coming back from the dead???
    evil kitana! who would see that koming

Evil Kitana? I'd be her biggest fan!

Evil Kitana? I'd be her biggest fan!

tumblr_m3m6lkTtHO1qgs0sio1_500.gif

Exactly! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

About the new style system, lads. I just had an idea. What if you could change styles mid-game. No I'm not talking like the older MK's where it was awkward and ruined the games... I mean between rounds. You get K.O'd by a very aggressive player so you hold left, up or right and your wake-up animation for round 2 is now altered to show your style change... like with Ferra/Torr one of their styles has Ferra missing so during the wake-up animation you'd see her come in or run away. Or with Scorpion he'd pull out his swords or drop them.

I think this would be a great addition especially if it's dynamic and doesn't even bring up any menus, just hold a button down and the style changes, no waiting around. Your opponent wouldn't be able to know which style you're picking until the round already starts with the new stance. I can already imagine crowds getting hyped at competitive play when someone changes style to tank/projectile/combo/whatever based on how won/lost.

Ah, I hope the development team has thought of that and at least considered it.

• Advertisement

That's an interesting idea, and I can definitely imagine the hype that would go with it too. The flip side to this though, is that it could easily become a counter pick game them. You've got three rounds to play the roulette wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

That's an interesting idea, and I can definitely imagine the hype that would go with it too. The flip side to this though, is that it could easily become a counter pick game them. You've got three rounds to play the roulette wheel.

I can definitely see that happening if it showed you what style were picking - but if it was hidden just like the clash system in Injustice, there'd be no real way to predict what your opponent will do for the second round. Besides, there's nothing stopping people already from seeing what style you pick and choosing something against it - unless they add the hidden cursor thing like they did in MK9 so you can't see what character OR style they've picked...

I can definitely see that happening if it showed you what style were picking - but if it was hidden just like the clash system in Injustice, there'd be no real way to predict what your opponent will do for the second round. Besides, there's nothing stopping people already from seeing what style you pick and choosing something against it - unless they add the hidden cursor thing like they did in MK9 so you can't see what character OR style they've picked...

yea id say a hidden select option will well be put in for sure.
    it be pretty dumb if it only worked for the character aand not the style so im guessin it would cover both character and style pick

just wait for the DLC styles to pop out aswell :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

its cool to see the run button making a return

its cool to see the run button making a return

I wasn't really a big fan of it back in the day. Some well timed dashing will do me.

well looking forward to the character reveal at evo :D:D:D
    be nice if they showed off more than one.

radien reveal video

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

...I'm shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Electrified ever since his reveal

Shocked to see his move set has remained somewhat static from MK9

That X-ray move of his looks like it really hertz, reVolting to watch

Better pull the plug on this before it gets too conFusing, Ohm off for now.

• Advertisement

Nutrient wrote: »
    Electrified ever since his reveal

Shocked to see his move set has remained somewhat static from MK9

That X-ray move of his looks like it really hertz, reVolting to watch

Better pull the plug on this before it gets too conFusing, Ohm off for now.

ohm +1

Advertisement