Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Job Search

Options
  • 20-05-2014 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I've recently been made redundant from a job working in a coffee shop and I'm not really getting anywhere with my job search - at the minute I'm just using job sites. I've done a range of jobs. I worked for a couple of years at a market research firm and I've done some warehouse work as well. Would anyone be able to recommend any agencies that might sort me out with work. I'm not really sure which ones to approach. Thanks, Jer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Where are you based, and where are you looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LeinsterJC

I live in Blackrock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MU_Van_Gaal_FC

In what area do you want to focus in as you need to arrange your CV to benefit you in that role?

In what area do you want to focus in as you need to arrange your CV to benefit you in that role?

I'd do anything really, I'd be interested in working in a supermarket or any sort of retail work

Well going by "I've recently been made redundant from a job working in a coffee shop"

every time im in the city center I see these jobs advertised in the windows of the shops rather then job sites.

As we are coming into the summer I think you should print off your CVs and go for a stroll around the City.

• Advertisement

You could try costa coffee too

Well going by "I've recently been made redundant from a job working in a coffee shop"

every time im in the city center I see these jobs advertised in the windows of the shops rather then job sites.

As we are coming into the summer I think you should print off your CVs and go for a stroll around the City.

You're right, it's much better to approach employers directly but I'm sick of working in coffee shops. I've been doing it for a few years and it's really a dead-end job. I've handed my CV in at most of the supermarkets around Blackrock and Dun Laoghaire. Had an interview yesterday for a job at the Wetherspoon pub opening in Blackrock but I think I made a balls of it.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend agencies, especially ones that serve big employers like Dublin airport, supermarkets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kdave2

LeinsterJC wrote: »
    You're right, it's much better to approach employers directly but I'm sick of working in coffee shops. I've been doing it for a few years and it's really a dead-end job. I've handed my CV in at most of the supermarkets around Blackrock and Dun Laoghaire. Had an interview yesterday for a job at the Wetherspoon pub opening in Blackrock but I think I made a balls of it.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend agencies, especially ones that serve big employers like Dublin airport, supermarkets etc.

Have you heard back from them yet? I had an interview with them that day too

kdave2 wrote: »
    Have you heard back from them yet? I had an interview with them that day too

yes, i did actually get that i'll be part-time there. hope you got it too

Advertisement