Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slowing down RPM?

Options
  • 26-04-2014 4:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,
    Im trying to slow down the rpm of my WE G18c Gen4. Its so fast that I run out of ammo and gas in 4 seconds (even with 50 round extended mag!) and gas can get pretty expensive at that rate. So, how do i slow it down a bit? I have 20% upgraded recoil & hammer springs as i thought they would slow it down
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Hi,
    Im trying to slow down the rpm of my WE G18c Gen4. Its so fast that I run out of ammo and gas in 4 seconds (even with 50 round extended mag!) and gas can get pretty expensive at that rate. So, how do i slow it down a bit?

Select semi auto?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Try a bit of trigger control......it takes a bit of practice but it can be done

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TTG TriCkSh0tZz

Thanks for your quick replies. The selector switch is broken so full auto is my only option. Regarding trigger control, i understand what you mean but i am looking for a mechanical way to reduce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Thanks for your quick replies. The selector switch is broken so full auto is my only option. Regarding trigger control, i understand what you mean but i am looking for a mechanical way to reduce it.

Honestly without sounding sarcastic the only solution is fix the semi auto issue, I cant think of any method of reducing the rof on auto at least significantly.

Have a nosey on youtube or a forum for help and advice or youtube.

Ok, thanks very much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Not too sure if this would work. Don't have much experience with GBB but could the OP not use different valves on the mags which would reduce the flow of gas?

Not sure if that would work or if it's even possible but maybe someone here can help? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

If the slide is moving slower than it should, that is usually a sign that something is wrong. Slowing down the gbb might actually be bad for it.

But if you really want to slow it down I think if you can add more resistance to the slide cycling that should slow it down as the rate at which it cycles should affect the rpm as it is needed to reset the trigger for the next shot. But this may be bad for your internals.

How is the semi auto broken? Is it just the selector? Or has something been damaged inside the pistol?

Basically in both semi and full auto modes, it shoots just fully auto. I think i may have solved that a few hours ago (trigger went too far back, locking up the trigger reset bar. No gas to test it yet tho). I assumed it was possible to safetly slow it down because there are plenty of guides out there showing how to increase it.

As I said, how fast the slide moves should increase ROF. Decreasing friction or lightening the slide should improve ROF

I wont risk damaging it so i guess im stuck with it. Thanks for your help, much appreciated

• Advertisement

Well You should be able to find a guide for fixing semi auto online as a lot of the full auto glock GBBs have had problems with the selector and used a similar system so it should help with that problem.

Edit: I use a g17 so I can't help with full auto types, sorry :(

Advertisement