Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Wii U - MK 8, W101, WWHD simulataneously.They all compliment each other quite nicely.

3DS - Nothing lately for a while but I'm going back to Resi Revelations and Luigi's Mansion 2 to finish them off soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Tamodachi Life is weird. Hearing your Mii talk to you, saying "My name is Banjo, my nickname is Banjo, my birthday is..." is a bit odd but when he starts talking about how he looks just like you and he's hungry and he likes pizza... it's like a child-friendly Japanese horror movie adapted from The Sims where your soul gets trapped in a 3DS unless you send a demo code to 3 people within 7 days. Haven't played enough to give you an opinion yet.

Anyone want to volunteer their Mii by QR code to live in Ninyopia?

Mariokart just delivered - That will be taking centre stage on Wii U for a while, with LoZ Wind Waker filling up my HDD as the free game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

3DS - Playing Mario Kart 7 while trying to convince my gf to go halfs on a WiiU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    you play any of the Prime games? They're like First Person 3D versions of Super Metroid. So basically, they're brilliant!

Wanna round off the 2D series firsthand. Would've loved to have nabbed one of those Prime Trilogy during the Tesco free-for-all, but by all accounts, most who spotted a few copies ended up buying the shelf to sell on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Wanna round off the 2D series firsthand. Would've loved to have nabbed one of those Prime Trilogy during the Tesco free-for-all, but by all accounts, most who spotted a few copies ended up buying the shelf to sell on.

Shame about that alright.

Only got a 3DSXL recently so alternating between Mario 3D Land special levels and A Link Between Worlds. 3D Land is brilliant altogether, Zelda is fairly cool - not finding it as addictive as I had hoped it would be - feels a bit too similar to A Link to the Past.

Great little machine though, delighted I got it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Banjo wrote: »
    Tamodachi Life is weird. Hearing your Mii talk to you, saying "My name is Banjo, my nickname is Banjo, my birthday is..." is a bit odd but when he starts talking about how he looks just like you and he's hungry and he likes pizza... it's like a child-friendly Japanese horror movie adapted from The Sims where your soul gets trapped in a 3DS unless you send a demo code to 3 people within 7 days. Haven't played enough to give you an opinion yet.

Anyone want to volunteer their Mii by QR code to live in Ninyopia?

Mariokart just delivered - That will be taking centre stage on Wii U for a while, with LoZ Wind Waker filling up my HDD as the free game.
    How does that work? :o

Sounds really interesting.

No that's not true, that's a reference to The Ring.
    Unless it is true, and I've saved my soul by passing the curse to Damo.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Samara says hi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Dragon Quest VI on the DS, one of them cheap ones from tesco. Not digging it at all :( Its so boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 HavelTheRock

Played some Kid Icarus last night. The control scheme is so hard to get used to but the game itself it brilliant. How I wish it has circle pad pro compatibility.

• Advertisement

Samara says hi!

Don't you mean Sadako? I said The Ring, not The Travesty...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Banjo wrote: »
    Don't you mean Sadako? I said The Ring, not The Travesty...

You know I don't speak Spanish...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I am trying to find some MK8 time but stuff gets in the way.
    I am, however, playing a good bit of NSMB2, Super Mario 3D Land and Kirby Triple Trouble.
    My gods but the 3DS was made for Kirby, it looks amazing.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I am trying to find some MK8 time but stuff gets in the way.
    I am, however, playing a good bit of NSMB2, Super Mario 3D Land and Kirby Triple Trouble.
    My gods but the 3DS was made for Kirby, it looks amazing.

Stop that, your making me want it :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a short game, and really really easy.
    If this was 15 years ago, I'd have said "Rent it"

On a Mario Kart buzz at the moment. Mostly MK8 but also playing some of the original and MK64 too. On the real hardware, of course. :D

Pilotwings resort - I bought this with the 3DS at launch and remember thinking it was pretty crap, but playing it now for a much cheaper price, I'm really digging it. Controls aren't great for the rocket jetpack thing, but still fun.

Pilotwings Resort, I waited so long for that game, waited since 95 and Pilotwings 64!
    and I was so disappointed!
    I loved the N64 game and played it to death.
    I recently got an Everdrive 64 and played it in its NTSC guise and the extra speed is a revelation, stunning stuff even after nearly 20 years, and there aren't that many polygon based games that can do that, though most of them are made by Nintendo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Pilotwings Resort, I waited so long for that game, waited since 95 and Pilotwings 64!
    I recently got an Everdrive 64 and played it in its NTSC guise and the extra speed is a revelation, stunning stuff even after nearly 20 years, and there aren't that many polygon based games that can do that, though most of them are made by Nintendo!
    I spent many hours replaying that Giant-from-the-sea gyro copter mission. One of the best levels of any game I've played!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Your post is the first time I've heard of the Everdrive and after a quick youtubing, I now want one! Can I ask where you got it and for how much?

• Advertisement

Your post is the first time I've heard of the Everdrive and after a quick youtubing, I now want one! Can I ask where you got it and for how much?

I got it from my brother, he bought it but realised he wasn't as into N64 as he thought.
    I gave him a PAL N64 and a collection of classic titles in its stead.
    The everdrive is set to NTSC and so I can now run the full games library on my N64, via RGB so it's all faster and looks crispy clear.
    There's stuff you can't get here, like Mario 64 and Waverace 64 rumble editions, fantastic.
    Good thing about the N64 is get the American or Jap version, quick snip and all carts fit in.
    A EU power supply will power it too, to save shipping weight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Here you go: http://krikzz.com/

I have the old Everdrive MD version, very handy devices.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Here you go: http://krikzz.com/

I have the old Everdrive MD version, very handy devices.

I've got three, one for the N64, one for the MD and one for my TG-16/Express.
    They are pure brilliant and class leading in the world.
    Great prices too, but follow the first shop link from Krikzz page, it's essentially where he sells them, everyone else is a reseller and loads on their own percentage.
    Also, though they are being shipped from Ukraine it's pretty quick.
    krikzz also updates the devices as required until perfect so buy with confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

For those with an Everdrive 64, is it really that annoying to have to reset the console to save before turning it off? Apart from that, and the price, it seems a good piece of kit!

Coupled with an NTSC console and an RGB modded one at that, it really is the only way to get the best out of an N64.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ye I agree, but having to reset to save games seems weird though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Little King's Story on the Wii. Cool little ditty that meshes enough genres together that no aspect ever gets too dull or laboured. AI's a bit off, backtracking can start to grate on occasion, but it has been a rewarding experience thus far, with a cushy difficulty curve too. It does get points, however, for having an NPC crack the forth-wall to apologise to the player for the fetch/collect'em elements.

Inazuma Eleven on the DS. Loving it, wholly. Whatever crackpot decided FIFA needed to be more likely later Final Fantasy/baseball manga deserves all the sweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Starting Bravely Default after the football tonight, haven't looked forward so much to playing a game since Final Fantasy IX, also have Tales of the Abyss but some fcuker spoiled the twist in that on me a while back. Man I love me some good RPGs.

Starting Bravely Default after the football tonight, haven't looked forward so much to playing a game since Final Fantasy IX, also have Tales of the Abyss but some fcuker spoiled the twist in that on me a while back. Man I love me some good RPGs.

How long have you had that game and your only just starting it :p

• Advertisement

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Inazuma Eleven on the DS. Loving it, wholly. Whatever crackpot decided FIFA needed to be more likely later Final Fantasy/baseball manga deserves all the sweets.

The original has been rereleased on 3ds eShop and is currently on sale for €9. Has to be better than this Russia v South Korea game

Advertisement