Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiqa inspection officers

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jamoley

Still haven't heard anything either. Kinda not looking great for my chances I'm guessing at this stage.

Gratz on the job bluethunder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bluethunder

Thanks guys. If anyone has been waiting for a response longer than what they were told then perhaps it might be an idea to get in touch? I sent an email to them (cause I was terribly impatient and couldn't stand the waiting) and got a call a few hours later with the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Roger Careful Pussycat

I emailed and got an offer not long after either. So it might be an idea to get in touch.

Congrats bluethunder. Im delighted for you and anyone who got it!

I emailed and got an offer not long after either. So it might be an idea to get in touch.

Perhaps you might clarify for the other posters: did you get an offer of a post or did they offer you a place on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Roger Careful Pussycat

They offered me a post in dublin. I couldnt take it as we are moving to cork for my husbands job. I had applied for cork and interviewed in cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Sir Nonchalant

Well, fired off an email there and got an "Out of Office" response... :-/

Oh well, I'd call but I suspect if they'd wanted me they'd know where to get me. Never gotten that far in the process before and did like the sound of the job. Looks like time to move elsewhere though.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

Has anyone been able to contact a member of HIQA to get a response other than those who have confirmed they got an offer on here already (bluethunder & Roger Careful Pussycat).

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭roe_cat

Haven't tried contacting them- but was told it would be about two weeks - was 2 weeks yesterday so haven't actually been waiting that long even if it feels like forever...

Nidot wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to contact a member of HIQA to get a response other than those who have confirmed they got an offer on here already (bluethunder & Roger Careful Pussycat).

Just an out of office email reply and then I left a voice mail.

Looking like I'll have to restart the job hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Cyclonius

No news here either. I did my interview on the 28th, and was told I'd hear in about 10 days or so. I've sent them an email a couple of minutes ago, and got an out of office reply as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 mealosh

Hi everyone. As someone mentioned above, I wasn't actually aware of this thread until another candidate mentioned it at the assestment day. I'm not sure what way HIQA are moving through the list in terms of contacting people, but I just wanted to let you know that I was contacted around lunchtime on Tuesday with an offer of one of the Dublin roles. I will be accepting it, but for the people that haven't been contacted yet, don't give up hope! The offers are only provisional really because several references still have to be submitted, and a medical/garda vetting has to be passed. Technically, they can still withdraw the offer!

Anybody hear anything today?

Just got my refusal email there. Time to resume job search.

Just got a refusal (fully expected at this stage).
    Had finally emailed them to ask about an hour ago so don't know if that prompted the response...
    Congrats to those who got offers and thanks for the updates!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

Got my rejection email today. Suppose it's good to know.

Same as myself, got an email telling me I was unsuccessful about 30 minutes ago. You're right, it's good to know one way or the other, though it is a bit of a pain to come away empty handed after such a drawn-out process.

Anyone else thinking of contacting them for feedback? It was my first time at a set-up like that and I felt I did well at the interview itself but was a little lost in the tasks. Could probably do with a review.

Well done to those who made it, I won't pretend not to be envious but ye certainly earned it!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

I thought I did pretty well too. I'll definitely be getting the feedback. It's only the second interview I've ever had so it would be nice to see what I did wrong and what I got right.

Hard luck everybody. As someone who has done a lot of interviews in the past few years I would highly recommend asking for feedback. I reckon most employers have an expectation that serious candidates will ask for feedback. You can find out where you need to improve and also give a good impression should a position come up in the future.

Interestingly, I thought I did poor in the interview but relatively good in the other two tasks.

Sound advice, bluethunder. Even beyond looking like a serious candidate, it should help get some idea of what I could have done better.
    Interestingly, I thought I did poor in the interview but relatively good in the other two tasks.

That is interesting, I suppose it makes sense though. I wouldn't be surprised if the two tasks were almost weighted as more important than the interview itself, anyone can talk a good game but it's a different thing to put your money where your mouth is in the tasks. Found them a little vague myself...which I guess explains this outcome for me.

Got my feedback there about my performance.

Fell down badly on analytical with a whopping 6 out of 20. Everything else was mid teens...

Guess I'll need better examples for interview next time.

Got my feedback too. Not very good for my self esteem but useful to know quite how badly I did on the interview (That would be 4s and 5s...).

At least I know that I'd be able to prepare a lot better for any future public service type competency-based interview - but really annoying thing is I know I could have gone in and just made up examples of a time I showed leadership/influenced other, etc. to suit each question. Certainly not convinced of the usefulness of this type of interview...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ScarletFeather

I am debating filling out the application form for the children's service inspector which is currently advertised on HIQA.ie. It is based in Dublin but the only way I would accept it if I was based in Cork. I am currently in employment where I am content so if I was successful I would happily sit on a panel until a job came up. It states that a panel will be filled for Cork and Dublin for future posts. Do you think I am wasting my time applying for this job since it is in Dublin, or could I just go on the panel if I was successful? Anyone who applied have experience of this panel system? Could I select Cork only.
    Thanks in advance
    (BTW, I am doubting how successful I would be based on the posts here...sounds like a very thorough process)

I decided to apply anyway and if successful will ask them more about the panel in Cork. Hopefully I get to next stage. If anyone who has been through the process is still reading this thread I would be delighted to get any further information if ye would be kind enough to share!!

Hello ScarletFeather,

Just stumbled back into this thread, didn't expect to see any other comments. I think you're right to apply just to see if you can get on a panel and maybe get a post closer to where you're situated.

I checked out the candidate information booklet for the post you're talking about and it looks like a nice post. The process looks very different from the one for the Regulatory Officer one that many of the recent posts here are about though; we had a lot of assessments etc and it was a lower grade role. I felt they were very nice to interview with FWIW.

Best of luck with your application, hope it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mdolly123

To my knowledge these jobs will be advertised on HIQA website and on Publicjobs too

• Registered Users Posts: 3 *ci*

Hey guys. I'm seriously interested in a HIQA inspector job. They are advertising again. Any tips to make it through the application?! Also I'm quite young.. Do you think that would make a difference or would some specific training be given? I have 2 years res experience. Thanks

Hi Ci. Well its definitely worth applying. Im going to apply again. However i would say its a very competitive process. I have 8 years childrens residential experience and a masters in a related area and i didnt even get shortlisted last time. Im going to try again though and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

Has anyone applied recently? How long does it take from when you send an application until they get back to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lightblue22

Has anyone applied lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jenson86

Hi all,

Not sure if this thread is still alive but would appreciate any advice or insight into the interview process. They are recruiting again for inspectors and I’m going to give it a go. I’m a nurse with experience in management.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Lk_mill

Hi all. I stumbled on this thread while researching hiqa jobs. I am interested in applying for an inspector role in regulation. Has anyone any insight on what hiqa are like to work for? The post would be homeworking with a minimum number of days at office in Dublin

Advertisement