Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Norm MacDonald

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RobbieBonham

Yeah I'm a huge fan of this guy. He also plays Death, in season 1 of Family Guy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Norm is class.

He hosted the SNL News for a few years until the wife of one of the NBC executives said that he wasn't funny.

Norm loves to try and slip the word 'cock' into live televised shows in the States as often as he can as well. Nothing like shaking up the Bible Belt in the middle of the night.

COCK !!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Norm is class.

He hosted the SNL News for a few years until the wife of one of the NBC executives said that he wasn't funny.

Norm loves to try and slip the word 'cock' into live televised shows in the States as often as he can as well. Nothing like shaking up the Bible Belt in the middle of the night.

COCK !!

It was great when he came back to host one show. His opening monologue was genius

(sorry, no video, just audio)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Damon Blake

Norm McDonald is my favourite comedian ever, such that if you asked me who my favourite comedians were I probably wouldn't even mention him because in my head it's just such an assumed thing.

His standup was fantastic but check out the Conan O'Brien interview with Courtney Thorne-Smith for my favourite comeback from any interview ever. Someone has put the audio of all his Fake News on SNL on youtube, oooh if only I had the video! Would make for a good Christmas present.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

His standup was fantastic but check out the Conan O'Brien interview with Courtney Thorne-Smith for my favourite comeback from any interview ever.

Just watched this. Brilliant stuff :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I think Norm deserves a bump. I've been a huge fan of his for years. Was lucky enough to be in the States when he was on Celebrity Who Wants To Be A Millionaire to see his genius!

The idea was every celebrity got a go so the answering the question quickest thing they do to select the next contestant was irrelevant. On purpose Norm didn't answer any time it was up. Much to the frustration of the others. So of course he's on the show for the whole week because he's the last contestant to go. The guy got to the Million dollar question and only didn't answer it because he was guilted by Regis because it was for Charity and not to risk it....he would have been right too with his answer.

Love him on Stern, Conan, Dennis Miller, Daily Show and Letterman too. I could watch him all day.

If you haven't heard this yet, you need to:

Some of my favourite Norm moments are his Thanks giving speech to Conan..."I'm thankful for bread, I hear it tastes delicious, I haven't tried it myself" and "last of all Conan, I'm thanksful for friends. YES, CONAN, FRIENDS....especially the one where Chandler buy Joey the duck"

On Howard Stern talking about how after his sitcom he thought he could retire and he wouldn't be mega rich but he could at least move to a small town and be the richest guy there. Like Spokane, Iowa or something and he does an impression of a redneck "Why over there is Roy Johnsons house, richest guy in town, Why that house costs over 100 thousand dollars"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Norm's one of my comedic idols. I genuinely think he's a genius, it'd be amazing to see him live. His interviews are almost always amazing too, both the ones on Conan, and more candid stuff like on Stern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Love him also! Dirty Work is one of my favourite movies!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

The Moth Joke is masterful.

rivalius13 wrote: »
    The Moth Joke is masterful.

He had me at Pediatrists office...most his jokes are old jokes remastered.

It was funny when he was on Conan...he's had a long running private joke insinuating Andy Richter is gay so every time he's on the show he tells a gay Andy joke.

The one he told about how Andy was a male prostitute and made something like 9,500 dollars and 15 cents the night before by turning tricks...

Conan asks, who on earth gave him the 15 cents?

All of them...ya see Conan that works out that Andy had sex with over 6 thousand men.

In fairness Andy's comeback was probably even better. "Norm says he's matured as a comic and I think I know why, it's because he's telling my grandfathers jokes"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Saw him on Ed Byrne's Just for Laughs a few years ago. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SlimJ

You guys here him on Dennis Miller this year talking about how he was a vegetarian that eats chicken, beef and pork. Sometimes raw, while still kicking and their death throws making me hungrier

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

Norm has his own podcast show now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NormMacdonaldLive?feature=watch

also he will be doing his commentary of the Masters later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Norm has his own podcast show now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NormMacdonaldLive?feature=watch

also he will be doing his commentary of the Masters later.

These have been fantastic.

Nice to see him doing something besides eating excessively.

I'm loving his Podcast, unfortunately he's not doing one next week but will be back on the 10th.

I love this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭briany

The Norm McDonald podcast is mostly excellent. It's the guest who really makes the show though. Larry King, Russell Brand, Howard from TBBT and Billy Bob Thornton have all been great, funny raconteurs. That's not to put down the others but the rest have felt like friends of Norm or just weren't as interesting.

:)

I actually enjoyed the others better.

Kevin Nealon, Tom Green & Nick Swardson are my favs.

All very light so far.

Interesting to see if they tackle and serious issues in the future.

Another Monday goes by and another Norm no show.

As Norm himself would say, "Goddam this mother****er, no offence, he's a good guy"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Love Norm
    heard him on Adam Carollas podcast and Bill Simmons podcast a while back and both of them were some of his funniest interviews ever

• Advertisement

Norm's podcast set to return in the near future!

Norm's podcast set to return in the near future!

How do you know it's returning!?? I know the channel were saying months ago it may return but nothing was official

Wompa1 wrote: »
    How do you know it's returning!?? I know the channel were saying months ago it may return but nothing was official

He was tweeting about it last week.

Poor first episode back...mainly due to Fred Stoller killing the vibe. Also Norm needs to tell some Jokes in the jokes segment, his delivery is the best.

Adam Sandler
    David Spade
    Carl Reiner

are the 3 most recent episodes. Some good laughs.

Like having a few drinks in good company.

Podcast is back for season 3.

Stephen Merchant is the guest for episode 1.

Norm also has a new book out next week.

Exciting times for Norm fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Norm's gotten his own chat show on Netflix as a result of his youtube show!

https://twitter.com/normmacdonald

Of his recent interviews, I really enjoyed the Dana Carvey, Bill Hader and Stephen Merchant (the best - Norm really f*cked with him!)

Advertisement