Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How good are you at airsofting?

• 06-03-2014 5:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

How would you rate yourself? And what type of airsofter are you on the field?

I would class myself as a stealthy type of airsofter who likes to sneak around the flanks & pick off people. The occasional time a like to charge in & go down in a blaze of glory depending on the situation, I'V also lead a few tactical engagements which I'm pretty proud of!! So I would give myself 8.5 out of 10.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

I'm so good, I'm the reason its illegal in Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Who cares? I look goddamn sexy in ACU. That's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

NakedDex wrote: »

It's true. I question my sexuality whenever Dex takes to the field cutting a fine figure in ACU.

ps. sorry if this revelation makes you burn your ACU in horror Dex ;)

Lemming wrote: »
    It's true. I question my sexuality whenever Dex takes to the field cutting a fine figure in ACU.

ps. sorry if this revelation makes you burn your ACU in horror Dex ;)

Never. I would never destroy something that makes my ass look that good, regardless of how hirsute the consequences are.

Besides, you're only human. It's not your fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

They call Dex " Naked Dex" for a reason, he's a true equal opportunity's lover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

NakedDex wrote: »

While blasting Avril Lavigne in HRTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I'm good enough to be able to enjoy myself and play honourably while I'm out. Don't need a patch to give me any incentive to play with honour.

It's a good idea don't get me wrong and I can see the appeal they hold, but I just don't feel that we should have to recognise honour in a sport where honour is the biggest part.

And the few times I was lucky enough to see Dex in his ACU, oh my I needed a bucket!

andy_g wrote: »
    While blasting Avril Lavigne in HRTA.

You're absolutely welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

I'm the Simo Häyhä of airsoft coz i crank my sh1t up to 11!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

thermo wrote: »
    I'm the Simo Häyhä of airsoft coz i crank my sh1t up to 11!!

Here come the Russians !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I genuinely can't remember the last time I wasn't on the winning side of a Milsim.....

Self improvement is a big part of my game, and I just take that from sport in general. I don't tend to play many things "for the laugh" I try to be competitive in them to the best of my ability, and just get better at it.

I think I'm alright at Airsoft, like I said, I can't remember the last time I lost a milsim, and alot of those games I'm in some form of command role so I'd say I'm decent at that. In terms of playing there is definitly a few players that stand out from the crowd.

Modesty aside, I'm pretty ****ing unreal to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I'm Atilla the HunReal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

"In your training, do not be in a hurry, for it takes a minimum of ten years to master the basics and advance to the first rung. Never think of yourself as an all-knowing, perfected master; you must continue to train daily with your friends and students and progress together in the Art of Peace."

"Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something."

—O Sensei, Morihei Ueshiba

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

3ef6f4dbbddbce22d045450ba3c8f1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭mafo

I'm zajebisty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

I'm so good a number of sites have asked me not to come back !!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

As the object of Airsoft is to enjoy it, and I always have a great time, ergo it is safe to say that I must be brilliant at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

I have been getting to the objective quite often lately during both CQBs and forest games. Not every time by any means but certainly a lot more often.

When I originally started (last August), I used to hang back and try and snipe out attackers (as opposed to attacking myself) but I have changed my tactics recently and gotten a bit more agressive. Not too much but just enough to take more chances and to advance also.

Worst that will happen is that Ill get hit after all and that can happen if you take too long to make up your mind whether or not to "go for it", anyway so once the opportunity is reasonable enough, Ill give it a try.

Since using this logic, I have definitely found the game a lot more interesting (and painful on occasion alright :D) but Im definitely enjoying it more and I keep pushing myself to improve because I still get caught out badly from time to time.

The biggest problem I have in a lot of games is that they are timed so I really cant take the necessary time to sneak up on enemy positions properly or the game might be over before I get there so I cut corners at times to get there faster where I shouldnt but have no choice and get noticed.

Id probably give myself a 7 at this stage but I will be playing for as long as my legs permit so that can only improve :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

you're only ever as good as your last game!!

did you call your hits??
    did you play fairly with out causing grief and mouthing off??

if you answered yes then you are a good player if not stay at home till you improve

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭chefwes

I can't really rate myself all I can say is I love the sport and every game I play I give it 110%. I take my hits and I don't give grief. I'm massively out of shape so I love getting some exercise and I've made some great friends in the 6 months I've been playing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement