Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tight Fit Jerseys from O'Neill's

• 10-04-2014 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Every jersey I've worn in the last ten years has been a tight fit. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Every jersey I've worn in the last ten years has been a tight fit. :(

Step away from the all day breakfast chief ;-)

Patww79 wrote: »

Essentially yes. €5 extra though and its only available on the latest shirt online so for adult size the chances are you'll pay almost €70 between postage etc which is absolutely scandalous. Get a number on the back and that goes up to €75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Some difference. So with the exchange rate your probably going to save €15 id imagine. We're being ripped off big time in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

They're a lot better than the jerseys you buy in the shops that are a terrible fit but the quality of O'Neill's jerseys is awful in comparison to other sports.

The material they use reminds me of the cheap knock-off Serie A jerseys you'd pick up in Italy for about 5 euro!

I'd wager that the material that they use for Harlequins jersey is a lot better than what they use for their GAA gear which begs the question why don't they put apply the same quality to both...I think we all know the answer to that, competition; they don't really have any for gaelic games.

They're a lot better than the jerseys you buy in the shops that are a terrible fit but the quality of O'Neill's jerseys is awful in comparison to other sports.

The material they use reminds me of the cheap knock-off Serie A jerseys you'd pick up in Italy for about 5 euro!

I'd wager that the material that they use for Harlequins jersey is a lot better than what they use for their GAA gear which begs the question why don't they put apply the same quality to both...I think we all know the answer to that, competition; they don't really have any for gaelic games.

Though to be also fair Zulu, seasonality plays a big part. GAA is a faster more dynamic game predominantly played in summer time while Rugby requires a more rugged apparel. Take also that its played predominantly in winter and that player ams and torsos are touching the mucky ground more often.

Though that said nothing justifies the current price of the GAA jerseys. They are probably made for less then a fiver if truth be known.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Though to be also fair Zulu, seasonality plays a big part. GAA is a faster more dynamic game predominantly played in summer time while Rugby requires a more rugged apparel. Take also that its played predominantly in winter and that player ams and torsos are touching the mucky ground more often.

Though that said nothing justifies the current price of the GAA jerseys. They are probably made for less then a fiver if truth be known.

Maybe so, but club games (which make up the bulk of GAA games) because of inter-county system end up being played in wind and rain in the depths of autumn and winter.

While I don't think the designs are that bad (they used to be horrendous) the quality of gear is poor.

Embroidered crests have only come on jerseys in the last 2 years, while the sponsor, the GAA logo, and the O'Neill's name itself, are all just part of the jersey and not manifested in the way they are on soccer and rugby jerseys.

Now if GAA jerseys were cheaper than their soccer or rugby counterparts because of the lack of such finery then that'd be fair enough but they're not...if anything they are even more expensive, which is crazy!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

The UK ones are different from the Irish ones, because of the three strip thing, afaik O Neills will only sell the two stripe outside of Ireland

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Ah what, I was planning to head up there next week cos I'm off, been meaning to go for ages, but anytime I was in Dublin in the last few months it was literally for a meeting and back on the plane, no time to get out there

If ye hear about it, let me know - don't want to waste a day going up there to find that its closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

The only other one I know of is in Strabane.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭kaiserrussel

Hi there

what size tight fit would be comparable to the Regular fit size medium?

I would think XL or even xxl tight fit?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I've tried the player fit in a small, and it's much better fit than the oversized regular jersey.
    In fact, it's exactly the same size as the largest child's shirt - I held them side by side and tried both on.
    So you can get it at €50 if you buy the kids size.

Afraid if you're any bigger than small, you'll need to pay the extra to get the non-tent version.

That brings another question, how the hell does a childs size jersey, I think its 13-14 or 14-15, not quite sure, equate to a small adult size?
    Is this because of obesity, that kids shirts are made much bigger than they would have been in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭big_drive

I think on the adult ones you need to go about 2 sizes bigger.

E.g. Regular small = large tight fit and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭kaiserrussel

big_drive wrote: »
    I think on the adult ones you need to go about 2 sizes bigger.

E.g. Regular small = large tight fit and so on

ah that makes sense so,thanks.I think because its the club "trainin" jersey type as wel that they are prob a lesser quality material (if thats even possible) that the match jersey material

• Registered Users Posts: 13,294 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

That brings another question, how the hell does a childs size jersey, I think its 13-14 or 14-15, not quite sure, equate to a small adult size?
    Is this because of obesity, that kids shirts are made much bigger than they would have been in the past?

I think it's just the stupid sizing and design from O'Neills. It used to be the same issue with Canterbury rugby jerseys. I have two Leinster jerseys from the same season, one is a 14-15 child size and the other is medium adult. The adult jersey is a tighter fit I kid you not!

In relation to the player-fit jerseys... They should be the normal ones for sale. And the current sizes should then be called/labelled 'oversized'.

The O Neills child sizes have increased the last few years, it has been ridiculous

• Advertisement
Advertisement