Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Cravez wrote: »
    State of Decay is a great title, one of the best zombie games out there IMO. The only thing is that once you've done the game it's very hard to go back and replay it.

For 4 quid I don't mind. Have you tried the dlc?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I haven't played the dlc, but the game itself is pretty good, glitchy and buggy in parts but it grows on you despite it's minor failings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Bleh. Someone posted the Steam Summer Sale thread in Games. You can follow the mayhem there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

sweetie wrote: »
    For 4 quid I don't mind. Have you tried the dlc?

I have the Breakdown DLC but not Lifeline.

Breakdown essentially allows infinite mode, so it's good if you're into sandboxing without too much restriction of the story (you can start with your own character). When you do use up all resources on the map you can "restart" the map by putting your survivors on a bus and starting anew, albeit on the same map again.

The DLC's add replayability but when it comes down to it, once you establish the best base possible in the game there isn't much else to do after it.

• Advertisement

Big discounts on WB games over on GMG, including the Arkham titles, Lego games and FEAR series. Use code IFDSUM-MERSAL-E15OFF for a further 15% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Moon54 wrote: »
    State of Decay is on sale atm on GMG. €4.03 with the coupon code; IFDSUM-MERSAL-E15OFF
    That's the lowest price I've seen this game for. :)

Also Age of Empires II HD Edition @ €4 is also a good deal.

state of decay offer is over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Only just saw that Metro 2033 and Metro last light are being re-released soon.
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/44169/

50% off if you own them already.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Burgo wrote: »
    Only just saw that Metro 2033 and Metro last light are being re-released soon.
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/44169/

50% off if you own them already.

What's the difference between the normal version and this redux version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

What's the difference between the normal version and this redux version?

Notes from the metro wiki, first place I found that list the changes.

Metro 2033:

All-new lighting engine.
    Lower end PCs perform better.
    Cinematics have been redone and are now presented in first-person perspective.
    Features day and night cycles.
    More detail to levels and will boast greater visual fidelity.
    Some levels have been expanded such as: the Dead City section is now a single level.
    60fps on next-gen consoles.
    Borrows a few gameplay elements for Metro: Last Light, such as adding the option to wipe your mask clean as well as combat improvements - like stealth takedowns and weapon customization
    Khan's character model will be updated to the version from Last Light - presumably, other returning characters, like Miller will also change.
    Metro 2033 might gain some of new weapons from Metro Last Light

Metro: Last Light:

Graphical upgrades
    Improved gameplay
    Includes all Last Light downloadable content.
    Players will be able to check their watch and inventory.

Both Games:

Supports Ranger Mode
    Each title can be played in one of two difficulty modes: Survival or Spartan. Survival is modeled after Metro 2033, having more limited supplies and ammunition, slower reload speeds and tougher enemy AI. Spartan makes the game more action- oriented and gives players more resources, in the style of Metro: Last Light.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Maybe a good time to play through both games. Have the first already but never played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

For anyone who have not played those games - go pick it up. It's savage game. Should be a must buy for next gen consoles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Thief is 50% off on steam today, 14.99 to me and you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Thief is 50% off on steam today, 14.99 to me and you :)

ive seen it for 9.99 on some sites for steam.

so post them then..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

For anyone who have not played those games - go pick it up. It's savage game. Should be a must buy for next gen consoles too.

Metro you talking about?

so post them then..

Nah, just pointing out steam isn't a bargain even usually when its half price as most PC gamers are aware of.

Nolars wrote: »
    Nah, just pointing out steam isn't a bargain even usually when its half price as most PC gamers are aware of.

Interesting post there Nolars.

I waited for your response before making a decision on buying the game in case you actually had anything better than 14.99

Now that you don't i can feel pretty awesome about saving 50% on a game i've had in my wishlist since last year.

So umm, thanks?

• Advertisement

Interesting post there Nolars.

I waited for your response before making a decision on buying the game in case you actually had anything better than 14.99

Now that you don't i can feel pretty awesome about saving 50% on a game i've had in my wishlist since last year.

So umm, thanks?

Any of the usual sites, kinguin, g2play etc

12.99 + some sorta dlc on g2play

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Someone posted about isthereanydeal.com in the general games bargain thread. I started using it a few weeks ago and it's very handy for checking the various sites and lowest previous price. Will also notify you when a game from your wishlist is on sale. Pretty hand!

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Someone posted about isthereanydeal.com in the general games bargain thread. I started using it a few weeks ago and it's very handy for checking the various sites and lowest previous price. Will also notify you when a game from your wishlist is on sale. Pretty hand!

That site is pretty good, cheers

seems steam is the cheapest for thief atm too

That site is pretty good, cheers

seems steam is the cheapest for thief atm too

http://www.kinguin.net/category/4862/thief-2-dlcs-steam-key/

only took 2 hours to get that out of ye :P

have bought it on steam anyway, but thanks for the link

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Metro you talking about?

Yup, great games. Both.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

so post them then..

€9.76 here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I generally buy from Kinguin, G2A, Amazon etc before I buy from Steam. Steam are great for their sales (which only happen about 3-4 times per year) but other than that their prices are quite high compared to other distributors.

• Advertisement

GOG's summer sale is now under way.

Advertisement