Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

National Team General Discussion

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

When you are that much better than a side the only option is to kill them with creative and expansive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Phonehead wrote: »
    When you are that much better than a side the only option is to kill them with creative and expansive

Glad I didn't release Miron to them, they wanted him BAD! but he'd win nothing looking at that team.

on topic... As Wex says KILL!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

Agreed we are better...but complacency could get us our a**es hand to us! :rolleyes:

What about defensively? should we mix it up in different zones or try to have a one size fits all defense?

I'm still leaning towards one size defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

This new zonal defence is a serious head scratcher, I'm currently using the following

Their 22 - Rush (reason being teams kick more so higer pressure on the kicker and also teams play more through the forwards here.

Their half - Drift (teams tend to get more linebreaks here with backplays, they play less through the forwards and look to get their backs involved)

My half - Drift - As above

My 22 - Rush, pressure pressure pressure on the attack. Forward plays are very effective in this area and also Drift space can't be allowed here. MOM may be an idea here too... but I generally hate that neither here nor there defence

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

This new zonal defence is a serious head scratcher, I'm currently using the following

Their 22 - Rush (reason being teams kick more so higer pressure on the kicker and also teams play more through the forwards here.

Their half - Drift (teams tend to get more linebreaks here with backplays, they play less through the forwards and look to get their backs involved)

My 22 - Rush, pressure pressure pressure on the attack. Forward plays are very effective in this area and also Drift space can't be allowed here. MOM may be an idea here too... but I generally hate that neither here nor there defence

Have to say I tried something similar vs Fewi in my first game of the season.....but i got nailed on linebreaks....if anybody plays creative vs your rush then they are away with it.

So do you second guess what your opponent is playing for defense and try to outsmart them...?? and if you do do you think they'll do the same...so rush wont work?? (thats fried my brain thinking about it...might need to lie down now:()

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Haven't had a chance to test out yet but I am thinking along the lines of drift in own 22 maybe even half and rush the rest. A drift combined with aggressive in the 22 would mean plenty of turnovers/penalties with few tries I would imagine. And anywhere else rush is generally more effective in terms of giving plenty of line breaks but not too much ground on them.

None of this is tested out yet though

Advertisement