Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Camera Club???

• 28-03-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Everyone,

Just moved to Tralee and was shocked to see there is no camera club in the town itself. Sure there is one in Killarney and one in Ardfert, but I think Tralee has a large enough population to have its own club.

Anyone interested to start one up? :)

Please only post if you are seriously interested!!

Thanks

N

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

nctralee wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Just moved to Tralee and was shocked to see there is no camera club in the town itself. Sure there is one in Killarney and one in Ardfert, but I think Tralee has a large enough population to have its own club.

Anyone interested to start one up? :)

Please only post if you are seriously interested!!

Thanks

N

there was a photography club going for years, I think one of the Kennelly's was involved in it. Not sure whether is still going, hopefully someone here can advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nctralee

Ive searched everywhere online and have found nothing. Theres mentions of Killarney, Ardfert, South Kerry and a North Kerry (Listowel) but none in Tralee.

Seemingly there was a "Tralee Camera Club" that became "Kerry Photographic Society" but neither have a website or a mention on the socc.ie, or on google.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this and reveal something.

Either way, I am still interested to see if there is anyone else interested in starting something in Tralee.

N

• Registered Users Posts: 1 osullc42

Hi ya,
    I'm looking for a photography club myself in tralee. If there is anything going I would be very interested. I'm looking for a beginners class

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭AmberAmber

hi , I would be interested too. right now i dont have a fancy camera , I have a casio Exilm 10mp few years old.
    If a camera club was to start up what type of Camera would we be expected to start off with. Could always as my Dad nicely i guess to borrow his nice camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nctralee

Thanks everyone for showing interest. I think once we have enough people involved in this thread and people are actively wanting to start a camera club in Tralee, we could put things in motion.

Could I please get everyone to start talking to their friends and work mates to see if they would be interested too.

I am a professional photographer so I'd only be glad to share tips and tricks once we get going. This is not going to happen overnight but if we stick at it, we will definitely get one started.

Any input is welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

I would be very interested in such a club

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

I'd be up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

I'm from Tralee and myself and a couple of others just go to the Ardfert Camera club, we have a meeting on next Thursday.

Yeah it is pretty amazing that Tralee does not have one.

Sure if there is one in Ardfert well its sorted so ! we all just find the details for them and dont need to set up one in Tralee ,
    super
    Thanks

http://ardfertcameraclub.weebly.com/

afaik we are going to fenit pier on thursday at 8 to take some pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Count me in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 purplenia

very disappointed that ye just gave up why does a town as big as Tralee not deserve the enthusiasm of its own club. why give up so easily. would love a Tralee camera club, it the idea completely dead?

I am very disappointed that ye just gave up, why does a town as big as Tralee not deserve the enthusiasm of its own club. Why give up so easily? I would love a Tralee camera club and i'm sure i'm not alone. Is the idea completely dead?

I wouldn't think so, there are plenty of people out there photographing around tralee (with a couple of serious pro photographers living in the immediate area)

so i would say that there would be interest. unfortunately it takes about 2-4 dedicated individuals to get this sort of thing started. as in they will be at every meeting set up a program of events visit other clubs to get ideas.

I did not give up , I just suggested that if there was already one local why not join that one. For me right now this year and maybe for a while yet for health reasons I am not able to do such things, but wanted to cos I thought I be better by now.
    So go start one up so if your so disappointed that no set up a "suggestion"
    every one wants some one else to set things up !!
    go put all your energy of disappointment into some thing so.

When and if one starts in Tralee I would love to hear about it. Thanks in advance.

AmberAmber wrote: »
    I did not give up , I just suggested that if there was already one local why not join that one. For me right now this year and maybe for a while yet for health reasons I am not able to do such things, but wanted to cos I thought I be better by now.
    So go start one up so if your so disappointed that no set up a "suggestion"
    every one wants some one else to set things up !!
    go put all your energy of disappointment into some thing so.

wow Amberamber quiet sharp!!!!
    I made an observation and am disappointed. I too am quiet ill at the moment so would love to join but not willing to go about setting up a group I don't have enough contacts in the area. I would attend a local group but not willing to set up group until finished Chemo and surgery. Hope you feel better soon.
    And until a camera club comes to Tralee happy snapping in Ardfert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

There is a camera club in the IT Tralee college. I know someone involved in it, and he is always saying how few members turn up for shoots / discussions / tech-talks etc. I will ask if they could take folk that are not attending college. All clubs need more members, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

There is a camera club in the IT Tralee college. I know someone involved in it, and he is always saying how few members turn up for shoots / discussions / tech-talks etc. I will ask if they could take folk that are not attending college. All clubs need more members, right?

This might not be a runner. My mate says he is fairly sure the club is for students only. Also, the club doesnt do anything from June to Sept (...college holidays!). But he will double check.

This might not be a runner. My mate says he is fairly sure the club is for students only. Also, the club doesnt do anything from June to Sept (...college holidays!). But he will double check.

not sure if clubs do anything during the summer.

start with an informal meetup.

who wants to meetup to take pictures??

• Advertisement
Advertisement