Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Recruitment!

• 18-04-2014 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

Hey, hope all are well and progressing.

For those of us who failed one of the stages, I have been told today by a source that there will be a new campaign. She said that it may start within the next few months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

They just finished hiring Role Actors so Im guessing so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Heard the same directly from someone who I would regard as a solid source*. Next month was the suggestion.

* Not just whispers, but links to recruitment

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

Were the role play actors not for the training in GV?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Really hope this happens, was gutted to pass the assessment center but I missed out because of one role play which brought my marks down below the cut-off.

I would imagine it would be a much smaller intake compared to the current campaign.

https://thesupportteam.erecruit.co.uk/erecruit/job/details.do;jsessionid=5D0A2302D7C570A635A826B8B04C205E?jobId=35

They may be for GV?

Around August 2013, the independent lay assessor role was advertised for the ACs. Probably would expect the same a month in advance of another drive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

I would assume any future recruitment drive may be a bit more competitve as I'm sure there was a lot of people missed out this year with the ICT requirement. This year there should be no excuses to not have it all in order

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Have heard the same as Gee cant wait to get another shot at the recruitment process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

If you failed the previous recruitment campaign is there not a minimum amount of time you must wait before re-applying for a new one? Example - England wait 6 months and Scotland wait 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

I heard that at the time of the closing date for applications for this campaign. A lot of people have doubted it but.. I'd expect there will be another drive this year. Chance to reapply since I imagine I'm well down the merit list this time round, lessons learnt etc, if this recruitment isn't my time the next one will be! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I heard from a police officer that there will be more recruiting this year. Hope its a fresh campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hey there.

Are you sure it's another Recruitment Campaign as opposed to another intake of people from the current Campaign? It would seem like a huge waste of time, resources and money to have gone through all of that for just 1 intake. I think it's likely that they'll pull as many people from this Campaign as possible without having to incur the massive cost of doing another one.

That's just a guess, but an educated guess. It's not like there's a huge pot of cash sloshing back and forth enabling them to run a Campaign. Knowing the organisation as well as I do, I'd say they're going to leech as many people as they possibly can from this one before going at it again.

Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

There have been a few indicators suggesting that they have not managed to get the required number of candidates passing everything, so maybe necessity could warrant another campaign!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

There are still a fair few waiting to be processed. It would make sense to work through them all before starting a new campaign however I too have heard that a new campaign will start soon.

If you work off an assumption it takes roughly 9 months for a first squad to start training from the date of application, if a new campaign started in May/June then that would tie in with statement that this current merit list runs until march 2015

19087 wrote: »
    There have been a few indicators suggesting that they have not managed to get the required number of candidates passing everything, so maybe necessity could warrant another campaign!

There are still a lot of mid to high B's that haven't even been issued vetting or PCA dates yet. Lack of "qualifying" candidates certainly isn't true.

Does the Met do (or maybe did) a campaign where they recruit annually and everyone who passes goes on a waiting list for a maximum of two years, like topping up potential recruits, those who passed on the previous campaign remain on the list and are appointed when places become available, but there is always a waiting list of sorts.

OK, just checked the Mets recruitment page to see if I could get info and noticed they are recruiting, also noticed you need a certificate in Knowledge of Policing before applying, when did that come in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Shield wrote: »
    Hey there.

Are you sure it's another Recruitment Campaign as opposed to another intake of people from the current Campaign? It would seem like a huge waste of time, resources and money to have gone through all of that for just 1 intake. I think it's likely that they'll pull as many people from this Campaign as possible without having to incur the massive cost of doing another one.

That's just a guess, but an educated guess. It's not like there's a huge pot of cash sloshing back and forth enabling them to run a Campaign. Knowing the organisation as well as I do, I'd say they're going to leech as many people as they possibly can from this one before going at it again.

Thoughts?

Hi Shield. Hope you're well.

All I will say is people doubted me when I posted to say there would be recruitment in 2013. I trust my source and they have told me that there will be a new campaign within the next few months.

I agree with you that it doesn't make sense, but that's why they will probably do it.

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Hi Shield. Hope you're well.

All I will say is people doubted me when I posted to say there would be recruitment in 2013. I trust my source and they have told me that there will be a new campaign within the next few months.

I agree with you that it doesn't make sense, but that's why they will probably do it.

Hey Gee-22, can your source find out w.t.h is happening with those people in the B group who passed the AC?

Do you also happen to know why are the recruiting again when they're only permitted 478?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 elspeth flash

I posted a while back that id heard there was to be a new campaign in may and was ridiculed for it. Hope there is one in may or soon afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tommy Gunn

If you're a grade B from the AC, I wouldn't be too concerned if you haven't got a date for your PCA yet. Mine's today and i'm an A grade. Think the delay was down to the new ICT requirement, and Deloitte hadn't a clue which qualifications were the equivalent or higher to those they requested.

• Advertisement

If you feel like asking for us then feel free!

6jImLrs.jpg

As per the rumours, new drive scheduled for late May.

Sthm wrote: »
    6jImLrs.jpg

As per the rumours, new drive scheduled for late May.

Certainly leaves a lot of questions unanswered!! Tweet them if you have no personal info on your account and ask numbers they are recruiting for. I closed my twitter so can't.

I don't have a twitter account but I note someone else commented underneath it asking about numbers. I think 300 was quoted for 2015/16 as per the Chief Con letter as of recent?

Without sounding naive, I'd view it as more a good thing. Possibly suggests not enough are left in the merit list from the Sept 2013 drive to make up the 100 + 378 appointees.

Or, of course, it could mean that they're just starting their 2015/16 recruitment very early and it has no relation to how the current drive has went.

Either way, I'll be putting in an application to cover all bases.

Same.

I wonder if eligibility will change this time around.

Keep an eye out for dates then.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Like above, 99% sure I'll be reapplying too, still haven't got a PCA date and my AC score can only get better with experience.

I seen the NI Policing Board are wanting to appoint voluntary 'Independent Community Observers' to monitor future PSNI campaigns. They state that appointments will be made September 2014 for an initial three year period, with potential of re-appointment for a following three years.

Maybe suggests PSNI will have a few competitions over the next three years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr.Peanut

Sthm wrote: »
    I seen the NI Policing Board are wanting to appoint voluntary 'Independent Community Observers' to monitor future PSNI campaigns. They state that appointments will be made September 2014 for an initial three year period, with potential of re-appointment for a following three years.

Maybe suggests PSNI will have a few competitions over the next three years.

They've always had these for this campaign and previous ones they sit in on its and assessment centres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ClareRose47

This is brilliant news. I failed push pull part of the pca so have already booked my pt sessions for the next three months,excited now!

• Advertisement

Mr.Peanut wrote: »
    They've always had these for this campaign and previous ones they sit in on its and assessment centres

I know - I was more pointing towards the fact they are appointing them on a three year basis.

Advertisement