Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

your favorite piece of kit & why?

• 19-05-2014 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

So what's your favorite piece of kit and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

haribo starmix.

Fits everywhere.
    Doesn't get in the way.
    When you're feeling tired/wet/cold/sh*t it's awesome.
    When you're not feeling tired/wet/cold/sh*t it's awesome.
    Everyone else thinks it's awesome too so good for sharing.
    It's awesome.

Morale in a bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MQ10

Lemming wrote: »
    haribo starmix.

Fits everywhere.
    Doesn't get in the way.
    It's awesome.

Morale in a bag.

I second this.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

MQ10 wrote: »
    I second this.
    Third this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Lemming wrote: »
    haribo starmix.

Fits everywhere.
    Doesn't get in the way.
    It's awesome.

Morale in a bag.

Cola bottles are even more awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Bridgedale socks, so very comfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

This is the single most essential piece of kit I own and is with me always, its part of my MilSpec Wallet Loadout and has been most useful for myself, the team and others at one stage or another :)

10378006_687160444683552_6860548688425543558_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Tactical jellies

Tactical fig Rolls

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Either my jet boil ( tactical latte's @ 4am) or my meindle eagles ( dry comfy feet, enough said) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Gortex jacket ! Followed by spare bog roll :-) :-) :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd say now its my DTW.

Simply put after years of looking for a high performance rifle that required didn't require a degree in engineering to upgrade, I finally found it. A PTW clone that out of the box is breathtaking performance. Consistent FPS, snappy trigger response, reliable accuracy and most important godly range.

I won't be stupid and say that I'll never buy another gun again, but after using a "PTW" style rifle, I can hand on heart say I won't be buying another AEG, ever.

I'll still use my existing ones from time to time, but it's too damn incredible using this to go back to using an AEG.

I'm just hoping G&D can bring out a few more variants and styles in this format. Would absolutely LOVE a 416 style PTW/DTW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Miss_Kitami

S.E.A.L.s wrote: »
    Cola bottles are even more awesome!

The sweet ones? Or the sour ones? Either way, yup they're awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'd say now its my DTW.

Simply put after years of looking for a high performance rifle that required didn't require a degree in engineering to upgrade, I finally found it. A PTW clone that out of the box is breathtaking performance. Consistent FPS, snappy trigger response, reliable accuracy and most important godly range.

I won't be stupid and say that I'll never buy another gun again, but after using a "PTW" style rifle, I can hand on heart say I won't be buying another AEG, ever.

I'll still use my existing ones from time to time, but it's too damn incredible using this to go back to using an AEG.

I'm just hoping G&D can bring out a few more variants and styles in this format. Would absolutely LOVE a 416 style PTW/DTW.

I think I saw in the UK that they had a 416 style DTW with m4 lower and possibly m4 style upper rail but a front rail kit more like a 416.

I saw pics for a a&k 416 prototype a while back and I am holding out to see if it comes to market. I would buy it in an instant and sell some of my aegs I have now as I wouldn't use them. Even if I have to change some of the internals, the outer body was perfect with everything right, front receivers to pistol grip and buttstock.

Advertisement