Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

New trailer featuring some gameplay footage from the previous video.

Pre-ordering also gets you access to the Doom 4 beta it seems.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I have to say I am looking forward to this, slight spoiler if you watch the video to the point with the final card, nothing major just it might be more fun to make the final choice yourself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Out a week on Tuesday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Saw an interview with the devs saying it clocks in at around 20 hours if you explore everywhere and get all the collectibles, didn't mention how extensive the collectibles were though so hard to gauge that 20 hours in terms of play vs bloat and padding with collectibles. They also didn't mention difficulty used on that time either.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Looks good, but from various searches there will be no co-op element. This will hinder it's playiable a bit. Still, if the reviews are decent one to put on my to get list.

• Advertisement

Manach wrote: »
    Looks good, but from various searches there will be no co-op element. This will hinder it's playiable a bit. Still, if the reviews are decent one to put on my to get list.

No multiplayer at all which was a surprise to me , usually this is the exact type of game that gets MP needed or not.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

calex71 wrote: »
    No multiplayer at all which was a surprise to me , usually this is the exact type of game that gets MP needed or not.
    I think I read that they really wanted to try to make a good single player game, as an alternative to the usual MP games with a weak SP tacked on. I dont have much faith that this will work in a sales way though :(

I think I read that they really wanted to try to make a good single player game, as an alternative to the usual MP games with a weak SP tacked on. I dont have much faith that this will work in a sales way though :(

On the one hand it will the 1st major release on ONE/PS4 in some time which could help it given the lack of games anyway on those but on the other its a week before watch_dogs which will almost certainly hurt it sales wise I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wolf ET (the best one) was meant to be SP and MP but seemingly the Sp was **** so they said "**** it" and released it as MP only for free.

This looks decent will get it when its a tenner or less, which wont be long looking at prices on g2play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Quite looking forward to this, looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Also in case anyone hasn't seen the different ways to play, here is a better idea of the stealth gameplay vs the traditional run and gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 The Surround Gamer

Keep these vids coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Getting the game just for the sake of it - loved Wolfenstein 3D back in the day... :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It actually looks like a lot of fun. I'll pick it up if it's cheap enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i dont like how easy he got some of those headshots with that pistol...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Autoaim I imagine with crosshair turned off. Gameplay footages are usually shìte anyways and have a few tricks / cheats enabled.

I'll probably pick this up, looks like decent fun. I like the twin shotguns destroying all around :)

Running slide while throwing a knife to the nuts was my personal favourite :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

Parawind wrote: »
    Quite looking forward to this, looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Also in case anyone hasn't seen the different ways to play, here is a better idea of the stealth gameplay vs the traditional run and gun.

There's only one way I will be playing this game...all guns blazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Looks terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Latest trailer:

Moon Confirmed.

Looks excellently over the top. As it should be.

• Advertisement

Dermighty wrote: »
    Looks terrible!

Agreed , no fun to be had in this game at all by the looks of it :p

If borderlands 2 taught me anything, it's that dual wielding guns > not :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I want it so bad, but single player means it'll go cheap fairly quickly. Bleh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Slightly off topic, but do they predict when the Doom 4 beta will actually be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Dair. wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but do they predict when the Doom 4 beta will actually be available?

I reckon they will announce that at E3. Techincally, Doom 4 hasn't even been announced yet! We all just kinda knew they were making one after they said they scrapped the original Doom 4 to rebuild it from scratch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm cautiously optimistic on this one. It seems to have a potentially good mix of old school mechanics and violent fun. But it's already up for a day 1 patch that's 7.3 gig in size:

http://www.geek.com/games/wolfenstein-the-new-order-has-a-7-3gb-day-one-patch-1593907/

Spear wrote: »
    I'm cautiously optimistic on this one. It seems to have a potentially good mix of old school mechanics and violent fun. But it's already up for a day 1 patch that's 7.3 gig in size:

http://www.geek.com/games/wolfenstein-the-new-order-has-a-7-3gb-day-one-patch-1593907/

An issue if you have a limited connection that's for sure, though I'd rather a big patch than none at all if there are issues with the game after it's gone to be pressed. A patch that size is questionable though surely has to contain some kind of game content or fmv and not simply modifying some of the games code?

MS and others really need to look into some kind of compression for delivering patches etc though that would require extra free space to extract / install etc. that said for all I know maybe they already have compressed them :confused:

An issue if you have a limited connection that's for sure, though I'd rather a big patch than none at all if there are issues with the game after it's gone to be pressed. A patch that size is questionable though surely has to contain some kind of game content or fmv and not simply modifying some of the games code?

MS and others really need to look into some kind of compression for delivering patches etc though that would require extra free space to extract / install etc. that said for all I know maybe they already have compressed them :confused:

It's one of the most frustrating aspects of the X1 at the moment. I have limited bandwidth (Connection of 2mg) and these game patches are ridiculously large.

So frustrating purchasing a game and having to download for another day before I actually play the game.

Had an issue recently with Dead Rising 3 where some of the files got corrupted somehow...I ended up having to re-download 13gbs :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Shame they haven't attempted a multiplayer mode imo. Couple of the best online shooters of their time, was never that fussed on the SP games tbh.

Magill wrote: »
    Shame they haven't attempted a multiplayer mode imo. Couple of the best online shooters of their time, was never that fussed on the SP games tbh.
    I'm glad it's not multilayer. Single player seems to be a 'dying art'.

Glad the focus is Single player only. As long as it delivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm glad it's not multilayer. Single player seems to be a 'dying art'.

Glad the focus is Single player only. As long as it delivers.

I don't ever remember Wolfenstein having particulary good single player tho, maybe the original -> 3D were good in their day (Before my time unfortunately). RTCW and ET were amazing multiplayer games, 2 of the best imo... its what i'll always remember from "Wolfenstein".

This just looks like a serious sam styled shooter, doesn't look like its something that would be sacrificing plot or something important from the SP to make a MP mode.

I get why people want developers to drop the MP in some games (Your Mass Effects etc) but Wolfenstein...
    'dying art'

Jesus....

Advertisement