Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kathryn Thomas.....Dress

• 08-04-2014 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Did you see what Kathryn Thomas wore to the IFTAS at the weekend?

It was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.....she looked like something the cat dragged in ........

She must think she is super star who can wear anything and get away with it, in reality she is a very poor presenter who can just about keep up with the auto q.

How do these people make it onto TV? RTE really do scrape the bottom of the barrel when finding presenters.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭voter1983

Any pic so we can see for ourselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Is it Kathryn Thomas or her dress you have the problem with? I don't watch sh1te tv works great you should try it some time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Is it Kathryn Thomas or her dress you have the problem with? I don't watch sh1te tv works great you should try it some time :)

It seems to me that the posters problem is with the lady herself. The dress itself wasnt that bad. There was certainly worse attire on show. this is the dress in question http://entertainment.ie/photos/Arrivals-at-the-2014-Irish-Film-amp-Television-Awards/5486.htm#!img=27

How many crows did they kill to make that dress?

miaooooow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

God, that woman is insufferable. She's completely barmy, you know.

And what was with the ridiculous tribute to Gerry Ryan and 'Maura and the kids' at the end of the acceptance speech. She rushed in at the end to get her 30 seconds of IFTA fame.

Total loser. I saw her on a night out once and it was not a pretty sight. Talk about OTT. Ugh.
    Did you see what Kathryn Thomas wore to the IFTAS at the weekend?

It was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.....she looked like something the cat dragged in ........

She must think she is super star who can wear anything and get away with it, in reality she is a very poor presenter who can just about keep up with the auto q.

How do these people make it onto TV? RTE really do scrape the bottom of the barrel when finding presenters.

I'm just not feeling the love for kathryn here at all. She seems to have upset a lot of people during her life. Mostly by having the temerity of being alive or so it seems.

RTE have a funny thing of over-promoting someone. Kathryn was amazing presenting that holiday show (the name of which escapes me right now). But she's like the Seoige's now - on every show RTE are churning out these days.

Hector is suffering from the same thing... RTE latching on to someone and over-exposing them 'til we're sick to the back teeth of watching them and listening to them.

Also, re. Kathryn, she's plain bonkers, loud, boisterous, in-yer-face, arrogant. Believe me, I work in the industry and it's quite a well-known fact.
    Beano wrote: »
    I'm just not feeling the love for kathryn here at all. She seems to have upset a lot of people during her life. Mostly by having the temerity of being alive or so it seems.

The problem RTE have is that the pool of talent is quite small in this country so when they do find somebody that is half decent they do tend to give them a lot of work because they're afraid they'll feck off to the UK where the money is a lot better if they dont.

I dunno... there are heaps of 'unknowns' that would be great given half a bloody chance by RTE. HEAPS.

Then they go and take a punt on Laura Whitmore.. to present an awards ceremony?? Come on! She might be great on MTV as the demographic is, let's face it, younger but to put her in a live televised awards ceremony is ridiculous.

They need to pay a visit to the acting schools, dramatic arts, politics and English courses all across the country and they'll find 100+ more talented people than the likes of Kathryn Thomas and Laura Whitmore. Dreggs, I tell ya, the dreggs.

• Advertisement

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    I dunno... there are heaps of 'unknowns' that would be great given half a bloody chance by RTE. HEAPS.

Then they go and take a punt on Laura Whitmore.. to present an awards ceremony?? Come on! She might be great on MTV as the demographic is, let's face it, younger but to put her in a live televised awards ceremony is ridiculous.

They need to pay a visit to the acting schools, dramatic arts, politics and English courses all across the country and they'll find 100+ more talented people than the likes of Kathryn Thomas and Laura Whitmore. Dreggs, I tell ya, the dreggs.

Kathryn was amazing presenting that holiday show

Mixed messages??

Totally.. she was great on that show, it suited her but then RTE over-exposed her and now we're all bored of her.

Because they're putting her on numerous things doesn't mean she's going to ace them all.

Stick to what you know. *and as an aside, when I saw her out on a work thing my opinion of the girl completely changed.
    Mixed messages??

Totally.. she was great on that show, it suited her but then RTE over-exposed her and now we're all bored of her.

Because they're putting her on numerous things doesn't mean she's going to ace them all.

Stick to what you know. *and as an aside, when I saw her out on a work thing my opinion of the girl completely changed.

Bit of a leap from that to calling her the dregs is it?

it just think people are being a bit harsh on her.

is she overexposed? Yes she is.
    Does that make her a bad person? I dont think it does.

Does that make her a bad person? I dont think it does.

Nope, it doesn't but I just don't like her. And I certainly would call her the dreggs after her stupid Gerry Ryan comment on Saturday. Ridick!

And as for her dress, to get this back on topic, it wasn't great. The top half could've worked but those feathers...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

It seems to me that the posters problem is with the lady herself. The dress itself wasnt that bad. There was certainly worse attire on show. this is the dress in question http://entertainment.ie/photos/Arrivals-at-the-2014-Irish-Film-amp-Television-Awards/5486.htm#!img=27

I don't like the dress or her bag.

Her hair and makeup looked like she did them in the taxi to the venue.

13677746613_55223ffee4_c.jpg

She looks old in that photo compared to the lights of the studio. She looks as if she is ready to take flight :D

miaooooow
    caw caw caw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

She's insufferable and horrendous

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

The combination of dress and face are giving me a Cruella de Vil vibe (a bird version, obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭George White

RTE have a funny thing of over-promoting someone. Kathryn was amazing presenting that holiday show (the name of which escapes me right now). But she's like the Seoige's now - on every show RTE are churning out these days.

Hector is suffering from the same thing... RTE latching on to someone and over-exposing them 'til we're sick to the back teeth of watching them and listening to them.

Also, re. Kathryn, she's plain bonkers, loud, boisterous, in-yer-face, arrogant.

And drop dead gorgeous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jillymayr

a ton apparently

Advertisement